View Single Post
Old 22-04-2018, 03:34 PM   #14
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: [FAC] Manchester United 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur

ALEXIS VOTED MAN OF THE MATCH IN FA CUP SEMI

Alexis Sanchez was voted Manchester United’s Man of the Match by fans on Twitter after an impressive showing against Tottenham Hotspur in the Emirates FA Cup semi-final on Saturday.

The Chilean opened the scoring for the Reds in the 24th minute; at just 5ft 6in, he still managed to out-jump Spurs defenders Jan Vertonghen and Ben Davies to head home.

In a tireless, lionhearted performance, Alexis also played a vital part in the winning goal, as he crossed for Romelu Lukaku to ultimately provide the assist for Ander Herrera’s vital strike.

Alexis narrowly topped the post-match poll on our official Twitter account @ManUtd with 53 percent of the final vote, just ahead of matchwinner Herrera, (43 percent) and Jesse Lingard (four percent).

Asked about his January signing's United evolution in his post-match press conference, Jose Mourinho said: "I tell Alexis the same as I told Paul (Pogba) a couple weeks ago. I cannot expect my players to be Man of the Match every match.

"I cannot expect them to score goals every match, I cannot expect them to be perfect every match. What I expect is a certain level that you don’t go below and that is the level of the basic things in the game.

"If you do the basic things of the game and then in some matches your talent appears and makes a difference, that’s fine. I’m not waiting for Alexis in the next match to score again and be the Man of the Match and so on and so on.

"I just want him to be stable and in Alexis’s case, I think the next season obviously gives him much better conditions to be a top player for us, because I don’t like the January market."

Saturday’s goal was Alexis’s third in a United shirt since his move from Arsenal. The 29-year-old continued his remarkable goalscoring record at Wembley by netting his eighth goal in as many appearances at the national stadium. Let’s hope he adds to that tally in next month's final.

www.manutd.com