View Single Post
Old 20-08-2016, 06:39 PM   #623
alfiandrmwn
captain

Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
alfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to behold
Visit alfiandrmwn's Facebook Visit alfiandrmwn's MySpace Visit alfiandrmwn's Twitter Visit alfiandrmwn's YouTube
Default Re: Paul Labile Pogba

POGBA HAPPY TO BE BACK AT OLD TRAFFORD

Paul Pogba has admitted it was a “great moment to touch the pitch” at Old Trafford again after making his first appearance for Manchester United since returning to the club from Juventus.

The 23-year-old world-record signing started the match against Southampton on Friday night and produced an industrious performance in midfield that contributed to an entertaining 2-0 win.

There was a palpable sense of excitement inside Old Trafford with Pogba back in the team, four years after he left for Italy, and the France international appreciated every minute of it. “I enjoyed it, we won and I’m very happy for the team and myself,” Paul told MUTV after the final whistle.

“It was a great moment for me to touch the pitch, to come back here and I feel great. We had a good result so I’m happy. I didn’t know I would play 90 minutes! The coach trusted me and I felt good.”

Zlatan Ibrahimovic wrestled some of the attention off Pogba with his brace of goals, firstly with a fine first-half header and later from the penalty spot, and United now have six points in the Premier League as a result. Pogba is encouraged by the way the team is performing this season.

“We had a very good performance,” the club’s new number six continued to MUTV. “We are getting better and better. In the first 20 minutes, it was very hard for us to get in the game but after that we started to play our football and we scored the first goal. Zlatan is doing great for the team and that’s what we want, that’s why he came here so hopefully he scores again and again."

Asked if Jose Mourinho’s team can achieve great things this season, Pogba concluded: “I hope so. That’s what we want, we are United and we are used to winning. All we are looking to do is win.”

alfiandrmwn is offline   Reply With Quote