View Single Post
Old 20-05-2017, 09:19 AM   #10
Riskur
Divisi IT

Thanked 1,007 Times in 435 Posts
Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Riskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond reputeRiskur has a reputation beyond repute
Visit Riskur's Facebook Visit Riskur's Twitter
Default Re: [EPL] Manchester United vs Crystal Palace

Mitchell set for United debut

Demi Mitchell is one of the Manchester United youngsters poised to make his senior debut in Sunday's Premier League finale at home to Crystal Palace.

It caps a fine week for the 20-year-old, who was on the first-team bench against both Tottenham Hotspur and Southampton, earned a call-up to England Under-20s' Toulon tournament alongside team-mate Cameron Borthwick-Jackson, and was shortlisted for the Reserve Team Player of the Year award.

Mitchell has enjoyed a remarkable season, successfully converting from being a forward in his youth-team days to operating as an attack-minded left-back with good effect in the Reserves.

"We had a friendly against Barnsley at the Aon Training Complex and I played at left-back," he told MUTV. "It was new to me and I didn't grasp it too well, but I played wing-back against Chelsea and it helped me adjust to the position. I played there against Sparta Prague and just went on from there.

"To be fair, I think I've adjusted quite well and learned the position. I've worked on my defensive game a lot, also with Kieran McKenna - the Under-18s manager - and he's given me some pointers. I've also learned to relax a bit more in the games and enjoy myself on the pitch."

Reserves coach Nicky Butt decided to use Mitchell in the new role and has been pleased with how the youngster has worked behind the scenes to handle the defensive aspect.

"It started out of necessity, if I’m honest, as we had no left-back when Cameron Borthwick-Jackson went out on loan," said Butt recently. "So we needed a replacement and decided Demi could do it. He has got blistering pace. He’s strong, brave, can take people on and can cross a ball.

"He just needs to develop the defensive side of it now with coaching. But he’s keen to learn, which is good. I think modern-day full-backs are really attacking players and, if you can get the defensive side right as well, you've got a serious defender on your hands."

Mourinho declared Demi's likely involvement in Sunday's fixture when he said in his post-match press conference at Southampton: "I will bring Mitchell, he was on the bench. McTominay, he was on the bench. Of course, Tuanzebe and Willock will come too. Josh Harrop will come. Zachary [Dearnley] will come."

United's team to face Palace at Old Trafford will be announced first via the club's official Twitter account, @ManUtd, and in ManUtd.com's live match blog at 14:00 BST on Sunday, one hour before kick-off.

www.manutd.com