Thread: Scott McTominay
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 02:24 AM   #25
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Scott McTominay

Calon bintang masa depan United nih

MOURINHO: MCTOMINAY WAS KEY TO VICTORY

Jose Mourinho was delighted by the performance of Scott McTominay in Saturday’s win over Huddersfield Town, declaring the midfielder’s drive and desire were crucial to the 2-0 success.

McTominay made his second Premier League start of the campaign alongside Nemanja Matic, with Paul Pogba later coming off the substitutes’ bench to help see out the victory, which was secured with goals from Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez, who won the Man of the Match award on his home debut.

The decision to name McTominay in place of Pogba, in one of four changes to the side that lost to Tottenham Hotspur in midweek, was brought up at Mourinho’s post-match press conference but the manager felt the 21-year-old more than repaid that faith.

“Scott started a little bit nervously but he grew up with the game; I think he was fundamental for us in the way he gave us that desire to recover the ball," the boss said.

"I changed a few players, thinking about the characteristic of this game. The intention was not to punish anyone; to punish someone, I also need someone to punish me because we are a team. When we win, we win together and when we lose, we lose together. I always try to do the best for the team in any moment.

"Scott was a little kid who arrived here at nine years old with his mum for his first training session; 10 or 11 years after, the kid is playing in a Manchester United shirt in an important match in the Premier League at Old Trafford.

"He has a great desire to recover the ball. When the team was not in possession, he was key to chasing the ball higher up the pitch and when the team had the ball, he played always simple. And, against opponents like Huddersfield, who are so close with so many men behind the ball, simplicity sometimes is genius. If you don’t have space, you have to open spaces by playing simple.

"Paul had a great attitude when he came on, with the spaces we had at that time, because we were winning 1-0 and he could show his talent and qualities. He is one of the most talented midfield players in the world and to sit on the bench for one day is not the end of the world."

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote