View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 09:39 AM   #62
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timothy Fosu-Mensah

Manchester United defender Timothy Fosu-Mensah joins Crystal Palace on season-long loan

* Timothy Fosu-Mensah is highly rated by Manchester United's hierarchy
* He has moved to Crystal Palace on loan in order to gain first-team experience
* Fosu-Mensah is reunited with former Ajax boss Frank de Boer at Selhurst Park
* The 19-year-old can play across the defence in Palace's 3-4-3 formation

Manchester United defender Timothy Fosu-Mensah is looking to repay the faith shown in him by Frank de Boer after completing a season-long loan move to Crystal Palace on Thursday.

The full-back has been allowed to depart for the capital in order to gain first-team experience at Selhurst Park. He will wear the No 24 shirt and the defender was attracted by the project under De Boer having held talks.

Fosu-Mensah told Palace's official website: 'The manager spoke to me about coming down to join Crystal Palace and it was clear that he wanted me to be part of his squad which as a player gives you a great feeling straight away.

Manchester United defender Timothy Fosu-Mensah joins Crystal Palace on season-long loan

Fosu-Mensah will work under Frank de Boer - who coached him at Ajax during his youth career

'I must now repay that back by putting in some good performances for the club. I am only 19 years old and still have a lot to learn and therefore getting the opportunity to play more games on a regular basis will help my development.'

Frank de Boer was aware of the need for defensive reinforcements and did have a tentative interest in Daley Blind and is delighted to be reunited with his fellow former Ajax man, adding: 'Timothy is a player who has great pace and incredible physical ability.

'In today's game you need players with strength and speed and is a player who can also play in midfield. I am seeing him in our system as a right centre back but he can also play full back in a 4-3-3.'

The 19-year-old Dutchman will work under his compatriot in the Premier League, and it is likely he will compete with Joel Ward and Martin Kelly on the right side of defence.

The signing of Fosu-Mensah will be seen as a coup given his rising stock at Old Trafford, where he graduated from the academy and made his senior debut under Louis van Gaal in February 2016.

Jose Mourinho felt the player - who recently signed a new contract at United - needs to gain maturity by playing on a weekly basis, and he told the club's website: 'Tim is a young player with great potential. I am delighted at the progress he has made so far and it is clear to see that he is learning every day.'

He can play wide but De Boer may also use Fosu-Mensah centrally if Palace operate with three at the back.

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4779068/Man-Utd-defender-Timothy-Fosu-Mensah-joins-Crystal-Palace.html
reunian deh ama de Boer, semoga makin matang di Palace