View Single Post
Old 20-07-2020, 10:52 AM   #8
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [FAC] Manchester United 1 vs 3 Chelsea

'I think Ole picked the wrong team and the wrong system': Club legend Phil Neville blasts Manchester United display and says Solskjaer made a big tactical error during abject FA Cup semi-final Chelsea loss

* Phil Neville has blasted Manchester United after 3-1 FA Cup defeat by Chelsea
* Neville said that boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer got his tactics and line-up wrong
* The former United man also expressed his worry for David de Gea after blunder

Phil Neville blasted Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's team selection after their 3-1 defeat by Chelsea in the FA Cup semi-final.

United, who were on a 19-match unbeaten streak before the match, struggled for creativity as Olivier Giroud and Mason Mount fired the Blues into a 2-0 lead before a Harry Maguire own goal sealed Chelsea's place in the FA Cup final against Arsenal.

Solskjaer made numerous changes to his line-up on Sunday with Anthony Martial and Paul Pogba notably dropped to the bench.

And Neville, who recently left his post as England women's manager, believes the Red Devils got their tactics wrong as they were out-played by Chelsea.

Phil Neville said Ole Gunnar Solskjaer had his tactics and line-up wrong for the Wembley clash. Neville slammed Manchester United after their 3-1 defeat against Chelsea in FA Cup semi-final. Neville also warned of David de Gea's form after his blunder and said he is 'worried' for them

'I don't think United had a player on the pitch, maybe [Bruno] Fernandes, that played well,' the former Manchester United player explained.

'I think Ole picked the wrong team and the wrong system.'

United goalkeeper David de Gea came under more fire after a blunder early in the second half saw Chelsea extend their lead as the Spaniard failed to get a strong enough hand on Mason Mount's effort.

Speaking on the goalkeeper, who has been struggling lately, Neville said: 'He's unrecognisable from the player that won player of the year awards.

If I was Solskjaer I'd be worried. His credentials are still up there with the best in the world but he's lost all his confidence.'

Former Chelsea defender Ashley Cole agreed with Neville, as he also said that de Gea's recent performances are cause for concern.

'De Gea keeps making the same mistakes, so that will be a concern.'

Manchester United still have a chance to reach the top four in the Premier League with two matches remaining against West Ham United and Leicester City.

The Europe League is now the club's only chance of silverware this season with Solskjaer's side facing LASK in the second leg of their R

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8539019/Phil-Neville-blasts-Manchester-United-display-abject-FA-Cup-semi-final-Chelsea-loss.html