View Single Post
Old 21-04-2016, 12:11 PM   #26
penk22_
Divisi IT

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter
Default Re: [EPL] Manchester United 2-0 Crystal Palace

Louis van Gaal's press conference

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal addressed the media after Wednesday's 2-0 victory over Crystal Palace at Old Trafford.

As well as reflecting on the win over the Eagles, the boss spoke of the qualities of Wayne Rooney and Marcus Rashford and finding a way to play them both in the starting XI.

"Today it was more of a midfield role [for Rooney] because of the way Crystal Palace was playing and because I didn’t want to change [Marcus] Rashford from that position, so we have to look for another position for Wayne. I did it last year also, it is not something new for him and I am very happy with the way he performed.”

On the game itself, the boss added: “I have told my players after the match that it was a good game. The only remark was that we didn’t score too many goals, because it was a match [that could have been] 5-0, I think. I’m pleased with the way we played, we have created a lot of chances.

“I wanted three points because that is the most important thing. We have to close the gap and we have to win – that I have said to my players in advance of this match. We had to win, and we’ve done that.”

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Apr/Video-manager-reaction-Louis-van-Gaal-reflects-on-win-over-Palace-and-discusses-rooney-and-rashford.aspx