View Single Post
Old 17-02-2021, 08:37 AM   #317
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer ~ 20Legend

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is STILL waiting to open talks with Manchester United over a new contract with his current deal set to expire at the end of next season

* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admitted he is yet to hold talks over a contract extension
* The Manchester United manager's current deal expires in the summer of 2022
* The Norwegian said he is not looking past that date and focussing on stability

Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has admitted he is yet to hold talks with the club over extending his current contract, which expires next summer.

The Norwegian was handed a three-year deal in 2019 after impressing on an interim basis after taking over from Jose Mourinho in December 2018.

There have been highs and lows in the 127 games he has managed in that time but Solskjaer, 47, has United fighting on multiple fronts for silverware in an encouraging 2020-21 season so far.

But despite the progress made this campaign, Solskjaer revealed he is not looking beyond his contract expiry in 2022 with talks over an extension yet to be discussed.

When asked about his future, Solskjaer told VG: 'I have not thought about that, and we have not discussed it at all. I am just focusing on doing my job and part of the job is to stabilise things.

'We have a job to do in order to find consistency on the pitch. Outside the pitch it is still a crisis if you lose a game.

'If you concede a goal in stoppage time against Everton, it still creates big headlines. That can happen in football.

'But on the inside it is more stable. We feel like we are on our way towards what we sat down and discussed, what we planned.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has admitted he is still waiting to open talks over a contract extension. The manager's current contract is set to expire in the summer of 2022. After struggles, Solskjaer has United fighting on multiple fronts for silverware this season

'I know that there has been a lot of criticism and discussions about one thing or another, but if you first set a course, then I at least have so much faith in myself that I do not waver too much.'

United appeared to be serious contenders for the title earlier this season after a 13-match unbeaten run in the league but a recent slump of just one win in five now leaves them seven points behind leaders Manchester City having played a game more.

Solskjaer has refused to concede the title yet, though, and they are also in the FA Cup quarter-finals and Europa League round of 32 as he looks to win his first piece of silverware as manager.

United travel to Turin to face Real Sociedad in the first leg of their Europa League tie on Thursday night. The game has been moved to Italy due to Covid-19 restrictions.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9265011/Manchester-United-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-admits-waiting-open-talks-new-contract.html