Thread: James Wilson
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 09:43 PM   #16
rondwisan

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter
Default Re: James Wilson

06/05/2014 22:44 - ManUtd.com, Tim Oscroft
Wilson intends to kick on

James Wilson aims to take his Manchester United career to the next level following his two-goal debut at a packed Old Trafford.

The 18-year-old’s pair of strikes went a long way to helping the Reds to a 3-1 win over Hull City, but it was a far cry from his last outing at the stadium, an Under-21 game against Norwich last month.

Wilson showed no nerves in front of a packed Theatre of Dreams, putting United two ahead with a pair of clinical finishes, each following up on set-up work from Marouane Fellaini.

“It was a great feeling, you can’t compare it to anything else,” Wilson told MUTV. ”The first goal was just sheer euphoria and then the second was just a great experience. The ground is a lot different without 75,000 people, but just to play here even in front of a small crowd for the Under-21s is still a great experience to play on such a ground. With all the fans here tonight it was even better.”

Wilson came close to an appearance a month ago, having been on the bench for the win over Newcastle, but having now made his bow, is convinced he can cope with the demands of top-flight football after representing the Under-18s, Under-19s and Under-21s this term.

“I feel like I can deal with the physicality and pace of the game. I just need to try to get as many games as possible under my belt for the experience. If you’re getting on in the club, you have to be progressing so obviously scoring for every age group is a good sign. I’ve got where I am now but I have to kick on.” *
rondwisan is offline   Reply With Quote