View Single Post
Old 23-02-2016, 10:25 PM   #44
penk22_
Divisi IT

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter
Default Re: [FA Cup] Shrewsbury Town vs Manchester United

Van Gaal reflects on FA Cup victory

Overview
"I am satisfied. I have to say that the first 70 minutes we were controlling the game and won every second ball and played very good. We kept the ball also and scored goals – we could have scored more I think. After the 70 minutes, with 10 men [when Will Keane was injured], it was more difficult, but I have seen phases where we kept the ball very easily, so I was very pleased with the performance of the players."

Learning
"I was very happy for the players [to get the two first-half goals] because they were so committed to win. We had a lot of luck with the goal from [Chris] Smalling, but the second was fantastic that we could score out of a free-kick - we have learned that from Midtjylland. We have seen that Midtjylland was taking the free-kicks this way and before the match we asked the referees in Denmark if they allowed that and they said ‘yeah, we have to allow it.’ I think it is offside, but okay, they are admitting it is not. In my opinion it is in the rules that you cannot disturb the views of the goalkeeper, but then you are having referees that are saying ‘no, it is not like that’. So, we applied it and it was a goal - not bad!"

The next game
"Yes, of course [it is a big game against Midtjylland], it is our chance to qualify [for the Champions League]. We have to win a lot of games then, but still it is a chance to qualify and that is why it is so important. We have to play continuously, so we don’t have any rest and you have to recover. We take things day-by-day, which is always the case in sport because you can win or lose."

Injury list

"It is unbelievable because [in addition to the substitutes] I have taken [Cameron] Borthwick-Jackson off because he was injured. [Jesse] Lingard was also struggling at the end. I changed [Juan] Mata and [Anthony] Martial to give them rest and then the substitutes are more or less again injured, so it is unbelievable – it is the programme I think. I don’t know [about David De Gea], it is not so heavy but we have to wait and see when we can start him again."

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Feb/manager-reaction-louis-van-gaal-reflects-on-shrewsbury-town-vs-manchester-united-in-the-fa-cup.aspx