Thread: Gary Neville
View Single Post
Old 26-11-2019, 08:26 AM   #617
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gary Neville

'They haven't got the maturity... Ole must DEMAND signings or he won't be around': Gary Neville calls on Solskjaer to be 'selfish' and force Manchester United to spend on experienced players in the January transfer window - or face the SACK

* Gary Neville insists Ole Gunnar Solskjaer must use the January transfer window
* The former right-back believes Manchester United lack experience on the field
* Neville has also called on Solskjaer to be 'ruthless' and 'selfish' in January
* United came from behind but conceded late in their 3-3 draw at Sheffield United

Gary Neville has called on his former Manchester United teammate Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to demand Ed Woodward spends money in the January transfer window - or risk losing his job before he sees the impact of what he has put into the club on the field.

Three goals in seven minutes did little to silence the critics who pointed to another lacklustre performance from United in their 3-3 draw with Sheffield United, who salvaged a draw thanks to Oli McBurnie's 90th minute equaliser.

Neville believes that the performance was another example of Solskjaer's men lacking maturity and experience and can only be rectified by dipping into the market when it reopens in January.

Gary Neville has said Ole Gunnar Solskjaer must strengthen Manchester United in January. Neville believes the current inexperience in the United squad is costing the side dearly. He has called on Solskjaer to demand that Ed Woodward splashes the cash in January

'I can expect inconsistency from young players, but what you can't expect is inconsistency from work ethic and attitude,' Neville said on Sky Sports Monday Night Football.

'They haven't got the leaders and the people around them that set the standard. [Juan] Mata is on the bench, [Paul] Pogba's injured, [Nemanja] Matic is looking to get away. They're all out on that pitch, young together.

'They don't know how to approach a Premier League away game, they haven't got the experience or the maturity.

'He [Solskjaer] must demand it [money to spend]. He's not going to be around to see the fruits of their labour.'

However, Neville also believes that Manchester United's problems against Sheffield United ran deeper than just inexperience, with the midfield and forward line of Marcus Rashford, Anthony Martial and Daniel James drawing particular criticism from the former England right-back.

'I think I was just disappointed with their approach to away performances this season. The midfield I'm not going to go into, because that's not a midfield. What disappointed me most was the lack of penetration and lack of runs, with or without the ball, from the front three.

'You're away from home and you've got to earn the right to play. That front three are the spark, they're the ones who can win the game for their team. The reaction when they give the ball away is a joke.

'The reason I'm so unforgiving of them is because the front three for [Manchester] City and Liverpool are absolutely outstanding and fight for every ball.

'Rashford, Martial and James, they're not bad lads. But there's something fundamentally wrong there, in that first 70 minutes, that can't happen at that club.'

The draw at Bramall Lane, despite United's fightback, did once again crank the pressure up on Solskjaer, who has been under pressure for most of the season.

Neville is also not surprised to see Mauricio Pochettino linked as a potential future manager

Mauricio Pochettino is the latest manager to have been sacked, and Neville is not surprised to see the former Tottenham manager being touted as a possible replacement for the Norwegian.

'It was the most predictable thing [Pochettino links to United]. When [Louis] van Gaal was sacked, I said Pochettino should have been appointed ahead of Jose Mourinho.

'But Ole's going to have to be selfish. He's going to have to have a ruthless streak and protect himself in the January transfer window. Who knows what they (youngsters) could become for the club?'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7724503/Gary-Neville-calls-Solskjaer-spend-claims-not-Manchester-United-long.html