View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 01:13 PM   #16
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [EPL] Manchester United vs Hull City

Wayne Rooney ruled out... but Ryan Giggs could pick himself for emotional farewells in Man United's last home game against Hull

* Rooney will not be risked against Hull as he recovers from a groin strain
* Roy Hodgson announces his provisional England squad in six days
* Ryan Giggs may pick himself for United's final home game of the season
* Nemanja Vidic and Patrice Evra will likely be making the last appearances at Old Trafford
* Hull boss Steve Bruce reckons United would be foolish to let Giggs leave

Wayne Rooney is set to miss Manchester United’s final home game against Hull City at Old Trafford on Tuesday as the England striker continues to nurse a groin strain ahead of the World Cup.

Although Rooney did some light training in the gym over the weekend, after sitting out the defeat by Sunderland, he is taking no chances just six days before Roy Hodgson names his provisional squad for Brazil.

It promises to be an emotional night, with United captain Nemanja Vidic making a farewell appearance at Old Trafford before he joins Inter Milan on a free transfer — and interim boss Ryan Giggs is believed to be considering the option of naming himself in the squad.

Not risking it! Injured Wayne Rooney will not play against Hull with the World Cup beckoning

A number of other United stars could also be playing there for the last time, including Patrice Evra. Like Vidic, the Frenchman will be out of contract at the end of the season more than eight years after they joined the club at the same time in January 2006, from Spartak Moscow and Monaco respectively.

The pair have since won five Premier League titles, the Champions League and three League Cups together, but Evra and the man he calls ‘The Rock’ could not have got off to a worse start.

‘I’m really sad because when I speak about Nemanja it’s like I’m speaking about myself because we joined the club together,’ said Evra.

‘Our first game was for the reserves and it was so hard. Rene (Meulensteen) was the manager and he took us both out of the match.

‘We were talking together in the dressing room and saying, “Oh my god, why have we come to Manchester United? We should go back to our clubs quickly!”

Emotional farewells: Nemanja Vidic (L) and Patrice Evra (R) arrived at the same time and could leave together

‘It was a difficult moment but we stuck together. We were in the same hotel, we went into training together, we won the same trophies. I’m really sad to lose The Rock.’

Although 40-year-old Giggs’s future at Old Trafford is unclear, Hull manager Steve Bruce believes United would be foolish not to offer him a significant role when Louis van Gaal takes over as manager.

Bruce, a former team-mate of Giggs at United, even joked that he’s got a job at Hull if he finds himself out of work in the summer.

Bruce said: ‘There’s always going to be a place for Ryan because he’s been a great. They’ll find a space for him somewhere.

‘I don’t think he’ll leave. If not, he can come and see out his days at the KC in the Europa League. If he’s available on a free, I’d take him.’

With Premier League safety sealed, Bruce plans to make several changes to his team tonight as he plans for the FA Cup final on Saturday week.

Bruce added: ‘There’s five or six who pick themselves, really, but nothing’s a given.’

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2621038/Wayne-Rooney-ruled-Ryan-Giggs-pick-emotional-farewells-Man-Uniteds-home-game-against-Hull.html