View Single Post
Old 02-04-2016, 09:55 PM   #27
penk22_
Divisi IT

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter
Default Re: [EPL] Manchester United vs Everton

SCHNEIDERLIN UP FOR TOFFEES TASK

Morgan Schneiderlin, speaking to MUTV, believes beating Everton will be a tough task, as the Toffees have only lost once away from home all season.

Manchester United host Everton on Sunday, looking to make it two wins on the bounce in the league after the 1-0 derby triumph against Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium.

The reverse fixture perhaps yielded United’s best performance of the season, with Louis van Gaal's men winning 3-0 at Goodison Park, back in October; Schneiderlin was among the scorers that day as he netted his first Reds goal.

Having only lost at Arsenal in the league this term, however, the visit of Everton represents a difficult task for van Gaal’s side, and Schneiderlin knows it will be up to United to break down a resolute Toffees defence.

“Since Roberto Martinez came, they have been a possession team, they have a lot of possession and have some very good players," he said. "Some fast players, some strong players, some technical players, they have a mix of everything.

“This season, at home they didn’t get many wins, which is strange because Goodison Park has always been a difficult place to go, but they have been good on the road, they’ve lost just once, so it's going to be more challenging because we know they are more comfortable away from home. It's going to be up to us to capitalise on any weaknesses.”

Results permitting, a win could see United move into a much coveted Champions League spot, after been absent from the top four since December’s defeat away to Bournemouth. Schneiderlin insists every game is important and the squad will be treating this game accordingly.

“For us, it’s always the same, every team wants to come to Old Trafford and they want to win, it's one of their games of the season," he said. “So for us, this match is not going to be different to any others. Maybe Everton's players feel more comfortable away from home, so we have to try to make it a difficult afternoon for them.”

His maiden strike at Goodison was the Frenchman’s last competitive goal and, as a result, he is still yet to score in front of a full house at Old Trafford. Despite not being renowned as a goalscoring midfielder, Schneiderlin is hungry to get on the mark again, and believes he has a lot more to show United supporters.

“I have my fingers crossed that I will score my first Old Trafford goal as soon as possible," he added. "I’ve had a few chances in the last couple of games, but I need to capitalise on one and I’m going to try to score at Old Trafford as soon as I can.

“When I first came, I had big expectations, of course, I wanted to play for the title and I wanted to, straight away, have a big impact on everything.

“Since the weeks have gone on in the season, I’ve felt better and better and, of course, I know I have plenty more to show to everyone and plenty more in my locker. I know I will do it because I'm confident of my abilities.”

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Apr/morgan-schneiderlin-previews-everton-encounter.aspx