View Single Post
Old 24-07-2017, 09:45 AM   #7
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: [2017 Pre Season] Real Madrid vs Manchester United

MOURINHO'S VIEWS ON WIN AND HERRERA INJURY

Jose Mourinho spoke to MUTV and to journalists at his post-match press conference as he reflected on Manchester United's penalty shoot-out victory over Real Madrid at Levi's Stadium...

IMPRESSIVE FIRST HALF

"Good training [for us]. It was a very good first half against a top Real side. I think we lost motivation to play against their young players. We lost intensity, we lost appetite. I think the boys who played in the second half, they were disappointed not to play against Real Madrid's best players and best team. The second half was not good but overall I am happy again."

STAYING HOPEFUL FOR HERRERA

"I just feel sorry for one more injury which I hope is not important. For Ander to come off after 10 minutes, it has to be painful. But sometimes painful doesn't mean there is a real problem, so let's wait."

STRANGE SHOOT-OUT

"Yeah, three out of 10 [were scored]. But it's pre-season and to be honest, I didn't choose my best penalty-takers."

MARTIAL'S CONFIDENCE GROWING

"Obviously we want more consistency in his talent. I think today was positive for him, that is why I left him for 90 minutes on the pitch. He was enjoying it, he was trying new things, and it is important in these friendly matches to try new things, which he did. That is important for his confidence. Young players still need time to learn and time to improve. It is also his personality. I can say that he is training better than before, he is working harder than before, his ambition is to try to bring his talent in a consistent way."

PRAISE FOR ZIDANE'S SUCCESS

"It is no surprise. It is a great period for Real Madrid to win so many titles, they have amazing individual quality and an amazing relationship with the ball. You cannot argue with that. In terms of their individual relationship with the ball the quality is absolutely amazing."

A PERFECT PRE-SEASON

"It is not a concern [to have a post-match flight again]. For us there is not a lot of travel. We have organised the pre-season so we are based in LA for 11 days, which is fantastic. We are always in the same hotel, the same training ground. The flights are quite short flights. Now we are on our way back home. We are here and now we go to DC, which is halfway home almost. In terms of jet lag it is halfway home. These next three days in DC are not a problem. After that we have two more matches to play in Norway and Ireland, travelling on the same day with short flights. I am really happy with our pre-season. If Mata and Ander are not long-term problems then I would say it is perfect."

www.manutd.com