Thread: Jesse Lingard
View Single Post
Old 28-07-2020, 09:59 AM   #278
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jesse Lingard

'Jesse deserved his goal... it was for all the comments everyone is saying about him': Bruno Fernandes hits out at Lingard critics in defence of under-fire Manchester United team-mate

* Bruno Fernandes has praised his Manchester United team-mate Jesse Lingard
* The England international netted the second goal in the win over Leicester City
* Lingard's goal ended a long Premier League goal drought with Sunday's strike
* Fernandes has lauded Lingard's hard work and hit out at his critics

Bruno Fernandes has praised his Manchester United team-mate Jesse Lingard before hitting out at the 27-year-old's critics after his crucial goal in the win over Leicester City.

Lingard was introduced from the bench and capitalised on an error from Kasper Schmeichel to give United a two-goal advantage over their top four rivals to book their place in the Champions League next season.

The England international's strike was his first of the season, and his inability to score in the Premier League this campaign has lead to plenty of criticism of his performances for United.

And Fernandes, whose January arrival has inspired United to claim a place in the top four, has hit out at his team-mate's critics, as well as praising Lingard's work ethic.

Bruno Fernandes has praised Manchester United team-mate Jesse Lingard after his goal. The 27-year-old ended his Premier League goal drought with United's second at Leicester City

'Of course it's a mistake from the keeper also but if Jesse doesn't go there the goal doesn't come so it's for this we work,' the Portuguese told MUTV.

'For me Jesse deserved this goal because for what he works all week, for all the comments everyone is saying about him and other players because they don't play too much or they don't play good enough.

'I think this is the reason Jesse scored because we're training hard, training hard to help all the team.

Fernandes praised Lingard for his hard work in training with United's other squad players

'With him, Juan [Mata], Andreas [Pereira], Odion [Ighalo], the guys who can be at the front to score but also the defenders they push the guys who are playing to be at a higher level.'

Fernandes also got on the scoresheet, scoring his penalty to give United an important second half lead. Asked whether that was his most important goal for United, he said: 'No, I think the most important one will be the next.

'I'm always thinking about the next one. I'm happy, all goals are important in different ways.

'It was important for us and for me to score this goal because it gives us the chance to be more calm in the game.'

Fernandes has scored eight goals and provided seven assists in his 14 Premier League appearances for the club.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8565241/Bruno-Fernandes-hits-Lingard-critics-defence-fire-Manchester-United-team-mate.html