Thread: Bryan Robson
View Single Post
Old 14-07-2010, 05:22 PM   #19
drivemein
first team

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
drivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nice
Default Re: Bryan Robson

Bryan Robson wants to see a goalscoring midfielder at Manchester United
-goal.com-

Legend would like a 'Gerrard or Lampard' type at Old Trafford...

Former Manchester United midfielder Bryan Robson is keen to see Sir Alex Ferguson add a few more new players to his squad before the beginning of the new Premier League season.

Robson in particular would like to see more goalscoring threat added to the Red Devils' midfield.

“Personally, I'd like to see the boss sign another couple of players," Robson, who is with the club on their pre-season tour of North America in his role as an ambassador, told United's official website.

"It would be great if we could bring in a goalscoring midfielder. You look at the likes of [Steven] Gerrard and [Frank] Lampard, who contribute so many goals from midfield, and I think that's an area we need to improve on.

“Also, having lost [Cristiano] Ronaldo and [Carlos] Tevez last year I think one more striker would be a good addition as well, although [Javier] Hernandez certainly looked promising at the World Cup.

"He didn't get a lot of time on the pitch, but he showed good movement, nice touches and clearly has an eye for goal.”

The former England midfielder also insists that the United players will be keener than ever to begin the season and attempt to wrest the Premier League title back from Chelsea.

"After losing out in the big competitions the lads will be more determined than ever this time round," he added.

"It's a long summer when you've lost two big trophies and they’ll be desperate to get going again."
drivemein is offline   Reply With Quote