View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 01:48 PM   #9
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: [UCL] Manchester United vs FC Basel

Jose Mourinho irritated with Belgium's use of injured Marouane Fellaini but Manchester United midfielder will face Basle if possible because he is 'more important than you can imagine'

* Man United boss Jose Mourinho is annoyed with Belgium over Marouane Fellaini
* Mourinho has claimed Belgium played Fellaini despite knowing he was injured
* The midfielder subsequently missed United's 2-2 draw at Stoke City on Saturday
* Fellaini took part in United's training session on Monday ahead of the Basle game
* But Mourinho will select Fellaini if possible because he 'feels weak' without him

An irritated Jose Mourinho revealed Marouane Fellaini played with an injury while on international duty.

The Manchester United boss, who claimed he 'feels weak' without the central midfielder, said Fellaini remains a doubt for the Champions League clash against Basle.

The Belgian had picked up a problem in his calf before last Monday's victory against Greece but Roberto Martinez selected him anyway - he was able to take part in training with the rest of the United squad on Monday.

'Fellaini didn't train yesterday (Sunday)', Mourinho said on Monday afternoon. 'He's a very important player for me. Much more important than you can imagine.

'I feel weaker without Fellaini in my squad. It doesn't matter if he's on the pitch or bench. So if his condition improves he'll be selected.

'He had a problem in the national team and then he played the match against Greece. After the match he felt a problem.'

Fellaini missed Saturday's draw at Stoke, a match Mourinho insisted he needed him for.

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho is displeased with Belgium's use of Marouane Fellaini.Mourinho said central midfielder Fellaini was 'more important than you can imagine'. Mourinho has accused Belgium of playing Fellaini against Greece despite him being injured

Victor Lindelof and Chris Smalling will start at Old Trafford and Mourinho added that Eric Bailly and Phil Jones should be wary of the former.

'It's not an opportunity, it's just normal,' Mourinho said. 'I don't think Bailly and Jones are better than them. They are different players at the same level.

'If they weren't suspended I'd probably play Lindelof and Smalling. It's just options. We were playing one match per week. For me it's exactly the same.

'It's easier for him (Lindelof) to play Champions League games. It's more comparable to the Portuguese style in that league.

'He's an intelligent kid. Very bright, very calm. He knows step by step he's going to be there.

'I'm more than confident. He's a very good player with very good potential. There are reasons for Bailly and Jones to be worried because he's a very good player.'

The ex-Everton midfielder had featured in all three of United's earlier Premier League games. Mourinho has said that he 'feels week' when 6ft 4in Fellaini is not available to play for United. The Portuguese has refused to rule out Fellaini making a comeback against Basle on Tuesday

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4872956/Jose-Mourinho-irritated-Belgium-Fellaini-injury.html