View Single Post
Old 21-09-2017, 07:20 AM   #13
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: [EPL] Manchester United vs Burton Albion

MOURINHO REACTS TO CARABAO CUP SUCCESS

Jose Mourinho was satisfied with his team's progress as Manchester United began the defence of the Carabao Cup with a comfortable 4-1 victory over Burton Albion.

Two goals from Marcus Rashford, a deflected Jesse Lingard strike and a composed finish from Anthony Martial ensured the holders set up a fourth-round tie against fellow Premier League side Swansea City next month.

Here's what the boss had to say as he gave his reaction to the win over the Brewers in interviews with Sky Sports and MUTV…

HAPPY WITH MARTIAL

“Anthony Martial wanted to do things – some he did amazingly well, others not so well, but he was always trying and that commitment and happiness on the pitch is always important.”

IMPORTANT TO RESPECT LEAGUE CUP
“If the competition is an official competition then it is important for Manchester United and for me as a manager. If you ask me could the English football survive or even be better without this competition? Maybe, maybe we would be fresher for European competition for example. But we have this competition, we have to respect the sponsors, we have to respect the opponents and a lot of us are trying to do our best.”

A PROFESSIONAL JOB
“We did our job. Not a phenomenal performance but a solid performance. Since the beginning, we played in a serious way. The players, many of them, needed 90 minutes to play because many of them were not playing a lot during the season. I think we did our job professionally.”

COMMITMENT THE MOST PLEASING FACTOR
“What pleased me the most was the commitment. They took it in a serious way. While the result was open, until we were 2-0 or 3-0 up, they forced the game, they wanted to kill the game. They wanted to be in the next draw. That professionalism and commitment is a very important thing.”

www.manutd.com