View Single Post
Old 28-09-2017, 06:43 AM   #18
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: [UCL] CSKA Moscow vs Manchester United

MOURINHO'S VERDICT ON MOSCOW TRIUMPH

Jose Mourinho was pleased with his team's application as Manchester United eased past CSKA Moscow to continue an impressive start to the UEFA Champions League campaign.

The rampant Reds hit four goals for the fifth time already this term as Romelu Lukaku scored twice to reach double figures for the club, Anthony Martial netted a penalty and Henrikh Mkhitaryan was also on target in a dominant 4-1 win in the Russian capital.

United sit top of Group A with two wins from two, much to the delight of the boss. Here's what he had to say in an interview with BT Sport and his post-match press conference...

WE MADE IT LOOK EASY
“I think we made it look easy. We started so strongly, I think we surprised them with our attitude and we were really strong. We killed the game. They didn’t look as good as they are, but I think because of us.”

UNEXPECTED BUT REALLY GOOD
"It was unexpected, 3-0 at half-time was unexpected. But we started strongly, we were really strong, we pressed them, we recovered the ball and our counter-attack was always fast and dangerous. In the first 30 minutes we had four shots, three goals and the goalkeeper made a phenomenal save from Mkhitaryan's first-post shot. So we started really strongly and by winning 3-0 we had the game in our hands. [Then] it was just control, so it was really good."

RED ROM IN FINE FORM
“He’s having a great record. We know that he’s a very good player, he can score lots of goals and playing in a team surrounded by quality players, [it is] even easier to do that. But I have to admit that he’s scoring really important goals and almost every game. For me, the important thing is not that [how much he costs] but the important thing is two matches, six points and a good position in the Champions League. Four more matches to play but we start really strongly and we are almost there.”

MARTIAL CATCHES THE EYE
“Yes, he is understanding and appreciating what I want. I think the game also adapted to his qualities, the way we played adapted to his qualities too. He had lots of freedom and lots of support, lots of quality around him too and I’m happy.”

RELAXATION WAS NORMAL
“I didn’t see that [PlayStation football] as much, just a little bit of relaxation, a reaction by the home team with the normal pride to try to score, to try to have a different result and we just relaxed a little bit. We had a couple of good chances but I think it’s normal. We have a game on Saturday. Liverpool are luckier than us, they play Tuesday and Sunday, we have to play on Wednesday and on Saturday at 3pm. So I think it’s normal, a little bit of relaxation.”

www.manutd.com