Thread: Marcus Rashford
View Single Post
Old 17-01-2020, 08:47 AM   #322
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marcus Rashford

'I don't think he knows the process of being a substitute': Paul Ince believes Marcus Rashford was not ready to come on against Wolves before the Manchester United striker injured his back 16 minutes later

* Marcus Rashford injured his back after coming on as a substitute on Wednesday
* The Manchester United striker is now touch-and-go for Liverpool on Sunday
* Former United midfielder Paul Ince says Rashford wasn't ready to come on

Former Manchester United midfielder Paul Ince suggested Marcus Rashford did not know 'the process of being a substitute' after Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's gamble backfired on Wednesday night.

Rashford injured his back 16 minutes after coming on in the second-half of United's 1-0 win against Wolves in the FA Cup at Old Trafford.

With his fitness for the trip to Liverpool on Sunday now in doubt, Ince told BT Sport after the game: 'He's more or less started every game. I don't think he's used to being a substitute.

Marcus Rashford injured his back 16 minutes after coming on against Wolves on Wednesday. The fitness of United's top scorer for Sunday's trip to rivals Liverpool is now up in the air

'I don't think he knows the process of being a substitute… how vigorously you warm up, do the right things.

'Do you think you're going to get on the pitch? So it's kind of a mindset where you think 'well hopefully I'm not going to get on'.

'All of a sudden he's thrust into the action because they need a goal.

'He is a talisman, he is the main man, and 16 minutes down he's getting dragged off again with a bad back - hopefully he'll be OK for the Liverpool game.'

United manager Solskjaer admitted afterwards that the gamble to bring Rashford on, as the Red Devils searched for a goal, 'backfired'.

The home side did progress in the FA Cup though, courtesy of Juan Mata's winner. They will play either Watford and Tranmere in the fourth round.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7894669/Paul-Ince-believes-Marcus-Rashford-not-ready-enter-proceedings-against-Wolves.html