View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 03:37 PM   #2
sir_otz
first team

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
sir_otz is just really nicesir_otz is just really nicesir_otz is just really nicesir_otz is just really nicesir_otz is just really nice

Default [Friendly] Man Utd vs Juventus - Gary Nev testimonial

08/04/2011 08:30, Report by G.Thompson
Gary Neville granted testimonial

Gary Neville will play one final game at Old Trafford next month when he steps out for his testimonial against Italian giants Juventus.

The former Manchester United captain announced his retirement from the game in February after making more than 600 appearance for his boyhood club and winning numerous honours.

In celebration of Neville's illustrious career, Old Trafford will play host to a friendly clash with Juventus on Tuesday 24 May. And the Reds legend says he's already relishing the opportunity.

"I'm delighted to be given this game by the club," Gary said.

"It's going to be a very emotional night for me, especially as I pull on that red shirt once more in what will be my last game for the club. I intend to savour every moment and I hope the fans can share in my special night."

Reds boss Sir Alex Ferguson is very much looking forward to the occasion, adding: "Gary has been a loyal servant of Manchester United and this is a fitting tribute to honour Gary and his career.

"It also gives fans the opportunity to show admiration and appreciation for a player who's very much one of them. We've had many great games against Juventus in the past and I'm sure this will be another memorable night."

United chief executive David Gill is in full agreement. "It will be a great occasion to be enjoyed by all. Gary is one of Manchester United’s true professionals and we look forward to hosting Juventus in celebration of a career that has spanned more than 20 years."

Gary confirmed he will use proceeds from the testimonial to support sustainable projects within the community, while he also has plans for supporter initiatives at home and abroad. More information on this will follow in due course.

Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Club-News/2011/Apr/Neville-testimonial-announced.aspx?pageNo=1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.