View Single Post
Old 29-04-2010, 06:59 PM   #25
drivemein
first team

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
drivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nice
Default Re: [EPL] Sunderland vs Man Utd

Campbell relishing Man Utd challenge
-sunderlandecho.com-

Fraizer Campbell says he is looking forward to the "game of the season" when former club Manchester United come to the Stadium of Light.
The ex-Red Devil has every chance of being in the starting line-up after an excellent run of form in recent weeks.

And the 22-year-old – scorer of four goals in the last nine games – says the match has the makings of an absolute cracker.

He said "I've played for three other teams in my career – Manchester United, Tottenham Hotspur and Hull City – and it is one of those things that happen in football that Sunderland are playing all three in the space of a month.

"But the match I've been looking forward to more than the other two combined, is the match against Manchester United.

"For me, it will be the game of the season because I think there will be a fantastic atmosphere, we'll have a chance of getting something from the game and hopefully I can contribute to a good performance."

Campbell still has real affection for the current league title holders but knows that anything other than a Manchester United victory is likely to be fatal in the champions' hopes of retaining the title.

He said: "I'd like them to win the league – I've still got a lot of friends there – but I am a Sunderland player and I want us to win the game this weekend.

"I don't see why we can't do that. Although it will be a massive challenge for us, there are a few things on our side.

"We've tended to do well against the top teams this season and we came within seconds of getting a win against United at their place earlier in the season.

"Then there is the fact that we are at home and our home form this season has been really good.

"And on top of that, we have been in good form recently – over the last few games we are right up there with the best teams in the Premier League.

"So we have everything to play for this weekend and it should be a cracking game.

"United will come for the win but we are after points too and, if nothing else, it should be a great game for the fans. I expect the match will probably be a sell-out and the atmosphere should be absolutely brilliant."