Thread: Tahith Chong
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 05:11 PM   #4
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Tahith Chong

Pemain muda United ini sudah beberapa kali mendapat perhatian karena permainannya yang dianggap impresif. Mungkin sudah waktunya dibuat thread tentang pemain berambut khas ini, hehe..

TAHITH CHONG

With his shaggy hair and athletic nature, Tahith Chong cuts an imposing figure and his proposed move to Manchester United certainly got everybody talking about the Dutch youngster.

The deal to sign the Feyenoord youngster, rated one of his country's hottest prospects, was finalised on 27 July 2016 as he received international clearance in order to represent the Reds.

The Netherlands Under-17 international has looked impressive in a left-wing role as that is his favoured side and allows him to show off his blistering pace.

Chong had been with Feyenoord since the age of 10 and it was a difficult decision to leave Rotterdam but he feels he made the right choice in opting for Old Trafford.

"I am definitely impressed by the club," he told the Dutch press. "United have good accommodation for youth players and it is up to me to make that step. My parents will go to England and it's good to have their support there."

Chong has already won his first individual trophy as a Red, scooping the best attacking player award at the Otten Cup in his homeland after helping Tommy Martin's side reach the final, only to lose to Anderlecht on penalties.

He also scored the club's only goal in the 2016/17 FA Youth Cup, a stunner at Old Trafford against Southampton which will live long in the memory - despite the eventual defeat.

Kieran McKenna commented: "Tahith has hit the ground running in his time here and I think he's just a fantastic professional. He has the right attitude to training and looks after himself really well off the pitch. He's really personable and good with the staff and players, which has helped him to settle in quickly. On the pitch, everyone has been excited by his performances; he's an eye-catching player.

"We'll just keep pushing him to add to that with an end product so he can add goals and assists, as he has been doing, and can have a bright future in the game."

Unfortunately, he suffered a bad tackle in January's Academy game against Everton which prematurely ended his debut campaign in Manchester. It left him with figures of four goals in 15 appearances (13 as a starter) and he is on the road to recovery in order to carry on from where he left off.

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote