Thread: Axel Tuanzebe
View Single Post
Old 16-11-2017, 09:47 PM   #24
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Axel Tuanzebe

FIVE REASONS TO BE EXCITED ABOUT TUANZEBE

To mark Axel Tuanzebe’s 20th birthday, which he celebrates today, we’ve listed five reasons why we feel supporters can feel excited about the future of the Manchester United prospect.

1: JOSE RATES HIM

Since Jose’s very first match in charge of the Reds, a pre-season friendly at Wigan Athletic in July 2016, the manager has spoken positively about the young defender and cited him as an obvious talent. “The potential is there,” he said at the DW Stadium that day. “You can see it immediately!”

Mourinho took Tuanzebe on tour that summer and handed him five senior appearances throughout the 2016/17 campaign, which also included the signing of a new long-term contract at the club. Another pre-season trip to the States followed for Axel and, this term, he has started once, in the Carabao Cup fourth-round win at Swansea City, highlighting his role as a valuable squad member.

2: HE CAN PLAY A BIT, TOO!
As the manager quickly assessed upon his arrival at United, Tuanzebe has an obvious and natural talent that underpins his reputation as a rising star. He is strong in the tackle, composed on the ball and intelligent off it, wielding attributes that are often required from the modern centre-back.

The 20-year-old England Under-21 international is versatile, too, having played at right-back against Arsenal last season and also in central midfield, versus Crystal Palace and Southampton. Last month, at the Liberty Stadium in Wales, he notably earned praise for his display on the left side of a back-three.

3: WISE HEAD, YOUNG SHOULDERS
To cope with the rigours of senior football, especially in the Premier League, a young player must be physically capable and Tuanzebe is certainly that at over six feet in height. But that is not the only string to his bow: he’s also a bright young man who speaks with admirable poise. Seriously, look up one of his MUTV interviews and you’ll see what we mean. Granted, being a good talker has nothing to do with success on the pitch, but it nonetheless represents a level of confidence that is required.

4: A LEADER TO BOOT
Born in Bunia, in the Democratic Republic of Congo, the England Under-21 international grew up in Rochdale and has been nurtured by the Academy since the age of eight. He has become an excellent leader and captained the Under-18s as a first-year scholar. “I don't think that has happened since Gary Neville was youth-team skipper,” said former coach Paul McGuinness. “Axel did a very good job - on and off the field.”

The robust defender then led the Reserves throughout the 2016/17 season and admits he enjoys the responsibility of the role. "I like bossing people around!" he recently told us with a smirk.

5: SERIAL AWARD WINNER
In May 2015, Axel was named our Jimmy Murphy Under-18s Player of the Year and, two years later, he collected the Denzil Haroun Reserve Team Player of the Year prize, becoming the third Red in history to claim both youth trophies (after Mark Robins and Giuseppe Rossi).

Speaking about his success, our no.38 outlined his aims for a future that definitely looks bright: “It's my dream to be a leader and role model at this club. The manager has shown faith to play me and I’ve been helped by youngsters like Marcus [Rashford] and Jesse [Lingard], who’ve taken me under their wing. It’s been good so far and hopefully it can continue. I was to show he can trust me to play in future games.”

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote