View Single Post
Old 13-03-2020, 10:24 AM   #262
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lega Calcio - News and Rumors

Sampdoria's former Southampton striker Manolo Gabbiadini becomes second Serie A player to test positive for coronavirus

* Manolo Gabbiadini has contracted coronavirus, Sampdoria announced
* The striker becomes the second Serie A player to test positive for COVID-19
* All Serie A games have been suspended until April 3 due to the outbreak in Italy

Sampdoria striker Manolo Gabbiadini has become the second Serie A player to test positive for coronavirus.

Juventus defender Daniele Rugani was the first Serie A player to contract the pandemic, announced last night by his club.

But now 28-year-old Gabbiadini, who used to play for Southampton in the Premier League, has contracted COVID-19 and is in isolation - all Serie A matches have been suspended until at least April 3.

Manolo Gabbiadini has become the second Serie A player to test positive for coronavirus

A Sampdoria statement read: 'UC Sampdoria announce that player Manolo Gabbiadini has tested positive for Coronavirus-COVID-19.

'He has a slight fever, but is doing well. The club is activating all the procedures of isolation laid out in the rules.'

Gabbidaini, who is an Italy international, has also played for Napoli and Bologna.

Rugani, meanwhile, tweeted last night: 'You will have read the news and that's why I want to reassure all those who are worrying about me, I'm fine.

'I urge everyone to respect the rules, because this virus makes no distinctions! Let's do it for ourselves, for our loved ones and for those around us.'

Following the news, Juventus revealed they will implement the necessary isolation procedures, while Inter Milan confirmed they have suspended all competitive activities until further notice.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8105087/Sampdorias-Manolo-Gabbiadini-second-Serie-player-test-positive-coronavirus.html