View Single Post
Old 09-06-2020, 09:43 AM   #422
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ander Herrera Agüera

'It was not about money... I deserved more attention from the club': Ander Herrera slams Manchester United and lifts lid on 'disagreements' that sparked his exit - and PSG star even admits he WOULD have signed an extension if offer had come sooner

* Ander Herrera said his departure from Manchester United was not about money
* The midfielder left United to join PSG last summer after five years at Old Trafford
* The Spaniard said he felt undervalued after the club waited to offer a new deal
* He admitted he would have signed an extension had the proposal come earlier

Ander Herrera has slammed former club Manchester United after revealing his departure was not about money but because of 'disagreements'.

The midfielder left the club after five years to join Paris Saint-Germain on a free transfer last summer after failing to agree a new contract, despite expectations he would extend his stay.

The Spaniard admitted he felt undervalued by the Red Devils during the negotiations after they waited until he had six months left to run on his deal before offering an extension.

Ander Herrera has criticised Manchester United for the handling of his departure last summer. The midfielder said he would have signed a new contract had the offer been made earlier

'It was not about money,' he told The Athletic.

'It was not about the duration of the contract offer. In my opinion, I waited too long (for an offer) and deserved more attention from the club.

'I was a player that gave everything. I never complained. I never went to the media to complain about anything. I never put a bad face to any manager, to any member of the board, and they waited until I had five or six months left on my contract.

The Spaniard was named United's player of the season in 2017 and expected an improved offer. The 30-year-old joined Paris Saint-Germain on a free transfer after the club made an approach

'That's why I had some disagreements with them.'

Herrera said he had expected an improved offer after winning the club's player of the season award in 2017 and admitted he would likely have signed a new contract had the proposal come earlier.

'Yes, absolutely. I thought they were going to come two years before my contract finished, like most other clubs do.'

PSG showed an interest ahead of the 2018-19 season and Herrera decided to move on.

He has played 18 times for Thomas Tuchel's side this season. He would likely have made more appearances had he not suffered with hamstring and thigh injuries.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8398417/Ander-Herrera-slams-Manchester-United-lifts-lid-disagreements-sparked-exit.html