View Single Post
Old 28-04-2010, 12:14 PM   #15
drivemein
first team

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
drivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nice
Default Re: [EPL] Sunderland vs Man Utd

Roy Keane warns Manchester United that Sunderland striker Darren Bent could wreck Premier League title hopes
-goal.com-

United legend believes Black Cats are a threat

Roy Keane has cautioned Manchester United that Sunderland striker Darren Bent could ruin their dream of winning a fourth consecutive Premier League title.

United are a point behind Premier League leaders Chelsea with two games remaining and will travel to the Stadium of Light on Sunday to take on Sunderland.

Keane has warned United not to underestimate the Black Cats, who sit in 10th place in the Premier League, when the team has such a dynamic striker like Bent.

"Sunderland have had a good season and when you have a goalscorer like Bent it gives you a hell of a chance,” Keane told The Mirror.

“Steve [Bruce] has done a good job, a big signing for them was Bent. I always say you are only as good as your goalscorers."

Bent has scored 24 goals in his first season with Sunderland, and with his play this season the striker hopes to join England when they head to South Africa for the World Cup this summer.

Keane is still following Sunderland despite stepping down as Black Cat manager a year and a half ago, and the Irishman hold no hard feelings toward the club.

"I still look out for Sunderland, of course I do. But I have no regrets. How does the song go, no no, these things happen.

"I loved my time there but it was time to move on. I had my reasons and I am still comfortable with the reasons why. The people behind the scenes know why I left."