Thread: Scott McTominay
View Single Post
Old 13-07-2017, 07:36 AM   #12
penk22_
Divisi IT

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter
Default Re: Scott McTominay

MCTOMINAY'S TWO CLEAR AIMS ON TOUR 2017

Scott McTominay has two clear aims for his first senior tour with Manchester United: soak up knowledge from the players around him and impress manager Jose Mourinho.

The Academy graduate has experienced a whirlwind few months at the club, after making his first-team debut in May and this month earning a place in the 27-man squad for Tour 2017, presented by Aon.

MUTV spoke to McTominay at the UCLA training complex on Wednesday to find out how much he is enjoying the experience, and what he hopes to take away from the trip to the United States…

What has your tour experience been like so far?
Obviously it is an amazing experience for me, coming away with the first team on my first tour, coming to LA. You have got to grasp the opportunity and take everything in, what the players do, how they rest, preparing for games. It is just really good to be around the squad and hopefully I can show everybody, including the manager, what I am capable of and push on from there.

Have you noticed the difference between a first-team and reserve pre-season?
The intensity of the training is just a step above, especially in my position when you are checking your shoulder all the time, making sure you are aware of what goes on, and all that stands you in good stead for whatever games I am going to play this season. It is just a good experience being out here with the heat, managing your rest, managing how you perform out on the pitch and it is all good.

A year ago, did you think you would soon be with the first team on tour?
Yeah, obviously that is my aim. Last season I was just coming into the reserve team group and performing there. Obviously you have to expect things to happen for you because you have to be confident in yourself, and that you are going to go out and improve. Obviously it is surprising, but it is not really a surprise because you have to expect it and prepare for anything in football.

You have friends in the group like Demi Mitchell and Joel Pereira, which must be great?
Even Marcus, Jesse and Axel, they are all boys I have grown up with in the Academy system and it is just brilliant to see loads of young players out on tour, enjoying themselves and preparing for the new season.

And are the new signings settling in well?
Victor and Romelu have fitted in really well. It is like they have been here for a while. Everybody has made them feel welcome and it is just brilliant to have them here.

With five matches in the US, are you desperate to get some game time?
That is obviously the main thing for me, playing games. I just want to show the manager what I am capable of and hopefully he likes what he sees. Then we can take it from there.

Finally, with TV and film stars visiting training, it’s be a bit crazy hasn’t it?
It is crazy. We have had the Game of Thrones, Julia Roberts, The Rock. It is crazy seeing these people but obviously it is brilliant as well.

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2017/Jul/Scott-McTominay-talks-to-MUTV-about-Tour-2017-and-impressing-Jose-Mourinho.aspx