View Single Post
Old 21-04-2016, 12:07 PM   #25
penk22_
Divisi IT

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter
Default Re: [EPL] Manchester United 2-0 Crystal Palace

Van Gaal's verdict on Palace victory

PLEASED WITH THE PERFORMANCE
“Yes I was very happy with the performance and I think it was a four or five to zero game. We should have finished it much earlier and scored much more goals. We created a lot of chances and we did not give any chances away – one, maybe, in the first half for Adebayor.”

EARLY GOAL SETTLED EVERYBODY
“Yes it helps of course and also such a goal [for the second]. I was very happy for Matteo [Darmian], two times he was involved in the goals and I have seen it already in the training session. He was the top scorer of the day on Monday and he did it again in the match. He shot with his left and right foot, and now he shot for his goal with his left foot.”

PRESSURE ON TOP-FOUR RIVALS
“Of course we are in the race and we are two points behind City and Arsenal [who are one point ahead of United] have to play tomorrow [Thursday] against West Bromwich Albion. It is not an easy opponent because they will defend, probably, and it is always difficult. You have seen Arsenal against Crystal Palace – it is always difficult.”

SEMI-FINAL SELECTION HEADACHE?
“Selection is not so difficult because you are following what you see, what your philosophy is, what the game plan is. Now you have to convince the players why you select that way. That is much more important."

EXCITED FOR WEMBLEY
“Of course the semi-final is not nothing. I came to England to win titles and now are very close. But first we have to beat Everton and that is not so easy. Also when they have lost to Liverpool 4-0, with 10 men it is difficult against Liverpool I think [Ramiero Funes Mori was sent off].”

HTML Code:
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2016/Apr/manager-reaction-louis-van-gaal-gives-his-reflections-on-uniteds-league-win-over-crystal-palace.aspx