Thread: Phillip Neville
View Single Post
Old 17-12-2020, 08:44 AM   #117
zudomiriku

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Phillip Neville

Phil Neville 'set to coach Team GB women's football team at Olympic Games in Tokyo' after he leaves his role with the England team in July

* Phil Neville is leaving his role as England women's boss in July after two years
* He is set to be announced as coach of Team GB women at the Tokyo Olympics
* Neville has made no secret of his desire to coach the team at the Olympic Games
* Announcement is expected in January after being delayed by the coronavirus

Manchester United legend Phil Neville will coach Team GB women's football team at the Tokyo Olympics after leaving his role with England, according to reports.

The 43-year-old has made no secret of his desire to coach at the Olympics, and it appears he will get his chance in 2021, at the rescheduled Tokyo Games.

The Times report that Neville will be announced as the team's coach next month, following a considerable delay due to the coronavirus pandemic.

It has already been confirmed that Neville will leave his England role in July, and the Team GB coaching job is expected to be his last job in women's football for now as he eyes a return to the men's game.

The report claims that the FA had wanted to announce Neville as the Team GB coach as early as October, but the pandemic has caused a number of delays.

It has been written that logistical issues, travel restrictions and the branding of the announcement have complicated Neville's transition from England to Team GB.

When Neville leaves his role as England boss, he will be replaced by Sarina Wiegman, who will also be at the Tokyo Olympics coaching Holland.

Phil Neville is expected to take charge of Team GB women's football team at the Olympics. Neville (left) is leaving his role as the England manager in July after two successful years

As recently as November, Neville played down his chances of coaching Team GB at the Games, when he insisted he 'didn't know' if he would receive the call-up.

Speaking at the last England camp, he said: 'I don't know if it is going to be me. I said in the last camp that I expected the decision to be imminent and I still think that.

'Hopefully it'll happen soon and the players can concentrate on who is the boss of Team GB and there can be total clarity.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9058511/Phil-Neville-set-coach-Team-GB-womens-football-team-Olympic-Games-Tokyo.html