View Single Post
Old 17-04-2017, 03:07 AM   #23
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: [EPL] Manchester United vs Chelsea

RASHFORD, HERRERA THRILLED TO BEAT CHELSEA

Marcus Rashford and Ander Herrera were delighted after their goals helped Manchester United defeat Premier League leaders Chelsea at Old Trafford on Sunday, with the latter describing the team's display as "almost perfect".

Rashford gave United a dream start when he latched onto Herrera's through-ball and slotted past Asmir Begovic in the seventh minute, before Herrera doubled the Reds' advantage with a deflected shot just before the hour mark.

Both men were pleased to avenge last month's defeat to Antonio Conte's side in the Emirates FA Cup, when United were well in the game until Herrera's harsh dismissal.

The Spaniard told Sky Sports: "I think it was almost perfect. You cannot say it was perfect because you always have some things to improve but defensively it was perfect; they’re top of the table but didn’t have any chances.

"On the counter-attack we hurt them but we played football as well; we controlled the game. I think we can be very happy."

Rashford added: "We went there earlier in the season in the cup and we had a gameplan. We were unfortunate to go down to 10 men but we kept working and sticking at it.

"Here today, it took a lot of discipline to carry out the same actions and get the result, but we all stuck at it and thankfully we got the goals."

Herrera, who was named our Man of the Match with 74 per cent of the votes on our Twitter page, was over the moon to finally end his personal goal drought.

"I’ve been looking for a goal for over a year," he admitted. "For a long time, something always happened – crossbar, saves from the keeper. Today I was a bit lucky but we deserved this victory. We controlled the game and created more chances than them."

In a side that featured four changes from Thursday night's Europa League game against Anderlecht, Rashford came in for top scorer Zlatan Ibrahimovic in attack and put in an excellent performance, but the striker insisted it was solely a team effort.

The 19-year-old said: "It’s not so much stepping up to the plate [in Zlatan’s absence] because we’re a team and missing one player doesn’t cancel out everything we’ve worked on throughout the week. Everyone grafts together and puts in the work to get the result."

The win stretched United's unbeaten run in the league to 22 matches and, with the side still battling for the top four and progressing in the Europa League, Rashford stressed the importance of keeping up the good performances.

"To be honest, I am not paying much attention to the other teams," the England man told MUTV. "At this stage of the season, if we win all our games then we are going to find ourselves in the top four and that is how we have to approach the games.

"From now, we have to kick on even more. Every game is going to get more and more difficult; other teams are going to want it more and we will want it more, so we just have to go and get the results."

The home fans created an electrifying atmosphere throughout the game and Rashford added: "It is easy to create that atmosphere today: it was a big game, we got an early goal and that makes a difference. But it is always a good atmosphere here. They have to keep pushing us and we have to keep pushing them."

www.manutd.com