Thread: Sergio Romero
View Single Post
Old 27-07-2015, 08:34 AM   #1
alfiandrmwn
captain

Mentioned: 128 Post(s)
alfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to beholdalfiandrmwn is a splendid one to behold
Visit alfiandrmwn's Facebook Visit alfiandrmwn's MySpace Visit alfiandrmwn's Twitter Visit alfiandrmwn's YouTube
Default Sergio Romero

Sergio Romero completes Manchester United move after signing three-year deal
  • Sergio Romero joins Manchester United on a three-year deal
  • United confirmed the signing of the goalkeeper late on Sunday night
  • The 28-year-old Argentina international was a free agent and will replace No 2 Victor Valdes, who is expected to leave the club

Manchester United confirmed the signing of Argentine goalkeeper Sergio Romero on a three-year deal.

The 28-year-old was a free agent and has been brought in to replace the outgoing Victor Valdes as United's back-up stopper.

Romero played under Louis van Gaal at AZ Alkmaar when they were crowned Eredivisie champions in 2009.

Sergio Romero joined Manchester United on a three-year deal on Sunday night

Romero worked with Louis van Gaal (right) at AZ Alkmaar and they won the Dutch league in 2009

The Argentine joined up with the rest of the team on their pre-season tour in the United States.

He said: 'I am absolutely delighted to join Manchester United. To play for the biggest club in the world is a dream come true for me.

'Louis van Gaal is a fantastic manager and I cannot wait to get started on this new and exciting challenge in my career.'

Romero was a free agent and has been brought in to replace the outgoing Victor Valdes

Argentina goalkeeper Romero joined up with the rest of the Manchester United team in the USA

United No 1 David de Gea in action against Barcelona in Santa Clara on Saturday

Van Gaal added: 'Sergio is a very talented goalkeeper. He was a young keeper during my time at AZ Alkmaar and I am delighted he is joining Manchester United.

'He had a fantastic World Cup last summer in Brazil, although that is something I have put to the back of my mind. He will be a great addition to the team and I am looking forward to working with him once again.'

United beat Barcelona 3-1 in the International Champions Cup tournament on Saturday in Santa Clara and will next face Paris Saint-Germain in Chicago on Wednesday.

Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3175536/Sergio-Romero-completes-Manchester-United-signing-three-year-deal.html
Welcome Romero
alfiandrmwn is offline   Reply With Quote