View Single Post
Old 23-03-2016, 12:06 PM   #18
penk22_
Divisi IT

Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
Mentioned: 558 Post(s)
penk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond reputepenk22_ has a reputation beyond repute
Visit penk22_'s Facebook Visit penk22_'s Twitter
Default Re: Timothy Fosu-Mensah

Timothy Fosu-Mensah wants Louis van Gaal to stay at Manchester United due to Dutch manager's faith in club's young players

• Louis van Gaal has given 14 academy players debuts during his reign
  • However, Van Gaal is likely to leave Old Trafford after two years in charge
  • Timothy Fosu-Mensah thinks Van Gaal's faith in youngsters is 'special'
  • Reports in Spain say that Jose Mourinho has agreed a deal with the club
  • Manchester United will pay Mourinho £5million if they don't take up option

Manchester United youngster Timothy Fosu-Mensah has backed ‘special’ manager Louis van Gaal to stay beyond the end of the season after giving the kids a chance.

Van Gaal is expected to leave Old Trafford this summer after two ordinary years in charge, with former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho his likely replacement.

But Fosu-Mensah, 18, has given an indication of a swell of support from United’s young players for a manager who has handed debuts to 14 academy starlets.

Quote:
THE ACADEMY PLAYERS GIVEN DEBUTS UNDER LOUIS VAN GAAL
Jesse Lingard, Tyler Blackett, Saidy Janko, Reece James, Andreas Pereira, Paddy McNair, Tom Thorpe, Cameron Borthwick-Jackson, Donald Love, Joe Riley, Marcus Rashford, Regan Poole, Timothy Fosu-Mensah and James Weir
Mourinho, conversely, was criticised for his youth record at Stamford Bridge after the likes of Ruben Loftus-Cheek struggled to break through earlier this season before the manager was sacked.

‘They find this very special in England,’ Fosu-Mensah told Dutch paper De Telegraaf of Van Gaal’s faith in youngsters.

‘At the top clubs, the young boys do not quickly get a chance but Van Gaal has proved the contrary. He keeps his eye always on young boys and it is definitely important to me.

‘Van Gaal is really a man with personality. I still think it's great that I was able to make my debut under him. Do I hope he stays? Of course.’

Versatile Dutch star Fosu-Mensah was a late substitute in United’s 1-0 win at local rivals Manchester City on Sunday in what was his fourth senior appearance.

Van Gaal’s promotion of youth has been one of the highlights of an up-and-down season which leaves United sixth in the Barclays Premier League, but just a point behind fourth-placed City.

The pre-contract was reported not to be a final agreement, but to effectively reserve Mourinho for United if they wished to take up the option - with a £5million compensation clause for the out-of-work boss if the club turned their back.

Fosu-Mensah was signed from Ajax in 2014 and has been a regular in United’s youth sides before making the step up to first-team action.

HTML Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3504013/Timothy-Fosu-Mensah-wants-Louis-van-Gaal-stay-Manchester-United-Dutch-manager-s-faith-club-s-young-players.html