View Single Post
Old 13-07-2017, 08:26 AM   #2
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Demetri Mitchell

IRWIN: MITCHELL MUST LEARN FROM TOUR 2017

Denis Irwin feels Demi Mitchell can become a first-team player, and particularly if he absorbs vital lessons about hard work and dedication from the senior pros at Manchester United.

Mitchell made his senior debut for the Reds in the final game of the 2016/17 season, starting at left-back and impressing supporters in the comfortable win over Crystal Palace at Old Trafford.

Jose Mourinho included Demi in his initial 27-man squad for Tour 2017, presented by Aon, with left-back options a little thin on the ground due to Luke Shaw and Marcos Rojo’s injuries.

Irwin, who made over 500 United appearances, is impressed by the way Mitchell has converted from being a left winger to a left-back. After watching him training at the impressive UCLA facility in Los Angeles on Tuesday morning, Denis spoke to ManUtd.com about the player’s big summer.

“I have watched him playing for the Under-23s and was impressed,” said Irwin. “He obviously started his career as a left winger and you can see that in him, very much like you can with Antonio Valencia.

“He played a fantastic game against Crystal Palace in the last game of the season and this is a great experience for him, to come out on tour for the first time and to learn from the more senior players about what is required to make it at this level, to learn about the hard work and dedication that is necessary at a club like Manchester United.

“I think it will do his confidence the world of good and I am interested to see how he progresses. Left-back is a spot where so many players played last season – Darmian, Blind, Rojo, Shaw and even Young – so there could an opening there for him. Let’s see how he gets on.”

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote