United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 28-11-2019, 08:44 AM   #1
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Max Taylor

‘I always thought there's no way I'm not going to be alive after this. But look at me. ANYTHING is possible’: How Max Taylor beat cancer and is eyeing his Manchester United debut in the Europa League

* Man United youngster Max Taylor has returned to the club after battling cancer
* He underwent immediate chemotherapy in November 2018 after his diagnosis
* After responding well to treatment, he returned to training this September
* He will travel with the squad for their Europa League tie against Astana this week
* Taylor hopes to inspire other sufferers to dream after his amazing comeback

Max Taylor will not let cancer define him and wants to show other sufferers that it is possible to dream, with the Manchester United teenager on the cusp of his debut at the end of a year that started with punishing chemotherapy.

The 19-year-old is far from the best-known name included in Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's callow squad in Kazakhstan, yet he is easily the most inspiring figure preparing to face Astana in the Europa League.

And should Manchester-born prospect Taylor make his debut on Thursday, it will be one of the sporting stories of the year.

A smiling Max Taylor speaks about his emotional return to Man United after his cancer battle. The defender is highly rated at Old Trafford and has shown incredible character to return

With the club since 2014, the defender's progress was brought to an abrupt halt in the cruellest of manners last year when diagnosed with testicular cancer as surgery, chemotherapy and yet more surgery replaced football as his focus.

'I always had a mindset of that there's no way I'm not going to be alive after this,' Taylor said.

'But there were times where I thought "will I be able to play football after this?" And there were times where I thought there's no way I can get back to that.

'But I think the message that I want to get out to everyone is it is possible - and it is possible to do more than what I've done after you've gone through such trauma.

'It is possible to get back wherever you want to go.'

To appreciate just how remarkable Taylor's place in Solskjaer's squad is, you have to understand the journey he has been on.

Quote:
FROM BATTLING CANCER TO A POTENTIAL UNITED DEBUT, MAX TAYLOR'S CAREER TIMELINE

January 2018: The Manchester-born defender signs his first professional contract at United.

May 2018: Forms part of the United backline as they are crowned Under-18 Premier League Northern champions.

October 2018: Taylor is diagnosed with testicular cancer. Has surgery to remove left testicle on October 4.

November 2018: He starts an intense nine-week course of chemotherapy at the Christie Hospital in Manchester.

February 2019: United announce that Taylor has responded successfully to cancer treatment after undergoing chemotherapy.

March 2019: Having waited six weeks following chemotherapy, Taylor undergoes a five-and-a-half-hour operation to remove six swollen lymph nodes.

May 2019: Returns to the Aon Training Complex and begins the process of rebuilding muscle mass and fitness.

September 2019: Taylor starts training outside, joining in with his team-mates two weeks later.

October 2019: The 19-year-old returns to action as a first-half substitute in Manchester United Under-23s' 4-1 win at Swansea.

November 2019: Taylor comes off the bench at Old Trafford as the Under-23s beat Sunderland 3-0. The centre-back is included in the first-team squad for the first time as United travel to Kazakhstan to take on Astana in the Europa League.
The defender, formerly known as Max Dunne, signed professional terms at Old Trafford in January 2018 - but by that August his world was turned upside down after a cyst on his testicle returned bigger.

'The cyst had gone and the cancer, the lump, was actually inside the testicle, so you wouldn't have been able to feel it anyway, so it was actually a blessing,' Taylor said of that precautionary scan.

'Later in the course of everything they said it would have been your body signalling something for it to come back twice, almost like a red flag, like something's not right, like an infection type thing. Something alien to the body.'

Taylor's left testicle was removed on October 4 and a biopsy showed it to be the primary cancer, but a CT scan showed that it had 'spread through the abdomen, the lymph nodes in the abdomen and started a few specks on the lungs'.

The teenager is part of the Man United squad that has travelled to Kazakhstan to play Astana

An intense, draining nine-week course of chemotherapy followed, with a single day involving as much as eight hours of chemo and four hours of hydration.

That demanding treatment got rid of the cancer, but more surgery was required to remove swollen lymph nodes: three on his left side and three next to the aorta - including one that had gone onto the main artery carrying blood from the heart.

'It was sort of a time where I am in no man's land here - I can't go back to what I normally do, I still feel ill from the chemo,' Taylor said of the six-week wait for his cells to recover enough for the five-and-a-half hour operation in March.

'I've got the all clear, but I can't really be that happy because I just had a big surgery, can't go back to football.

Taylor makes his way on to the plane as Manchester United travel for their Europa League tie

'That was like the low point because I was still in, couldn't really do much like things you take for granted. I couldn't even sit up because it was a cut straight through my abdominal.'

It was not until May that Taylor was finally able to return to the training ground, but the road to fitness was slower and more difficult than even he expected.

Yet the 19-year-old has kicked on with the support of friends, family and those at the Christie hospital, which the defender is raising funds for and recently returned to in a bid to help raise morale for those in the midst of their battle.

Taylor could also not have asked any more from United - whether it be the weekly visits from development player care assistant Andy Jordan and doctor Steve McNally, or the support of first-team coaches Kieran McKenna, who was Taylor's Under-18 coach, and Michael Carrick.

The 19-year-old will also never forget then-manager Jose Mourinho coming up to him at the training ground at the start of his battle and saying, 'don't worry about it, you will be OK, you're a fighter' - nor the support shown by successor Solskjaer.

'I remember the first day I came in to see the doctors and staff and I still wasn't that well,' Taylor said.

'I was still a bit frail when I was walking and stuff. I'd get out of breath, even just going upstairs or whatever.

'When I went for breakfast he took me into his office and introduced me to coach Mark Dempsey, who I hadn't met before, and we saw Kieran and Carrick.

'Then, after that, they took me outside training and just watched the session.

'It was amazing because I hadn't obviously been back and then to go over and watch the first team and just stand with them and have a chat was really uplifting.'

Taylor, boosted by those around him, would take it a tiny bit further every week as he pushed to return, finally joining in with training in September and kicking on.

Having come off the bench for his first minutes as United Under-23s won at Swansea last month, the defender stepped out again when the development team beat Sunderland at Old Trafford on Friday.

Now, remarkably, he is in the first-team squad in Kazakhstan, preparing for a Europa League match and a potential senior debut.

'There's a lot of people out there who think, like I did, that people only remember them for having cancer,' Taylor said. 'They'd be like "ah, that's what you've done, you're amazing to get out of that".

'But I think the message is that you can be more than that - and I want to be more than that.

'Yeah, it's a part of me and I'm not going to hide from it. But that's what it is: it's a part of me, it doesn't define me.

'The cancer is something that has happened, but it's not going to be what people remember me for.

'I don't just want to be a footballer; I want to be someone who people look up to in terms of raising money and helping others.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7730567/Man-Uniteds-Max-Taylor-says-wont-let-cancer-battle-define-ahead-Europa-League-trip.html
Old 11-09-2020, 10:30 AM   #2
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Max Taylor

Manchester United youngster Max Taylor considering loan spell at National League side Macclesfield after fighting off testicular cancer

* Max Taylor battled testicular cancer before agreeing contract extension in May
* The 20-year-old is considering a loan to Macclesfield to get regular football
* Macclesfield are now in the National League following their relegation

Manchester United defender Max Taylor is considering a loan move to Macclesfield Town.

The 20-year-old has inspired many with his story amid his battle against testicular cancer and is now looking to kick on in his career.

He had looked set for a loan to MK Dons but, despite training with them, budget constraints meant they didn't take the deal on.

Max Taylor is looking to get a loan move away this season so he can get more regular football. Taylor stepped back onto a football pitch a full year after his diagnoses with the disease

Though he played in the EFL Trophy and was on the bench for United's Europa League tie with Astana last November, United are now keen for Taylor to get greater competitive action.

Taylor signed a year's extension to his contract in May and has been hailed by coaches Jose Mourinho and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as an inspiration to the players and staff around him with the manner in which he has fought to get his life and career back on track.

Macclesfield are in the National League following their relegation earlier this summer and are managed by former Blackburn Rovers and England goalkeeper Tim Flowers.

The club have been in a state of financial flux but on Wednesday morning were granted a seven-day extension to their winding up order to provide proof of funds to the High Court.

They were given a 12th adjournment by the High Court after claiming a takeover was at 'an advanced stage' with the potential buyer named as Robert Benwell, who previously made a bid for Bury in December.

The court was told that HM Revenue and Customs is owed £188,721.09, with eight creditors owed £592,000.

Macclesfield Town are now in the National League after a points deduction relegated them

Macclesfield were previously granted an adjournment in June after a delay to the case due to the coronavirus.

They initially requested a 28-day extension to allow the final stages of the Benwell deal to go through. The court was also told that if the sale does not go though, the outstanding debts would be paid off by current owner and former chairman Amar Alkadhi.

Taylor was diagnosed with testicular cancer back in October 2018 after a precautionary scan in the summer.

Taylor had surgery on October 4, 2018 to remove his left testicle and a month later had to undergo a nine-week course of chemotherapy after the cancer spread.

United revealed he had successfully responded to treatment in February 2019 but Taylor had to have another operation weeks later.

He underwent a five-and-a-half-hour operation to remove six swollen lymph nodes.

A full year after being diagnosed with the disease Taylor stepped onto a football pitch in a United shirt as he came off the bench in United U23s' 4-1 win at Swansea.

He featured six times for the U23 team in Premier League 2 and was also named on the bench alongside a host of academy players for United's UEFA Europa League match away to Astana in Kazakhstan last November.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8717479/Manchester-Uniteds-Max-Taylor-considering-loan-spell-Macclesfield-Town-cancer-battle.html
Old 12-09-2020, 02:23 PM   #3
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Max Taylor sebenarnya masih muda tapi wajahnya sudah seperti orang usia 30 tahunan yaa...

Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2020, 01:45 PM   #4
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United defender Max Taylor sees loan move to Macclesfield Town collapse after National League side were wound up in the High Court

* Taylor saw a proposed loan move emerge and then collapse on Wednesday
* National League side were interested in taking the defender on season-long loan
* But half an hour later it was announced Macclesfield were being wound up

Manchester United defender Max Taylor saw a proposed loan move to Macclesfield Town emerge then collapse on Wednesday.

The National League side called United in the morning to discuss taking Taylor for the season but his hopes of playing more competitive action were dashed just half an hour later when it was announced Macclesfield were being wound up after amassing over £500,000 of debt.

Taylor, 20, is now looking for a new loan destination.

The centre back has been eager to gain more game time since battling back from testicular cancer.

Taylor has shown remarkable resilience and fighting spirit to keep his career on track despite his illness and United are pushing him to gain more experience. He was part of United's Europa League squad against Astana last season.

United players underwent Covid testing on Tuesday ahead of their Premier League opener with Crystal Palace on Saturday.

Juan Mata only returned to training on Monday, Bruno Fernandes is back while Paul Pogba came back in last week after recovering from coronavirus symptoms.

Max Taylor saw a proposed loan move to Macclesfield emerge then collapse on Wednesday. The defender has shown remarkable resilience to keep his career on track despite his illness

Goalkeeper Sergio Romero, however, has still to come back with the Argentine keen to resolve his future with a move away.

The 33-year old has been linked with a return to Racing Club but that is understood to be unlikely due to their financial constraints.

The United first team, who plan to hold a bonding barbecue on Thursday, have been training from 11.30am in recent days though defender Chris Smalling has continued to do his own personal routine away from the squad, coming in early and doing extra sessions in the afternoon.

The 30-year old has been waiting for the club to agree a deal with Roma. The Italians are also negotiating a deal for 20-year old Verona centre back Murush Kumbulla.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8740311/Manchester-United-defender-Max-Taylor-sees-loan-Macclesfield-Town-collapse.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 4
Andi Istiabudi, rio vander vidic, tumpal_oneunited, zudomiriku