United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United News > Archives > Archives 2014/2015

Old 11-07-2014, 07:11 PM   #41
rondwisan
udah sebelas yaa :)

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter
Default Re: Manchester United Tour 2014

08/07/2014 17:05, Communications Department*MUFC
Strong squad to tour US

• Many of club's World Cup stars to be part of Tour 2014, presented by Aon
• New signings Ander Herrera and Luke Shaw to join Wayne Rooney, Juan Mata and Shinji Kagawa
• Matches will be the first time that Louis van Gaal takes charge of the side

Manchester United has announced initial details of the travelling squad for Tour 2014, presented by Aon. The squad will depart for the pre-season tour of the United States on Friday 18 July with many new faces joining the team for the first time.

Fresh from his exploits at the 2014 FIFA World Cup, new manager Louis van Gaal will be involved for the full tour with his first match in charge of United taking place against LA Galaxy in the Chevrolet Cup at the Rose Bowl on Wednesday 23 July.

Many of United’s World Cup players will also be in attendance for the tour's duration, including Wayne Rooney, David De Gea, Shinji Kagawa and Juan Mata.

As well as the return of familiar faces, new signings Ander Herrera and Luke Shaw will also be part of the travelling*group to make their Manchester United debuts. The final squad will not be confirmed until Friday 18 July when the Reds fly to the States. A number of the club’s youngsters may also join the group, while announcements will be made at a later date regarding the involvement of those players who reached the latter stages of the World Cup.

After the opening match against LA Galaxy, United will take part in the International Champions Cup facing AS Roma in Denver (Saturday*26 July), Inter Milan in Washington DC (Tuesday 29 July) and Real Madrid in Michigan (Saturday 2 August). If United make the final of the competition, the pre-season tour will conclude with the final in Miami on Monday 4 August.

During this tour, United are expected to play in front of a record crowd, with the Real Madrid match in Michigan set to have the largest*attendance for a football match in the United States. This match has sold out but tickets are still available for the games in LA, Denver and Washington DC.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:18 PM   #42
rondwisan

rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute

2/07/2014 06:44 - ManUtd.com, Mark Froggatt
Giggs: World Cup stars will aid tour

Ryan Giggs is delighted that he and Louis van Gaal can get down to work with the majority of United’s World Cup stars during this summer’s Tour 2014, presented by Aon.

A host of the Reds' internationals made early exits in Brazil and are subsequently available to complete a full touring schedule, which begins with a flight to Los Angeles on Friday 18 July ahead of United’s opening pre-season match against LA Galaxy on 23 July.

Notably, the travelling party will include the likes of Wayne Rooney, Juan Mata and Shinji Kagawa, as well as new signings Ander Herrera and Luke Shaw, and Giggs feels these inclusions will bolster United in the States.

“It’s worked out quite well,” Ryan told ManUtd.com. “The lads who went out early in the World Cup can now travel with us for the pre-season tour. We’ve got a few lads here training now, who will have about two weeks under their belts before we play our first game in America.

“Then some more lads will join us, they’ll train and will be on a slightly different programme as they will, understandably, be a little behind. But there will be nine or 10 players who will come out - some big names too - who have been in the World Cup. That’s great for the fans in the US and great for us because we can work with them as quickly as we can.”

This summer’s pre-season tour will be followed by REUNITED14, a final friendly match against Valencia that will be held at Old Trafford on Tuesday 12 August. According to midfielder Darren Fletcher, such a fixture will only boost United’s preparations for the new campaign.

“Obviously Valencia are regarded as one of the top teams in Spanish football and I think they’re in a stage of resurgence,” Fletcher said. “They have a new manager, hopefully some new players, and they’ll be pushing themselves to get back up the table and back alongside Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid and Barcelona.

“For us, as players, it’s important to play top quality teams as it gets you ready for the start of the season," Fletcher continued. "There’s no doubt that playing against Valencia at Old Trafford is a great game to get us ready for the start of the Premier League season.

“We know we’re going to play against a top side – not only will it be a fast, ferocious game because we’re at home but we’ll also have to be mindful of the technical skill of the Valencia team. It’s a perfect way to come back and get ready for the start of the season.”
Old 13-07-2014, 12:04 AM   #43
rondwisan

12/07/2014 07:25 - ManUtd.com, Nathan Thomas
US fans gear up for United arrival

Here we interview Mancunian expat Pete Holland, founder and head of the Manchester United USA supporters club, about the Reds' forthcoming trip to the States...

Is the excitement building in the States ahead of the Reds' arrival and does the branch have anything special planned for the visit?

The fans over here can't wait. We hope to have membership booths at each of the venues to promote our supporters club,*plus interaction with the Old Trafford legends who will be participating on the tour. A number of members will also have access to watch the team train at each stadium and we are working closely with United and its sponsors on quite a few fan/member-engagement endeavours as we speak. It’s going to be a great fan-fest.

How much interest did the club’s last tour of the States, back in 2011, generate and do you see it being even greater this time around?
United are the biggest Premier League*club in the US and the stadiums were packed on the last tour. The World Cup has generated extensive coverage and the TV viewership has been even higher than the last one. I expect another sold-out tour -*the United/Real Madrid match in Michigan reflects that.

Would you say Old Trafford old boy David Beckham’s stint at LA Galaxy has helped the upsurge in football’s popularity across the pond?
Absolutely, David has been a great ambassador for the game in this country and the Galaxy won back-to-back MLS (Major League Soccer) titles during his tenure. He has definitely raised the profile of the league globally. The product on the pitch has also increased significantly since the league's inception in 1996, not just from an influx of international stars but home-grown players too. The best piece of evidence for this is the US national team’s growing prominence. Attendances continue to rise in the MLS and teams like the Seattle Sounders regularly average over 40,000 fans.

Which other English or European clubs are widely supported in the States?
Barcelona and Real Madrid are obvious European favourites, but United are the biggest English club, followed by Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal.

As you said before, the quality of the US national team at the current World Cup certainly suggests that football in the country is on the up. Do you think we will soon be seeing a greater presence of US players in the Premier League?
I hope so and I’d like to see more players follow the lead of Jovan Kirovski (former United youth team player) and Tim Howard in signing for the Reds. I think there is a delicate balance now with US players wanting to advance their careers in the Premier League*while at the same time helping with the popularity and success of MLS.

Going back to your supporters club, can you remind us how it was formed?
It was formed in the 1992/93 season and I could see even in those early years that there was an appetite for English football in the US. Being a Manchester lad and ex-Stretford Ender and having contacts in the game over here, I approached the then United membership secretary Barry Moorhouse on how we could go about it.*I then went to see the CEO of Sharp Electronics in New Jersey [the club’s shirt sponsors at the time] and presented him with*a signed ball from the club to add credibility and sent a simple proposal back to Barry on what we were trying to achieve with a supporters club in the US. Thankfully, Barry agreed on the idea and put a photo of our meeting in the matchday programme, captioning it the “American Connection”. The game was against Portsmouth and I still have that programme*framed in my office. I guess that was branding at its earliest and we coined the phrase “A vast ocean lies between the United States and Old Trafford... we built the bridge."

How has the supporters club grown over the years?
Its grown considerably in the past few years as the game generally has in the US. The make-up of the club is predominately American as that was always the target audience - I'm the only expat on our team! When the branch started it was in an age of pre-internet and social media, so it was baby steps to begin with and the club did not necessarily have the United States on the front burner in terms of marketing, sponsors or tours. That has obviously now changed.

We also participate in many US-centric events like the NSCAA Coaches Exhibition to promote the club, membership and to fly the flag. The NSCAA annual event regularly has over 10,000 people attending and we were the first official supporters*branch to exhibit at the show and still do. In fact, we were the first of any professional football club. We have a core group of individuals throughout the US who dedicate themselves to the promotion and professionalism of the supporters club and the stature has now grown to where we are regularly seen and heard in many facets of media. We have also developed long-term relationships with the club's US sponsors, US Soccer, Major League Soccer and have even been invited a few times to watch the closing bell at the NYSE. The supporters club today reflects all the hard work and perseverance in keeping the club going and raising our profile. I have always thought of us as trying to be an extension of United in the States.

How often do members get across the Atlantic to visit Old Trafford?
We have six season tickets for every match at Old Trafford and they are used by members for every home game. Members travel from all over the United States to attend the matches. We also travel as a group*three or four*times per year to Old Trafford so the US members - the youngest being nine and the oldest 82 - can interact with other fans and enjoy a unique long weekend experience that we organise. The relationships we have formed over the years at the club from the staff, players and ex-players make the visits most memorable and many of the members want to come back every year.

Have the fans who travelled commented on the differences between matchday experiences in the UK to those in America?
Our members are always taken aback by the amount of singing in grounds, but they are always keen to join in. Often they’ll ask me what exactly the fans are saying as the Mancunian dialect can be hard to understand at first, but by their second trip they are usually seasoned pros in the singing department. US sports are generally three hours of stop and go with lots of TV breaks so I think the fans like the non-stop action and different atmosphere at a football match. In the US you will probably have tailgate parties before and after the games in the stadium parking lots which visiting fans will be able to see and take part in during this year's tour.

Looking ahead to*the new*season, the Reds are preparing for life under new manager Louis van Gaal – what are your hopes for 2014/15?
The tour will be good preparation with the excellent training facilities and top-class opposition United will face in the States. The new manager has a wealth of knowledge on the game which is backed up by the*trophies he has won. Mix that with a United legend in newly-appointed assistant manager Ryan Giggs and you have a great combination. I expect the lads to start the season very strong, with a favourable fixture list, and I think we'll see a return to winning ways at Old Trafford. I can’t wait for the season to start.

Last edited by rondwisan; 13-07-2014 at 12:12 AM..
Old 13-07-2014, 12:15 AM   #44
rondwisan

Old 15-07-2014, 12:21 PM   #45
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Old 19-07-2014, 02:19 PM   #46
rondwisan

19/07/2014 05:40 - ManUtd.com, Nick Coppack
Zaha: Signings will settle quickly

Wilfried Zaha has no doubt new signings Ander Herrera and Luke Shaw will be made to feel at home during Tour 2014, presented by Aon.

Zaha was a new-boy himself this time last summer when United flew to Thailand, Australia, Japan and Hong Kong to prepare for the 2013/14 campaign.

Arriving at Manchester United could easily have been daunting for the then-20-year-old, but he insists everybody at the club made him feel welcome immediately.

“I really enjoyed the tour last year and felt I played well," Wilf told ManUtd.com. "When I arrived at the club everybody made me feel comfortable, which meant it was easy for me to feel at home when I went onto the pitch. I felt like things clicked for me.

“Feeling comfortable off the pitch really helped me on it. It’s a big part of playing at a club like this. You have to feel comfortable and confident with your team-mates. I’m sure people like Ander and Luke will be made to feel welcome and they’ll be absolutely fine.”

Zaha, who had previously only experienced pre-season tours with Crystal Palace, still has fond memories of 2013’s summer trip: “To be honest, last season was crazy,” he says. “The fans, the whole organisational side of things… I’ve never experienced anything like it.*You can’t know what it’s like until you’re inside it. It was a great experience.

“It’s the same with playing at Old Trafford. The fans, the noise, the size of the stadium… there’s nothing like it.”
Old 19-07-2014, 09:30 PM   #47
fredrian.seven
captain
Welcome Mou

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
fredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant future

Blom ada yg update pemaen yg dibawa pre-season ya?

Tour 2014 squad: De Gea, Lindegaard, Amos, Johnstone, Rafael, Evans, Smalling, Jones, Shaw, Blackett, M Keane, James, Herrera, Cleverley, Fletcher, Young, Zaha, Kagawa, Mata, Valencia, Nani, Lingard, Welbeck, Rooney, W Keane.

Tidak ada Powell, Lawrance, Wilson. Moga karena cedera dan nantinya akan nyusul bareng RVP cs.

Di skuat ada 4 kiper. Lumayan banyak mengingat United hanya maen 4x. Bisa jadi tiap kiper maen 1 babak per pertandingan.

Ada 3 pemaen yang bisa jadi WB, Shaw, Blackett dan James. Bisa jadi taktik 3-5-2 bakal dicoba juga.

Selain itu yg cukup menarik di skuat itu cuma ada 3 CM murni, Herrera, Cleverly dan Fletcher. Bisa jadi James juga bakal dicoba maen diposisi itu mengingat di akhir2 musim lalu Reece James sering dijadiin CM.
Old 19-07-2014, 10:02 PM   #48
rondwisan

Udah ada Mas, di thread sebelah ..., Pre-Re
Old 19-07-2014, 10:09 PM   #49
fredrian.seven
captain
Welcome Mou

Mentioned: 126 Post(s)
fredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant futurefredrian.seven has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondwisan View Post
Udah ada Mas, di thread sebelah ..., Pre-Re
O.. udh ya,he... nggak tau.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 109
Aba_MaczUnited, adi_Giggsy, agylbonez, ali_iyan, Alphin Ambo, aMieBeckz, and1, Andaresta, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, andluthfi, anharis rh, apriliandi, arthaphore, artistik74, asririzky, ayahocta, badbatak, bang_zak, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, dekepiks, dirzagalih, dniz89, dwitri27, ebol, ecly_watchaa, erin, fachryandrea, fadlysyah, Fajar_, fajrinited, ferly_Liemz, for_the_last, frankcadillac, fredrian.seven, Georgebest, goodfron, goodmin, Gustar_UIBontang, Gustiono, h-ANG, HaHa, Haji Paidin, Hand_rooney, hzent, iam_adjie, id4y, ijuul, Imron Setyo C, ing areese, irhamutd, ivanzferdinand, jifortin, kiki1981, kobe1928, Lang25, mochies5, mousetrap, mygalzbiatch, natanael0410, nobitanta, Noe26, nugheV, nu_reccayasha, n_42_nk, octus, oldark, paiman, penk22_, prahmono, randiex, Red Army, Red Stain, reddevilmaniac, Redsbusby, revald, rio vander vidic, rndr_UICSumenep, robby7beckham, ronald hars, Roronoa Rooney, RPM, Ryan_lallo, sepatu_ancur, SR 7, statstut, Tarart, tasho, Tata_redknightMUFC, Tevan, tito, tomoistomo, tothenator, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UNITED1878, unreal, Van_Munandar, waynehanks, Wibiebintang, wira_ozora, wowfajar, Yayat Dg Kulle, Zee de Wazza, zudomiriku