United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Manager & Staff

Old 10-01-2019, 11:25 PM   #1
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Kieran McKenna

WHY MCKENNA'S HAD A SMOOTH TRANSITION

Manchester United first-team coach Kieran McKenna feels he has been able to make the transition from youth football because the fundamentals of his role remain the same and he has been assisted by the rest of the senior staff.

The Northern Irishman came to the club from Sunday’s opponents Tottenham with a fine reputation at Academy level and only enhanced this with his successful spell as United’s Under-18s coach.

A promotion followed last summer to work alongside Michael Carrick at senior level and he has relished the increased focus and responsibility.

In his first interview since taking the role, the boyhood Reds fan outlined why he believes good times are around the corner for the club.

“I’ve found it a really good transition, to be honest,” he told MUTV in Dubai. “I think that, whether the players are 17 or 18 or senior internationals or top, top players, I think they want the same things. They want to be treated with respect and they want you to help them with their game and improve them as individuals, when the time is right. If you give them those things, you get a really good response from them. I have to say the players have been first class, with their attitude and willingness to learn. They are a really good bunch to work with and that has helped, of course.

”The staff around the team have also been a great help and I’m looking forward to kicking on now and a positive few years for the club. The dynamic of the staff has been great as Michael and I came straight in and it’s been a positive experience with us coming from different angles with different skills to bring different things to the table. Over the last couple of weeks, Ole [Gunnar Solskjaer] and Mike [Phelan] are coming in with different experiences and different skillsets so the chemistry and dynamic is really good at the moment. They’re enjoyable staff to work with.”

McKenna feels the blend of coaching experience is helping the Reds string together a run of good results with a visit to his former club Spurs on the horizon.

”I guess the ideal scenario within a staff is you all come with different skills,” he explained. “Michael has been a top, top player in the club, he knows it and the dressing room really well. I’m coming in from the angle of having a lot of years’ experience, even at a young age, working full time on the grass with the players, putting on sessions and trying to make players better. We bounce ideas off each other and feed off each other very well so the mix has been very good.

“[The time away from home] has been a new challenge but probably more for my wife than me. She’s fantastically supportive and there is a bit more travel involved and trips away. I’ve got great family support behind me and you don’t see the family as much over Christmas but, as staff, we’re so grateful as we all know it’s a privilege to work for this great club and never take it for granted. We just enjoy the journey along the way.

”Spurs are obviously a good side in good form, with stability after three or four years of the same manager and same players. They are in good condition but, although we’ve not been working together too long, this group of staff has had a fantastic start and everyone is really positive. We had a good Christmas period and it’s been really encouraging. We’ll benefit from having this week [in Dubai] behind us and, with the confidence the players have going into the game, we’ve got every chance of giving a good account of ourselves.”

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 11:36 PM   #2
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Kieran McKenna

Kieran McKenna saat masih aktif sebagai pemain Spurs

Old 12-01-2019, 09:56 PM   #3
Andi Istiabudi
manager

'NO CLUB IN THE WORLD HAS A BETTER TRADITION'

Manchester United first-team coach Kieran McKenna has underlined the importance of keeping the club’s tradition in promoting homegrown talent into the squad.

Youngsters James Garner, Angel Gomes, Tahith Chong and Mason Greenwood were part of the training camp in Dubai and will be hoping to catch the eye of caretaker manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, while learning from the Norwegian and his staff.

Chong became the Reds’ latest debutant when coming off the bench against Reading in the Emirates FA Cup, while Garner was also among the substitutes for the tie. Gomes has already enjoyed some game time under Solskjaer, while Greenwood bagged a hat-trick in the FA Youth Cup victory over Chelsea last month after being an unused sub in the Champions League tie at Valencia.

Having coached the Under-18s, McKenna is well placed to discuss the youth talent available at the club and he believes the production line is continuing in United’s best traditions.

”It’s definitely a massive part of the club,” he told MUTV. “No club in the world has got a better tradition of bringing youth-team players through to the first team. We’re all passionate for that to continue and Neil [Ryan] has come in and worked alongside the staff who were there last year and done a fantastic job so far.

“It’s a really good group, we’re all positive about, and want to keep pushing and developing the communication between the first team and Neil, Ricky [Sbragia], Nicky [Butt] and the Academy staff.

“It’s been really good, as has been seen with the likes of Mason, Jimmy, Tahith and Angel getting opportunities in squads this year, alongside the young professionals we have already got in there. It’s nice to see the pipeline continuing and it’s something we all wish for in the future.”

Young players can bring a vigour and fearless energy to any team, something that has been seen with the likes of Jesse Lingard and Marcus Rashford previously. The United style of play is something that McKenna has long respected.

“The way we've been playing is massively important for everyone - the staff, players and fans - we're all aware of the history of this club, its traditions and the style of football we want to adhere to,” acknowledged McKenna. “We've managed to give the supporters some of that, so far, in a short space of time, and I think the response has been really positive from that. We'll look to continue those traditions but all know it's a results industry and we have to be clever and good enough to adapt to different games to get a result on a one-off day.”

www.manutd.com
Old 21-05-2019, 04:52 PM   #4
Andi Istiabudi
manager

MCKENNA: UNITED COACHES COMPLEMENT EACH OTHER

Kieran McKenna feels the current composition of Manchester United’s coaching set-up is working well, with each person bringing something different to the table.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirmed earlier this week that our former Under-18s coach McKenna will continue to be a part of his backroom team next season.

A lifelong United fan whose playing career was curtailed by injury, Kieran embraces the challenge of improving as a coach every single day and believes each member of the staff has that attitude.

“I think that’s one of the main things as coaches that at this level you’re always looking at ways to improve yourself first of all,” McKenna told us at the club's recent awards night.

“Then come up with new ideas and keep things fresh and interesting for the players to make sure you keep challenging them.

“Obviously a lot of the players have been at the top level and are working at the top level so we need to make sure that we make things challenging for them and keep pushing them to try to get them to the next level – for themselves individually and try to get the team to the next level.

“I think we’ve got a wide range of experiences within the staff at the moment. I think myself, Ole, Mike, Michael, Demps and Emilio all come from completely different backgrounds and angles. I like to think we complement each other well and we all bring something to the table.”

After growing up with a passion for United, McKenna has a good feeling for what it takes to achieve success at Old Trafford.

“At Man United you have to be a team player,” he said.

“I think even the top players who’ve come through here are always guys who are prepared to sacrifice themselves for the team, and put the club and the team ahead of themselves.

“I think that’s the character we always want to see in players. We’ve had a lot of great players who’ve represented that really well.”

www.manutd.com
Old 16-02-2020, 04:56 PM   #5
Andi Istiabudi
manager

MCKENNA EXCLUSIVE: WHY SPAIN WAS SO IMPORTANT

Manchester United assistant coach Kieran McKenna has provided a fascinating insight into the meticulous planning and attention to detail that underpinned the squad’s successful warm-weather training camp in Spain, explaining exactly why the trip was so beneficial.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s squad returned from the Marbella Football Centre late on Friday afternoon after enjoying a week of galvanising, morale-boosting, sweat-inducing sessions on the continent.

In this exclusive interview with McKenna, conducted midway through the week, the Northern Irishman gave a great insight into the workouts and detailed the importance of tactically-minded conversations.

McKenna was also full of praise for the quality and experience that our January signing Bruno Fernandes is bringing to the squad, as you can read here…

Kieran, just to begin with, this is the first winter break in Premier League history, so how pleased are you that it has been introduced?
“Yeah, I think it should be a good benefit, not to just to ourselves but to all of the teams. But especially for us with the schedule we've had, which has been pretty relentless in terms of a game every three or four days, with some injuries as well, so it has been a really busy schedule. It's a chance to have a break, for the players to have some family time, and then to come somewhere like this to train should be really beneficial. And hopefully we will get some good work in and see the benefits in the next few months.”

It was interesting to see in the first week of the break that some of the lads spent time with their families, while others continued to train with members of the staff. What was the thinking there and how carefully was that planned?

“Yeah, very carefully, very much so. It is just about doing what is right for each individual. They are all at different stages. Some of them have had a clear run through the season with no injuries, have been available for the games and have played or trained a lot, while other boys have missed time over the course of the season and don't feel like they need, or even want, a break at this period in terms of training. So we looked at it across the board, everybody had a different week and we hope we managed to give everyone the best opportunity to get the right balance of relaxation, family time and maintaining fitness levels where appropriate.”

You've got six days out here in Spain, so how are you going to use this time and what are you looking to achieve?
“There are lots of different outcomes. Obviously, we have got Bruno with us as well, which is a big positive, so he did well to put his hand up and make himself available for the Wolves game, going straight into the team. It is a great chance for lads like him to come into the group and get to know the players better. Again, for the younger players, some of them have been around it for quite a bit now, but I still think it is a big opportunity to come away and train on a consistent week with the team to make an impression. And for the team, it has been such a run of fixtures every three days - I think this is the first time we haven't had a midweek game since August, so with the amount of recovery that they need we haven't had too many opportunities to train. This is the first time since the summer that we've had an opportunity to train as a whole squad for a run of days. It is the best time to work on things as a team, to tactically improve in and out of possession, on set-pieces, to get some good work in and individually there are lots of things we can get from it. As a team, it's a really good chance to work on some things as a collective.”

That tactical work is really fascinating for us to see and, speaking of Bruno, he obviously needs to learn how to play with the lads here, but is it also a case of the lads learning how to get the best out of him?
“Yes. As I say, it is a credit to him for coming in, putting his hand up straightaway and saying he wanted to go into the team for Wolves. It was a really positive start for him. It is the same process as all of the players. It is trying to find the right balance, playing in positions where they can complement each other, building relationships all over the pitch, so that players understand each other's games, where to pass and what runs different players make. That is part of the process with him this week. Thankfully, he is an experienced player, he has played in a lot of different positions and roles, so he is very versatile in that way, so it is obviously the manager's job and us as staff to find ways to make him settle into the team quickly. That is the same for all of the players really. It is a good chance to get some work in, work as a team, on patterns and some movements off the ball as well that will really bring out the best strengths in the individuals.”

Our average age is generally 22 or 23, depending on the selection, so is that tactical mindset also improving week by week, and is that something that can take a little bit of time to develop with such a young group?

“Yeah, it is just the experiences that you accumulate over time. We've all had a good chat with Bruno since he came in and you go through it. He's a young guy, but you speak to him about his experience in Italy with Udinese and Sampdoria, then in Portugal with Sporting, and the amount of matches that he has accumulated, the different players he's played with, the different systems he's played in, the different roles he's played in, his experience level is going to be a lot further down the line than guys who are 18, 19 and 20, and even the guys who are 21, 22 and 23. So, I think it is obviously a young group and that is nothing but a positive. It is certainly a group that will improve, will grow together, and they are picking up experiences all of the time, good and bad. They have obviously just been to a semi-final and lost narrowly to Man City and things like that are a massive for disappointment, but from all of these experiences as a group it is important they take the lessons from it, take the positives and learn from the experiences, to keep getting into semi-finals, finals and to find ways to win those games to hopefully win trophies for Man United.”

At what point will minds turn to that big game against Chelsea?
“I think that is more for the back end of the week. After having had the break, also with quite a lot of the boys who have played two games a week, they haven't had the time to work individually and technically on things they want to improve on, and also physically to get that sharpness from training, rather than the repetition of playing game after game. So in the first part of the week it is really important that the boys enjoy training together, they can work individually, without the pressure of thinking about the next game for a couple of days, but certainly as the week goes on we will turn minds very much towards Chelsea and preparing for that game.”

How is the mood in the squad ahead of a massive 10 or 12 weeks to come that will ultimately define the season?
“Yeah, I think that has been good all season. I don't think there can be questions about that. It is a good group. They've had ups and downs over the course of the season, but they have given a lot to the team, they have worked to a really high level and I don't think there are times when you can accuse them of quitting, or dropping their heads. They have shown character, they have shown resilience, they have tried their very best to bounce back from setbacks when they have come along, they have stepped up in some big games and big moments, so I think the character and the spirit of the group is strong. That is something that will only grow in the short and long term, with some good characters in there, some experienced players and also a good nucleus of young players who want to improve, grow and be part of the club for a long time to come.”

Finally, the Premier League is always the priority at United and everyone's determined to get into that top four, but we also have the massive incentives of the cups and realistic opportunities to win trophies. Just how important for development would silverware be for this young group?
“It would be massive. Everyone is very determined to make that happen. We can say it is a young group and one that has to grow, but it is Man United and everyone wants to be part of trophy-winning teams. That would be a big step. It's a group that is growing in experience. Last season, we had two quarter-finals where they came up short against Barcelona in the Champions League and obviously in the FA Cup. The first cup competition this season, we have just lost to Manchester City over the course of two legs, 3-2, so they are gaining some experiences. We have a couple of players in the group who have won trophies, but for a lot of the group they haven't been to semi-finals, or finals, or competing for league titles, so they are only going to benefit from putting themselves to play in big games, in big semi-finals, in big finals, and when you get to those stages you want to win them. For the growth of the team, it is about the process of getting to those big matches, understanding what it takes to win them and the more they go through those experiences, the more likely they are to win trophies.”

www.manutd.com
Old 24-04-2020, 07:02 AM   #6
Andi Istiabudi
manager

MCKENNA EXPLAINS UNITED HAVE PLANS A, B AND C

Assistant coach Kieran McKenna has revealed Manchester United staff are working towards the hope that the COVID-19 lockdown could be eased in May, with a view to returning to training, although plans B and C have also been prepared in case the period of isolation is extended for a second time.

During his appearance on our daily MUTV Group Chat programme, the Northern Irishman explains how the squad is following government guidelines and adhering to protocol while working from home.

McKenna stresses that health is more important than sport at this time and resources must not be taken away from the community when they’re needed most. However, with the discussion of football’s return evolving every day, Kieran says everybody at United is determined to complete this 2019/20 campaign and plans are being put into action to ensure the players will be ready.

Watch the full show below, or scroll further down to read Kieran’s comments...

Firstly Kieran, in a normal day, how often are you in touch with the staff and players?

“Yeah, pretty much every day in some form or another. Obviously we have got a big staff and a big playing squad, so it's important to keep in touch. Every day, we are in touch with the players. I will contact some and the other staff will contact others. There are regular sessions going on with the fitness coaches, on different online platforms, so we'll all jump into that as well. Coaching-wise, we are having quite a few online conferences as well to discuss different things. There is communication on a daily basis, really. It is maybe not quite as much as when we are living on top of each other for 11 months of the year, we are keeping up plenty of contact.”

We can see what the players are doing on their social media, so does each player have their own personal plan?

“Yeah they all have their own plan, like they would throughout the year anyway in terms of their gym and rehabilitation, and some of their physical aspects as well. On top of that, there is group stuff, so group sections that everyone has to log into. We are actually in a period where we are just coming off them a little bit - they have worked really hard for four weeks of the lockdown so far, so we don't want to flat-line with working hard for too long, over a long period with hard runs and things like that. We are having a little period, at the minute, where they are coming off it a little bit, just doing what they need individually, and then over the next couple of weeks we will ramp it up against with more specific stuff, and more formal work together as a whole group.”

Is it difficult to prepare the players when you just don't know when we need to ramp it up?

“It is not easy. All you can do is take your guess of the guidelines and the lockdown protocol. We have tried to work in two-week blocks, so they've had two weeks of work and then the lockdown was extended. We've adapted to that because that was something we expected anyway. At the moment, we are working towards, touch wood, the lockdown loosening after the next deadline and being able to return to some sort of training. We are working to that schedule at the moment but, if we have to push back again, we have got a plan B and plan C already prepared.”

Everybody is reflecting during these weeks of lockdown, so can that lead to you thinking about new coaching methods and tactical plans?

“Yeah, definitely. I think anybody from all of the clubs would say it is massively valuable. You just don't get time during the season, too often, to take stock of what you're doing yourself, because you have got a game every three or four days. We have a little bit of time at the moment to watch back some of our games, some of our training, to think forward to what might be possible in the future for ourselves. We are hopefully going to have a full squad of players to work with, whenever we come back, in terms of injured boys coming back. So you are thinking about how we can re-integrate them, what the squad might look like with them boys back in and how we might look on the pitch.”

On that point, we'll hopefully have Marcus Rashford and Paul Pogba available again, in particular. We could look incredibly strong...

“Yeah, it would be nice. Obviously, those are two massively talented players who you are talking about and we have not really had them all season. Luke [Shaw] and Anthony [Martial] were picking up injuries in the first half of the season, with Scott [McTominay] picking up injuries, all missing most of the season, and obviously Marcus being a big miss as well, so we haven't really had a full complement to pick from all season. The rest of the squad deserves credit and Ole for how he has managed that, and for managing to keep the group together. If we can get to a point where we get everybody back in, then it's certainly good competition for places in some positions, and also a chance to rotate, which we haven't always had the possibility to do, to give people a breather and manage the squad that way.”

What is your personal stance on the finishing of this present season?

“To be honest, we are in a similar position to the general public where everyone is just waiting for the government protocols, and for the health workers to assess the situation and give us the all clear. From a personal point of view, and from speaking to the other staff and players, everyone is keen to play and everyone wants to finish the competitions. For us, we are still in a couple of cup competitions with a good shout, and we are still fighting for things in the league as well, so we would like to get it played and that is what everyone is hoping for. But, again, everybody is in the same boat - health is the most important thing, we can't take big risks, we can't take away resources from other parts of the community that need it more. We'd like to get it played, we have to be ready, but we also know that football is massively important,, but it is not the most important thing in the country, or the world, at this time. We have to take a backseat and be ready.”

Just looking at the games we have left, it will get to a point where the season is going to roll into when next season should start. Is there any talk with the Premier League or the FA to cancel the FA Cup or League Cup next season?

“I think everyone is probably aware that the league has to take precedence in terms of if there was a limited timescale. That is something that has been discussed. Obviously the FA Cup is important for the country and important for us as a club as well. The schedule is looking tight towards the end of the season. It seems the European competitions are really keen to start in August as well. So that probably tightens the schedule a little bit. There is probably a feeling that everybody would like to get next season played in full and up and running at a reasonable time, where we could look forward to a full season of football next year. There are a lot of things to consider and it is not going to be an easy job for the people who put it together. I am sure, whichever way it comes out in the wash, it will maybe advantage or disadvantage certain clubs, or something people will be more happy than others. I think everyone has to be prepared to make sacrifices and think about the greater good, of the community first of all, and football after that.”

When the lads come back, would it be a pre-season or just 10 days when you try to get back up to speed?

“There are certain elements that you have to look at as an off-season, really, because of the amount of time the boys have been off. Coming back from an off-season of anything from three to eight weeks, the players will have a six, seven, eight run-in. But, at the moment, they are maintaining a higher level of fitness and certainly training at a higher level than an off-season, so we don't there to be too much of a drop-off in terms of fitness and general conditioning. At the moment, we are working off the premise that we'll have a short window of training, maybe three weeks or so, before we return. We're trying to get the boys to a point where they are coming back into those three weeks, fit enough and can go straight back into 11 versus 11, so we can use that time for tactical work and match fitness. We know the boys are doing a lot of individual work at the moment that should account for their base level of fitness being in a good state when they come back.”

We’ve said every time on this programme that football really doesn’t matter in the current situation, but it must have been frustrating to end when we did, when everything had seemed to have clicked, scoring goals, not conceding any, 11 unbeaten?

“Yeah it is, in a way. We were on a good run and the group was confident. When it’s like that you want the games to keep coming thick and fast, which they were at that time. Yeah, it is frustrating in a way, but, again, I said it before we feel as a staff and I think, even the players within the club, feel like a run of good form was coming. Obviously, the winter break helped and the training that we got out in Marbella, plus also Bruno [Fernandes] and Odion [Ighalo] coming in, giving the group a big boost, but we also feel like there was some good work going on before that with the players that were in the squad. There was a good structure, a good set-up, a good ethic in the group for those boys to drop into. Our hope is that it wasn’t a one-off run of good form that comes to an end and we won’t be able to match again. We’re hoping that we’re putting the right things in place, getting the right people in the door and having the right structures and a good consistent set-up will enable us to be more consistent in the future, because we know that’s what we need to do and where we need to get to. We hope to come out of the break in a stronger way, continue some of the things that have been going on, that we feel have contributed to that run of good form and we’ll be hopeful that we can pick it up again whenever we get going.”

It can’t be easy joining a new club in January, but goodness me what an impact those guys have had in such a short space of time?

“Yeah they did, and look, they’ve had massive credit and they deserve massive credit, so I think they’ve both had a big impact in their own way. Obviously Bruno’s been a big positive. The fans have taken to him, the players have taken to him and the staff as well. He’s a great professional, a good person and a great person to have around. Odion has come in and, you know, it’s been well publicised, his passion and love for the club and that’s endeared him to a lot of people straight off the bat, but also he’s a proven goalscorer and he gives something a little bit different and adds good experience to our forward line. They’ve both had a big impact individually, but, like I said, I think the other boys deserve credit as well for how they’ve settled in. I think, traditionally, it’s very hard for boys to come into a club and hit the ground running, so I don’t think it’s a case that those two have been able to do it by themselves. I think it’s testament to the group, to the spirit, to the work that’s gone on with the staff behind the scenes as well to have a good structure and good set-up in place that if they bring the right players in, like those two, it helps them to hit the ground running and show their best form pretty quickly. So it’s been a big boost, so big credit to them, but I think big credit to the rest of the lads as well.”

www.manutd.com
Old 06-10-2021, 10:51 AM   #7
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Man United 'are in talks with Michael Carrick and Kieran McKenna over new three-year deals' as club look to tie down more of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's backroom team after Mike Phelan signed a new contract until 2024

* Man United looking to seal Michael Carrick and Kieran McKenna to new deals
* Sportsmail exclusively revealed that assistant Mike Phelan signed new contract
* Moves that underline the club's commitment to manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
* The Red Devils boss has come under intensifying scrutiny after poor results

Manchester United are reportedly in the process of tying down two more of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's backroom staff to new contracts.

Sportsmail exclusively revealed on Monday night that the Red Devils have given assistant manager Mike Phelan a new deal in a move that underlines the club's commitment to under-fire boss Solskjaer.

And now United are in negotiations with coaches Michael Carrick and Kieran McKenna over fresh terms, according to the Manchester Evening News.

Man United reportedly in talks with Michael Carrick (L) and Kieran McKenna (R) over new deals. Mike Phelan was given new deal in move that underlines commitment to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

The report claims that discussions are taking place between the club and both members of the backroom team over new three-year deals.

Should Carrick and McKenna put pen to paper on the proposed terms, their contracts will move in line with Solskjaer's and Phelan's, with the duo at Old Trafford until 2024.

Solskjaer agreed a new three-year deal at the club in July which includes an option to extend it by a further year.

Solskjaer and his backroom staff were appointed on a caretaker basis in December 2018

The Norwegian and his backroom team were appointed on a caretaker basis to replace Jose Mourinho in December 2018 before he was made permanent manager in March 2019 on a three-year deal.

However, he has come under increasing pressure in recent weeks after embarrassing home defeats by Aston Villa in the league, West Ham in the Carabao Cup and at Swiss minnows Young Boys in the Champions League.

The scrutiny has intensified over the international break after Everton held United to a 1-1 draw at Old Trafford at the weekend.

But Phelan's deal and potential new contracts for Carrick and McKenna are a show of support for Solskjaer.

The manager was heavily backed by the United hierarchy in the summer transfer window with Cristiano Ronaldo (£19.8m), Raphael Varane (£41million) and Jadon Sancho (£73m) all arriving.

Solskjaer is yet to win a trophy during his reign as manager at United, who are in fourth place in the Premier League table, following their agonising Europa League final penalty shoot-out defeat by Villarreal last season.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10060789/Man-United-talks-Michael-Carrick-Kieran-McKenna-new-deals.html
Old 17-12-2021, 08:42 AM   #8
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Manchester United first-team coach Kieran McKenna is named as the new Ipswich boss on a three-and-a-half year deal, becoming the second member of Ralf Rangnick's backroom staff to leave after Michael Carrick

* Kieran McKenna has agreed a deal to become the new manager of Ipswich
* The 35-year-old has now left Ralf Rangnick's backroom staff at Man United
* He was brought to Old Trafford by Jose Mourinho and stayed for Solskjaer's reign
* Fellow United first-team coach Martyn Pert will be joining him at Portman Road

Manchester United first-team coach Kieran McKenna has left Old Trafford to take over as manager at Ipswich Town.

United gave McKenna permission to speak to the League One club about replacing Paul Cook, who was sacked last week, and he was confirmed on a three-and-a-half year deal late on Thursday night.

He becomes the third member of United's senior coaching team to depart in the space of a month after Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was axed and Michael Carrick left the club after stepping in as caretaker boss for three games.

McKenna, who will get down to work in his new job from Monday, said: 'I'd like to thank Mark Ashton and the owners for putting their faith in me and Martyn to take the club forward.

'Leaving a club like Manchester United was obviously a difficult decision, but I strongly believe in the opportunity to build something here.

'It feels like the right time, project and club to make my first step into first-team management.

'For now, the focus for the team has to be on a huge game on Saturday. After that, I cannot wait to meet everyone and get to work.'

Kieran McKenna is in advanced talks to become the new manager of League One Ipswich Town. McKenna is the second coach to leave Manchester United following Ralf Rangnick's appointment as interim boss last month

The 35-year-old Northern Irishman is taking United's strength and conditioning coach Martyn Pert with him to Portman Road.

McKenna has been assisting interim manager Ralf Rangnick, but the German has appointed his own first-team coach in Chris Armas and also brought in sports psychologist Sascha Lense.

The Blues had spoken to former Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes about the vacant position at Portman Road but have gone with McKenna.

'Kieran is a highly-respected young coach who has been working at the top level of English football and with one of the biggest clubs in world football for a number of years in Manchester United,' Ashton said.

'He comes to the Club with pedigree within the game and with exciting plans about how he is going to take the team forward. When we met, there was a clear meeting of minds in terms of how we will execute the vision of this football club.'

McKenna was brought to United by Jose Mourinho in 2016 and was part of Solskjaer's coaching staff.

However, a dismal run of results against some of United's biggest rivals saw Solskjaer sacked, leading to the club to appoint Rangnick as the interim boss last month.

McKenna remained on the first team coaching staff under the German. The Northern Irishman was known for his intense training sessions with the players under Solskjaer and is now looking to take his coaching methods that step further.

McKenna, 35, had his playing career cut short by injury and began coaching at Tottenham Hotspur's academy and with their youth teams.

McKenna was highly rated at United for his work in developing young players out of the club's academy into the first team set-up.

Ipswich had been on the hunt for a new boss after sacking Cook last month before naming John McGreal as their interim boss shortly after.

Meanwhile, teenage forward Anthony Elanga will sign a new long-term contract at United after featuring in the squad for Rangnick's first three games.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10317595/Manchester-United-team-coach-Kieran-McKenna-set-named-new-Ipswich-Town-boss.html
kirain Ipswich ada di Championship, ternyata ada diposisi 12 League 1, semoga ditangan McKenna bisa cepat promosi lagi ke PL
Old 23-09-2022, 09:36 AM   #9
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'It's the reason I'm here': Ambitious young Ipswich manager Kieran McKenna is inspired by Sir Bobby Robson's legendary Portman Road team as the former Man United assistant looks to take them back to the highest level

* Ipswich Town manager Kieran McKenna full of praise for the history of the club
* McKenna is hoping to help Ipswich climb back into the Premier League
* Ipswich is the first club that McKenna has managed in his short coaching career
* The Northern Irishman has previous experience at Man United at Tottenham

Outside the manager's office hangs a large framed print of Sir Bobby Robson smiling as he cradles the UEFA Cup and reminding Kieran McKenna each time he opens his door of the footsteps he follows.

Around the corner, another image features Robson's wonderful team packed with talent and the familiar faces of legends such as Terry Butcher, John Wark and Mick Mills.

Forty years have passed since these glorious times and not everyone finds it useful to cling to the past, but McKenna politely declined the chance to have the photographs taken down when appointed Ipswich Town boss.

'It's the reason we are playing in front of a full house at Portman Road,' said McKenna, who, having graduated through the coaching ranks of Tottenham and Manchester United, will appreciate the power of history when harnessed properly.

Northern Ireland's Kieran McKenna was appointed manager of Ipswich Town in December. There is a print of Sir Bobby Robson cradling the UEFA Cup outside of McKenna's office

'It's the reason we have been taken over by ambitious American owners. It's because of the success, and the managers and players who have been through here. They have shown the potential, what this club can do and where it can get to when it's all going in the right direction.

'It's the reason I'm here, the reason the players are here. Everyone has the hunger to bring the club back to the highest level and we have to embrace it, take pride in the past while knowing we have to move forward, modernise all areas.'

Ipswich, finally, are stirring. They have languished outside the Premier League for 20 years and are embarking upon their fourth successive season in League One but hope has been rekindled since a US-based consortium called Gamechanger 20 bought the club in April last year.

They have invested in new players and sit top after nine games, still unbeaten as they prepare for Sunday's clash at third-placed Plymouth Argyle, and their 36-year-old manager is earning a fine reputation.

The Northern Irishman was linked with the vacancy at Brighton before they opted for Roberto De Zerbi to succeed Graham Potter.

Mckenna (left) had coaching experience at Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur. McKenna worked with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and with Ralf Rangnick at Man United. McKenna was linked with the job at Brighton before manager Roberto De Zerbi was appointed

'It hasn't felt like a big step,' McKenna told Sportsmail, 10 months into his first managerial role. 'It was always the goal from the start of my coaching career at 22. I had the path from that moment and pretty much wrote it down and discussed it. The end goal was always to move into management. As a lead coach at big academies, you are managing players and staff, and building your playing style. A lot of the roles are similar and you develop confidence.

'I've had the exposure at Manchester United, the biggest club in the world, with world-class players in the latter stages of the Champions League and upper echelons of the Premier League.

'Coming to Ipswich as a manager for the first time, you are in front of the media and the face of the club at times, but day-to-day it's felt very similar and very natural. It feels like the right time, with the right preparation behind me. I feel fully ready for everything that's coming my way.' McKenna's coaching career began on crutches when a second major operation on a chronic hip problem ended a promising playing career at Spurs, where he made his way through the youth ranks with Jamie O'Hara, now on talkSPORT, and reality TV star Mark Wright.

'That age group have done better in the media than we did on the pitch,' smiled McKenna.

But when he finished playing at Tottenham, he found immediate support and encouragement from academy bosses Alex Inglethorpe, now Liverpool's academy director, and John McDermott, now the FA's technical director. They invited him to start his coaching journey in the academy until he left for three years to study sports science at Loughborough University, during which time he coached the university teams and Nottingham Forest's Under 10s and Under 11s.

Summers were spent in the USA coaching a college team in New York, and in Canada at Vancouver Whitecaps he was involved from the Under 10s to first-team level. So by the time he returned to Spurs to coach the Under 18s and establish the club's academy analysis department, McKenna boasted a wealth of experience.

In 2016, an approach to coach the Under 18s at Old Trafford was too good to turn down for a young man who grew up supporting Manchester United in County Fermanagh. Two years later, when Jose Mourinho's long-serving assistant Rui Faria quit, he was promoted to the first-team staff and went on to fulfil a more prominent role under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and worked briefly with Ralf Rangnick until the move to Suffolk in December.

'It was a great experience,' said McKenna. 'I was really proud at such a young age to be involved in some big victories against some of the best teams and best managers in the world.

McKenna has made a promising start to life at Ipswich, who are top of League one. McKenna is hoping to help Ipswich Town climb back up the English football ladder

'There were big losses and disappointing days along the way but if you work at that level, every result is a fantastic win or an absolute crisis. The scrutiny is off the scale because it's the most successful club in British football and the most widely supported worldwide.'

Solskjaer and Michael Carrick have been to Ipswich games to support McKenna, who has a strong former United presence running through his backroom team. Assistant manager Martyn Pert, first-team coach Lee Grant and head of recruitment Sam Williams are among those who followed him from Old Trafford to Portman Road.

'I have my own goals, my own beliefs, my own values and I stick to them,' said McKenna. 'I have good contacts but I like to work with my own judgment, think things through and try to be authentic and true, and see where it takes me. Your journey in football is unique. You can't plot it out. The best thing to do is to try and improve yourself, focus on the areas where you can get better, try to help the club you are at to develop and improve, play well and win games.

'After that, football will take you where it takes you. The best thing to do is try to enjoy that journey.'

At Ipswich, they hope it can take them back into the Premier League. 'I've enjoyed working at that level and it's somewhere I feel comfortable,' said McKenna. 'It's certainly an aspiration to manage at that level and something I feel I'm capable of.

'The ownership group want the club back in the Premier League. That's their stated goal and that filters down. It's a fantastic ambition, one we all share, but it's the fourth season for Ipswich in League One without being anywhere close to a serious promotion push so everyone is well grounded in the realities of how difficult this league is.

'There's no guarantees that because you are Ipswich Town or Derby County or because you have history and a big supporter base you will win games. It's going to be nothing other than hard work that gets us there.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11240833/Its-reason-Im-Ipswich-manager-Kieran-McKenna-inspired-Sir-Bobby-Robsons-team.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 5
Andi Istiabudi, red amy, rio vander vidic, Riskur, zudomiriku