United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 08-10-2021, 09:56 AM   #331
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jesse Lingard

Jesse Lingard insists he is NOT worried about his lack of game time at Manchester United and believes he can still make England's World Cup squad as a player at Old Trafford

* Jesse Lingard has made the England squad despite his game time at Man United
* The midfielder is yet to start a Premier League game for the Red Devils this term
* Lingard believes he can still make next year's World Cup squad as a United star
* The United man has defended the form of club and England pal Jadon Sancho

Jesse Lingard is not panicking about his limited playing time and insists he can still make the World Cup squad as a Manchester United player.

Gareth Southgate has always been a huge admirer of the midfielder but omitted him from his European Championship plans at the last minute. Lingard only started playing regularly last season after joining West Ham on loan in January and things would have been different had he played a full campaign.

West Ham failed in a bid to sign him permanently and his opportunities have been limited since returning to Old Trafford. His sole start was against West Ham in the Carabao Cup, with five additional substitute appearances.

It is a contrast to his England situation — he started against Andorra last month and scored twice in the 4-0 home win.

Yet Southgate has made it clear that to be in the England team, no matter how highly individuals are regarded, players need regular starts. Lingard has taken the message on board but insists there is no need to consider a move, with the World Cup still 13 months away.

‘The World Cup is a long way away but you need regular football,’ said Lingard. ‘I was so close to going to the Euros — it’s a big factor. If you’re playing over 20, 25 games, you’re knocking on the door. I think it plays a big part in that.

‘I’m not doing any harm at the moment if I keep performing well. You never know what might happen, I keep confident in myself and when I get time on the pitch, I’ve got to carry on doing what I’m doing.

The United midfielder (second right) is yet to start a Premier League game for the Red Devils. Lingard also defended the form of United and England team-mate Jadon Sancho

‘Of course, I want to be playing and helping the team but I’ve not done any harm (to my England chances). With whatever minutes I get, I do my best. That’s the only thing I’m concentrating on.’

Lingard was always going to be in this squad for the qualifiers against Andorra and Hungary but the same could not be said for Jadon Sancho, whom Southgate thought about leaving out after a tough start to life in Manchester.

‘We all know Jadon’s world class,’ Lingard stressed. ‘He’s one of the best young talents in the world. At a big club like Manchester United, it is always going to be pressure.

‘But Jadon is a professional and he’s slowly adapting. There have been glimpses of that in the previous games that he’s played. We can see that in training week in, week out. There’s no doubt he’ll succeed, I have full confidence in that.’

It is five years since Lingard won his first cap in what was Southgate’s first game in charge — a 2-0 win over Malta at Wembley. England have since made huge strides but the idea that they have reached their ceiling is not something the squad will consider.

‘We knew it would take a little bit of time but we were always building up to the World Cup,’ said Lingard. ‘Russia was just a start. Making the Euros final was another huge step. But we want to be No 1 in the world and win trophies. With the progression so far, we’re on track for that.’

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10070651/Jesse-Lingard-reveals-not-worried-lack-game-time-Manchester-United-season.html
Old 15-10-2021, 10:55 AM   #332
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Jesse Lingard reveals Jose Mourinho would make 'random FaceTime calls' to his Manchester United players to check in on them as he opens up on his former manager's caring side

* Jesse Lingard has opened up on 'random FaceTime calls' from Jose Mourinho
* No manager has given Lingard more minutes than the former Man United boss
* Lingard, 28, says that Mourinho would call because he cared about his stars
* The Englishman revealed how Bruno Fernandes helped him regain his 'aura'

Jesse Lingard has opened up on 'random FaceTime calls' with Jose Mourinho as the Manchester United star revealed how support from Bruno Fernandes helped him regain his 'aura' on the pitch.

Lingard, 28, has enjoyed a sensational 2021, with a strong loan spell at West Ham seeing the creative midfielder earn a recall to Gareth Southgate's England squad, while Barcelona and AC Milan are reportedly monitoring the United star.

It has been some turnaround for the Englishman. Lingard enjoyed a strong couple of seasons at United under Mourinho, before injuries and personal issues derailed his career and put him on the outskirts of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's plans.

And Lingard has revealed that Mourinho - who now manages Italian side Roma - would check in on him using FaceTime as he opened up on their 'good relationship'.

Jesse Lingard has opened up on 'random FaceTime calls' with former boss Jose Mourinho

'Me and Jose had a good relationship generally, though, I have to say,' Lingard told The Players' Tribune. 'He was good to me. Before all the injury stuff, he trusted me, put me in for important games. We won trophies and he made me a winner. He could just bring out that side in you.

'He also liked to have a personal connection with his players. Sometimes I'd look at my phone and I'd be getting a random FaceTime from him. Just out of nowhere — just to check in.'

Lingard has played more games under Mourinho - 107 - than any other manager, and explained how the unusual FaceTime calls showed that he cared about his players.

'I used to find it so strange at first. He'd call and be like, "Hey Jesse, what are you doing?" And I'd be like, "Erm, just chilling, watching TV … (awkward silence) … what are you doing?" Hahaha!

'I found it funny. And, to be fair, it showed how much he cared about us. But in terms of injuries, yeah, it was tough, because he didn't want to hear it.'

Just 12 months ago, the forecast looked bleak for Lingard. The 28-year-old was unfancied by Solskjaer and he played limited minutes for United in the first half of the 2020-21 campaign. Lingard said how family believed he had lost his 'aura'.

No manager gave Lingard more games than Mourinho and he won two trophies under the boss. Lingard, 28, said Mourinho would FaceTime his players because he cared about them. The Englishman endured a difficult couple of seasons and was blighted by injury problems

'Not playing only made things worse. But when I finally did play, even when I was fit again … I wasn't me,' he revealed. 'My family kept coming to games, but they couldn't even watch me. They were like, "This ain't you. This ain't your aura". Games were passing me by like I wasn't there. Like a ghost.'

Lingard's limited playing time at United was not helped by the arrival of Bruno Fernandes, who made an instant impact following his £68million switch from Sporting Lisbon. Yet Lingard explained how the Portuguese's positivity spurred him on while out on loan with the Hammers.

'Bruno Fernandes referred to me as the "best player in the Premier League" in an interview with United … me!! Can you believe that?!? That's coming from Bruno!

'I've got a lot of love for Bruno. He was dropping me messages of support throughout my loan. To get that recognition from someone at his level was just amazing.

Lingard revealed how Bruno Fernandes' positivity helped him regain his confidence. The Portugal star would send Lingard messages of support while he was on loan at West Ham

'I wasn't overachieving, though. What you saw at West Ham was the player I can be when everything is coming together. Let's say it was an upgraded version of the old Jesse Lingard. Jesse 2.0.'

Lingard is yet to get a consistent run of games for United since returning from East London, but has delivered when required by Solskjaer. He has scored two goals in six games, and believes that he has returned a 'mature' person.

'When I came back to United, I felt like a different person,' he added. 'I'm more mature, more confident. I'm taking more responsibility. To be fair, I've got to credit David Moyes and the West Ham lads for that. Cheers for everything, boys.

'I've been so excited about this season. It might sound like a funny thing to say when you've been at a club all your life, but I have really wanted to show people what I can do.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10091867/Jose-Mourinho-make-random-FaceTime-calls-Manchester-United-players.html
Old 19-11-2021, 08:19 AM   #333
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Jesse Lingard wants to QUIT Man United in January on loan before leaving on a free next summer... with Barcelona and AC Milan interested in wantaway star as he looks for regular football ahead of the 2022 World Cup

* Jesse Lingard's Manchester United contract expires at the end of the season
* Lingard has rejected talks of a new deal after being unhappy at proposed terms
* The 28-year-old wants to go out on loan in the January transfer window
* Barcelona and AC Milan are among the midfielder's suitors for next summer
* England midfielder is desperate to play at Qatar 2022 after his Euros omission

Jesse Lingard wants to leave Manchester United in January after abandoning contract talks with the club.

Lingard rejected United's offer in October, which is understood to have been worth less than his current deal at Old Trafford, and the 28-year-old has no plans to re-open negotiations.

Lingard would prefer to go out on loan again in January - having enjoyed a successful spell at West Ham in the second half of last season - and then end a 22-year association with United when his contract runs out at the end of June.

He will be able to leave as a free agent in the summer and can open talks with foreign clubs from January 1 having already attracted strong interest from Barcelona and AC Milan. A representative from Lingard's camp is thought to have travelled to Spain for talks with clubs last week.

Jesse Lingard wants to quit Manchester United and is seeking a loan move first in January. Lingard has just months left on his current deal and has rejected talks over signing a new one. An exit would end a 22-year association with the Red Devils but Lingard wants regular football

United rebuffed enquiries from six teams last summer and Lingard stayed at Old Trafford after he was given assurances over more playing time by manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

However, he has made just one start - in the Carabao Cup against West Ham in September - and spent more time on the pitch for England than he has for United.

Lingard's opportunities have been limited by the summer signings of Cristiano Ronaldo and Jadon Sancho, and he is said to be particularly upset that Daniel James was picked ahead of him at the start of the season even though the Wales winger was about to join Leeds United for £30million.

Lingard has been offered little playing time under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - despite his promises. The 28-year-old midfielder is desperate to play at Qatar 2022 after missing out on the Euros

Lingard has scored twice in his five Premier League appearances as a substitute this term, continuing the impressive form that brought nine goals and six assists in 16 league games for West Ham.

He was at fault when United conceded a late goal to Young Boys in the Champions League, but made amends by coming on to set up Ronaldo's winner in the next Group F tie against Villarreal.

However, the lack of game time for United - 154 minutes in total compared to 169 minutes for England - cost him a place in Gareth Southgate's squad for the recent World Cup qualifiers against Albania and San Marino.

Lingard is desperate to play at Qatar 2022 after missing out on the Euros, and has come to the conclusion that leaving United in search of regular first-team football is the only option.

Meanwhile, Spain's anti-violence commission has designated United's Champions League return with Villarreal on Tuesday as 'high risk'.

Extra police will be drafted in from Valencia for the clash between the top two teams in the group, who also met in last season's Europa League final in Gdansk.

United were fined £7,050 by UEFA after their supporters threw objects and invaded the pitch in the first game at Old Trafford, and Villarreal's 23,500-seater Estadio de la Ceramica is sold out.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10217555/Manchester-United-Jesse-Lingard-wants-QUIT-January-loan-leaving-free.html
Old 21-12-2021, 08:25 AM   #334
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Jesse Lingard 'will STAY at Manchester United in January in a bid to force his way into interim boss Ralf Rangnick's plans' despite wanting to QUIT Old Trafford under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

* Jesse Lingard's Manchester United contract expires at the end of the season
* From January he is eligible to sign a pre-contract with any club from overseas
* A new report has detailed that Lingard will fight for his place at United in January
* He has made just eight Premier League appearances this season, all as a sub

Jesse Lingard is ready to stay at Manchester United in January and fight for his place under interim boss Ralf Rangnick, according to a new report.

The 29-year-old has found himself as a spare part at Old Trafford so far in this campaign, making just eight Premier League appearances, all off the bench.

That led to calls for a move away in January but the Athletic have detailed that Lingard, who is out of contract at United at the end of the current season, is prepared to see out his deal and stay with United next month.

In November, Sportsmail reported that it was Lingard's decision to quit United in January in search of regular football.

He had rejected an offer of an extension in October and amid interest from Barcelona and AC Milan on the continent, was keen to have a fresh start elsewhere.

Lingard is desperate to be selected by England for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar and knows he needs regular minutes between now and next November to convince boss Gareth Southgate.

But the latest report has suggested a shift in mentality under Rangnick, who arrived to replace the axed Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Jesse Lingard (left) has reportedly decided to fight for his place at Man United in January. Lingard has failed to make a single start in the Premier League for United so far this season. Interim boss Ralf Rangnick is looking to trim a bloated squad in the winter transfer window

Lingard impressed out on loan at West Ham for the second half of last season and there was an expectation he would return to Manchester United with a more prominent role on the horizon.

It has not transpired as such and his only two starts so far this season came in the Carabao Cup and a recent Champions League dead rubber against Young Boys.

Lingard is able to sign a pre-contract agreement with clubs overseas as early as January 1 but with the report stating that the midfielder is ready to fight for his place, he is not expected to make a call on his future until closer to his contract's expiry.

Having made a lasting impression at West Ham - where he scored nine goals across 16 matches - there will be plenty of interest in Lingard if he does become available on a free.

Talks over a fresh deal to remain at United were ongoing at the start of the year but those are said to have stopped now and there are no plans scheduled to address the situation in the near future.

West Ham boss David Moyes was interested in securing a permanent deal for Lingard following his loan, only to be priced out.

But recently he addressed the United midfielder's lack of game-time and spoke of his disappointment.

'I can't really talk about him because he's a Manchester United player and it's not for me to talk,' Moyes said, earlier this month.

'But he was really good for us. Jesse knows what we all think of him here. My disappointment for Jesse would be, I think he's such a talented football player and he's not playing.

'He played a big part in our second half of last season. But you'd have to give credit to the players here, they've moved on without Jesse.

'People might have thought Jesse made a difference here. But the players have moved on and stepped to another level themselves.

'But I've got to say, Jesse was a big part of that.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10328291/Manchester-United-Jesse-Lingard-STAY-January-fight-place.html
Old 07-01-2022, 09:35 AM   #335
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Jack Wilshere urges Jesse Lingard NOT to leave Manchester United for West Ham in January despite his lack of football under Ralf Rangnick... as he tells the forgotten midfielder to remember he is still at a 'BIG CLUB'

* Jesse Lingard thrived on loan at West Ham in the second half of last season
* He decided against returning last summer to stay at Manchester United
* The 29-year-old has fallen out of favour under new United boss Ralf Rangnick
* But Jack Wilshere has warned Lingard against leaving to rejoin the Hammers

Jack Wilshere has warned Jesse Lingard against leaving Manchester United to rejoin West Ham this month - urging the forgotten star to remember he is at a 'big club'.

Lingard revived his career on loan at West Ham in the second half of last season, scoring nine goals in 16 appearances to help David Moyes' men secure Europa League qualification.

The Hammers were keen to bring him back permanently last summer, yet in the end he chose to stay and fight for his place at Old Trafford instead.

After featuring eight times under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer before his sacking in November, the 29-year-old has since been afforded just 11 minutes of Premier League action under successor Ralf Rangnick, plunging his United future back into doubt.

Talk of a potential return to West Ham has therefore resurfaced in January, but Wilshere believes Lingard should stay put in Manchester.

'I think after the six months he had at West Ham, he probably thought he was going to get a chance (at Man United). He probably deserved a chance,' the ex-Arsenal midfielder told talkSPORT.

Jack Wilshere has warned Jesse Lingard against leaving Manchester United to rejoin West Ham. Lingard revived his career on loan with the Hammers in the second half of last season. And amid a lack of football under new United boss Ralf Rangnick he is being tipped to return. But Wilshere has told Lingard to remember he is at a 'big club' when contemplating his future

'It'll be interesting to see what happens (in) this window. He probably deserves to play, he'll feel he deserves to play.

'The grass ain't always greener. I had this a few times at Arsenal with players who didn't want to be there.

'Sometimes you need to sit back and look at how lucky you are to be at a big club like that and the fans…

'Alright, they're not challenging but it's still a big club and teams go there and are intimidated by that. To be on that side of the fence rather than going to them places makes a massive difference.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10376429/Manchester-United-Jesse-Lingard-scrap-West-Ham-return-stay-big-club-says-Wilshere.html
Old 04-02-2022, 08:22 AM   #336
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United outcast Jesse Lingard hits back at Ralf Rangnick's claim that he asked for extra time off as he insists the club asked HIM to take an extended break after missing out on deadline day switch to Newcastle - and says his 'headspace is clear'

* Jesse Lingard is unavailable for Man United duty this week after his failed exit
* United boss Ralf Rangnick said Lingard asked for time off to 'clear his mind'
* The England midfielder was denied a deadline day move away from Old Trafford
* But Lingard has denied claims he asked for time off as his 'headspace is clear'
* The 29-year-old says United asked him to take time off due to 'personal reasons'

Jesse Lingard has disputed Ralf Rangnick’s claim that he asked for time off to ‘clear his mind’ after Manchester United blocked a deadline day move away from Old Trafford.

Lingard posted a response on social media, just hours after Rangnick explained his absence from Friday night’s FA Cup tie against Middlesbrough and, ironically, called for unity in the wake of Mason Greenwood’s arrest.

‘Jesse asked me and the club if we could give him a couple of days off just to clear his mind,’ said United’s interim manager.

‘He will be back in training, I suppose, on Monday and then be a regular part of the whole squad.’

Jesse Lingard has denied Ralf Rangnick's claim he asked for time off from Man United duty. United's interim boss insisted Lingard was unavailable this weekend as he is 'clearing his head'. Lingard saw a move to West Ham or Newcastle blocked by United on deadline day this week. Lingard (left) claims United told him to take an extended break, not the other way around

However, Lingard responded on Thursday night by saying he is in the right of mind to play and it was the club who suggested having some time off.

The 29-year-old is also understood to be surprised by Rangnick’s comment that he originally wanted to stay at United in the January transfer window before moves to Newcastle and West Ham fell through.

Lingard posted: ‘The club advised me to have time off due to personal reasons! But my headspace is clear and I’ll always be professional when called upon and give 100 per cent.’

Earlier, Rangnick admitted that Greenwood’s arrest on suspicion of raping, attacking and threatening to kill an 18-year-old student had influenced United’s decision to keep Lingard after they allowed Anthony Martial, Donny van de Beek and Amad Diallo to go out on loan.

The German urged his players to stick together through a difficult time for the club, saying: ‘It’s an unusual situation for everybody and nobody would want to experience that.

‘This is what it’s all about in life, not only in professional football, that you have to stay together and be united on that and still keep going.’

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10474591/Jesse-Lingard-DENIES-Ralf-Rangnicks-claim-asked-extra-time-Man-United-duty.html
Old 05-05-2022, 05:22 PM   #337
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Jesse Lingard attracting interest from Juventus, PSG, AC Milan and Newcastle as he prepares to leave Man United after 22 years... and talks with two of them are at an advanced stage after he ruled out any chance of Erik ten Hag convincing him to stay

* Jesse Lingard will leave Manchester United as a free agent this summer
* There is no chance of incoming manager Erik ten Hag changing Lingard's mind
* Juventus, AC Milan, PSG and Newcastle are in talks with the England winger
* Lingard, 29, feels that United broke assurances made over his game-time
* He wants a regular run of matches in order to push for a World Cup place

Jesse Lingard is in talks with Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, AC Milan and Newcastle as he prepares to leave Manchester United as a free agent this summer.

Negotiations with two of the four clubs are said to be at an advanced stage after Lingard decided to call time on a 22-year association with United.

Sources close to Lingard have ruled out the possibility of new manager Erik ten Hag persuading the player to stay and sign a new contract at Old Trafford.

The 29-year-old is understood to be unhappy over his treatment by the club and feels that he has been the victim of too many broken promises.

Lingard turned down loan moves last summer after being given assurances over his first-team opportunities by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, but only made one start before the Norwegian was sacked in November.

The academy product has been given a further three starts by interim boss Ralf Rangnick after Newcastle pulled out of a deal to sign him in January when United demanded a £2.5million loan fee and £12.5m bonus if Eddie Howe's side stayed up.

Lingard's brother Louie Scott hit out at United on social media this week, branding the club 'classless' for denying the England international an Old Trafford farewell before he leaves.

Jesse Lingard isn't short of suitors as he prepares to leave Manchester United in the summer. Jesse Lingard (left) was left on the bench for Manchester United's win over Brentford, with his brother Louie Scott posting a furious message on Instagram (right) after the game

Lingard was left on the bench for the last home game against Brentford while four other players who are set to go this summer – Juan Mata, Nemanja Matic, Edinson Cavani and Phil Jones – made an appearance.

Newcastle have come back in for Lingard but there is no shortage of admirers from around Europe with Juve, PSG and Milan all registering an interest in a player who has scored 35 goals in 232 appearances for United.

Lingard believes that leaving United will help him break back into the England squad before the World Cup at the end of the year.

He played a key role as Gareth Southgate's side reached the semi-finals in Russia four years ago, but missed out on Euro 2020 and last played for his country in October.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10782231/Man-United-Jesse-Lingard-attracting-Juventus-PSG-AC-Milan-Newcastle.html
Old 07-05-2022, 03:08 PM   #338
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Ralf Rangnick defends his decision not to hand Jesse Lingard a Manchester United send-off against Brentford as 'part of the game', despite star's brother branding the club 'classless' in bitter exit message

* Jesse Lingard was left on the bench for Manchester United's win over Brentford
* That meant the star was denied the chance to enjoy a send-off at Old Trafford
* But Ralf Rangnick has defended his decision, insisting it was 'part of the game'
* Lingard's brother branded United 'classless' for the midfielder's snub in a post

Ralf Rangnick has defended his decision not to give Jesse Lingard an Old Trafford send-off before he leaves Manchester United as a free agent this summer.

Rangnick brought on Edinson Cavani instead of Lingard towards the end of United's final home game of the season against Brentford on Monday, having started the match with Juan Mata and Nemanja Matic.

All four players are expected to leave United this summer and Lingard's brother Louie Scott branded United 'classless' for not letting the England midfielder end his 22-year association with the club by playing one last time at Old Trafford.

However, Rangnick insists that he has played Lingard more than Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and caretaker Michael Carrick this season, and also pointed out that the player missed the previous game against Chelsea and training due to personal reasons.

Ralf Rangnick has defended his decision not to hand Jesse Lingard a send-off at Old Trafford. Interim boss Rangnick opted to leave Lingard on the bench for the clash against Brentford. Playmaker Lingard has struggled for game time this season and will leave United this summer. Lingard's brother, Louie Scott, branded United 'classless' for not fielding the star

'To start with, in the last couple of weeks under my tenure he has played far more games than he used to,' said United's interim boss.

'Number two, on game day against Chelsea, he asked me to release him from the game and training the following day for personal family reasons.

'This was the reason with only three substitutes I had to take a decision between Edinson Cavani and Jesse Lingard, or the young Alejandro Garnacho, who I would have loved to have brought on and given a chance to play.

'I took the decision to bring on Edinson. Had I not brought him on, someone might have asked if it's classless not to bring on Cavani or Garnacho. After two substitutes, you have to take a decision and this will not be to the liking of everybody. This is part of the game.'

On Scott's post, Rangnick added: 'To be honest, I'm not reading a lot. I've not had the time in the last six months to read. I'm not Instagram, I'm not on Facebook, I'm not engaged in those areas.

'My focus has been to develop the team. In these days with social media, there is always somebody posting something and it's important not to take too much notice of that.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10789585/Ralf-Rangnick-defends-decision-not-hand-Jesse-Lingard-Old-Trafford-send-off.html
Old 11-05-2022, 10:35 PM   #339
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

United outcast Jesse Lingard', as the England international prices himself out of a move by demanding £150,000 a week... but he could head abroad with Juventus, PSG and AC Milan interested

* Newcastle United have reportedly ended their interest in attacker Jesse Lingard
* The 29-year-old was demanding £150k-a-week wages and a huge signing-on fee
* The Manchester United outcast is attracting interest from numerous other clubs

Newcastle United have reportedly ended their pursuit of England international Jesse Lingard due to his financial demands being too high to fit into the club's wage structure.

The Magpies were desperate to sign the 29-year-old on loan during the January transfer window, but refused to pay the £16million loan fee demanded by Manchester United.

Lingard was, however, forced to remain at United where he rarely featured - therefore it was expected that Newcastle boss Eddie Howe would rekindle his interest in the attacking midfielder this summer on a free transfer.

It now appears unlikely that Lingard will join after pricing himself out of a move to the North East with wage demands in excess of £150,000-a-week, plus a huge signing-on fee, according to The Telegraph.

Newcastle United have reportedly ended their pursuit of England international Jesse Lingard. The Magpies were keen to sign the 29-year-old on loan during the January transfer window

The report also states making Lingard the club’s highest paid player, when he will also turn 30 before the end of this year, is not as attractive to Newcastle as the loan move in January had been.

Had Lingard joined on loan in January and impressed, a permanent move would have made sense, but he has only started twice for United since then and made a few substitute appearances.

Instead, Lingard could potentially head abroad rather than remain in the Premier League with Juventus, PSG and AC Milan all said to be interested.

West Ham United, where has he enjoyed an impressive loan spell last season, scoring nine goals in 16 matches to fire the Hammers to Europa League qualification - could also still express an interest.

Lingard, who scored 35 goals in 232 appearances for United, is believed to be unhappy over his treatment from the club.

Lingard has only started twice for United since January and made a few substitute displays. West Ham, where Lingard enjoyed a loan spell last season, could also express an interest

Lingard turned down loan moves last summer after being given assurances over his first-team opportunities by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, but only made one start before the Norwegian was sacked in November.

The academy product has been given a further three starts by interim boss Ralf Rangnick after Newcastle pulled out of a deal to sign him in January when United demanded a £2.5million loan fee and £12.5m bonus if Eddie Howe's side stayed up.

Lingard's brother Louie Scott hit out at United on social media this week, branding the club 'classless' for denying the England international an Old Trafford farewell before he leaves.

The attacking midfielder was left on the bench for the last home game against Brentford while four other players who are set to go this summer – Juan Mata, Nemanja Matic, Edinson Cavani and Phil Jones – made an appearance.

Lingard is eager to play regular first-team football wherever he ends up to help him break back into the England squad before the World Cup at the end of the year.

He played a key role as Gareth Southgate's side reached the semi-finals in Russia four years ago, but missed out on Euro 2020 and last played for his country in October.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10804889/Newcastle-United-end-pursuit-Manchester-United-outcast-Jesse-Lingard.html
Old 02-06-2022, 09:43 AM   #340
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Jesse Lingard follows Paul Pogba out the door at Man United as they confirm his 20 years at the club are OVER in another lengthy statement, weeks after he fumed at lack of an Old Trafford send-off

* Man United have confirmed long-serving star Jesse Lingard will leave the club
* Lingard has spent more than 20 years at Old Trafford but has fallen out of favour
* His time at United ended on a sour note as the club failed to give him a send-off
* His brother hit out at United for the lack of gesture and called them 'classless'
* Paul Pogba's departure on a free transfer had been announced just hours earlier

Manchester United have announced midfielder Jesse Lingard will leave the club on a free transfer when his contract expires next month, on the same day the Red Devils confirmed Paul Pogba would also be departing.

Lingard started his career with United and has been at Old Trafford for more than 20 years, but has become a peripheral figure in the last few seasons - going out on loan at West Ham United in the 2020-21 campaign.

He returned to United last season but failed to improve on his game time despite impressing at the London Stadium, starting just two times in the Premier League.

Manchester United have confirmed Jesse Lingard will leave the club on a free transfer in June. The England star rapidly fell out of favour and looked certain to end his time at the club

Man United spoke in glowing terms about Lingard as they officially confirmed his departure

United spoke in glowing terms about the player as they announced he would be leaving on their website, posting a video of his best highlights and writing 'it was all a dream'.

They accompanied that with a statement, hailing him for the 'memories' he had contributed to in his two decades at the club.

'Manchester United can confirm that Jesse Lingard will leave the club when his contract expires at the end of June.

'An Academy graduate and dyed-in-the-wool Red, Jesse has been with United for over 20 years, having originally joined our Under-9s team in 2001.

'We’d like to take this opportunity to thank Jesse for all of the memories he’s helped create during his two decades here and wish him the best of luck in his future career.'

Lingard's lengthy spell with his boyhood club ended on a sour note last month when his brother hit out at his lack of send-off at the end of the season, calling United 'classless' for not making a tribute.

'20 years of blood sweat and tears, 4 domestic trophies, 3 cup final goal, not even a farewell. No wonder it's Conference League next year,' His brother Scott said on Instagram.

'Class of 92, Busby Babes, you're ran by people who don't even know the offside trap. Classless and the fans need to realise.

'Been there since nine years of age and didn't even get a send off!!! Well done bro your family are proud.'

Lingard was a man reborn at West Ham in the latter stage of the 2020-21 campaign, scoring nine times and providing four assists, and he seemed nailed on to stay with David Moye's side, but he ended up going back to Old Trafford to form part of their squad for the new season.

But he did not see an increase of his game time - his first start of the campaign coming in the Carabao Cup in September.

He was frozen out by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (L) earlier in the season and could not convince his successor Ralf Rangnick (R) that he was first team quality either. Lingard enjoyed a great loan spell at West Ham in 2020-21 but the Londoners could not agree a deal to turn the deal permanent. He returned to become a squad member at United but made just two starts this season

Quote:
JESSE LINGARD AT MANCHESTER UNITED

Turned professional: 2011

Senior appearances: 232

Goals: 35

Honours

FA Cup: 2015-16

EFL Cup: 2016-17

Community Shield: 2016

Europa League: 2016-17
In January there were chances for him to leave on loan, with both Newcastle and West Ham keen, but United were holding out for a pricey loan fee and both deals broke down.

The 29-year-old leaves United having made a total of 232 appearances, scoring 35 times. He enjoyed four cup wins during his time, and a prominent spell during the 2017-18 campaign - where he scored 13 times - saw him rewarded with a key role in England's 2018 World Cup in Russia.

He became popular with Three Lions boss Gareth Southgate and has picked up 32 caps for his country since making his debut in 2016.

It has been a busy day at the revolving door for United, who also announced another free transfer in Paul Pogba just hours earlier.

The Frenchman rejoined United for £89million in 2016 but failed to reach the levels expected of him and now looks set to join either Juventus or PSG.

In an 835-word statement, United's farewell message gushed over 'a career that had brought so many individual high moments, so many beautiful goals, assists and pieces of skill.'

They added: 'For a boy that joined the Academy at 16 to make over 200 United appearances and lift the Youth Cup, along with two major pieces of silverware – not to mention the World Cup at international level – is something that should be applauded and celebrated.

'Everyone at the club would like to congratulate Paul on his successful career, and thank him for his contributions to Manchester United.

'We wish him all the best for the next steps on a remarkable journey.'

United tweeted 'Once a red, always a red' and 'thank you for your service @PaulPogba' with a clapping hand emoji.

Pogba posted a video of some of his career highlights on Instagram, alongside the caption: 'I feel privileged to have played for this club.

'Many beautiful moments and memories but most importantly an unconditional support from the fans. Thank you'.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10875423/Manchester-United-confirm-Jesse-Lingard-LEAVE-Old-Trafford-free-transfer-20-years.html
gak lama habis berita Pogba akan meninggalkan United, eh Lingard juga menyusul. sudah diprediksi sih Lingard akan cabut juga, mustinya pas mau dibeli WHU waktu itu dijual saja, sekarang United gak dapat sepeserpun. Matic, Cavani, Pogba, Lingard, yak siapa lagi yg akan menyusul?
anyway, thank you Lingard

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 134
-Ybb3F-, Aba_MaczUnited, abishock, adnan44, aGhaa, ajier307, akbar15, aldysetiabudi, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, Alphin Ambo, aMieBeckz, Andi Istiabudi, AndreasBelitung, ardie febrianto, arnaldo_x1, asririzky, Aziiz_rachman, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, Bulma, chincarito, ChrisHerrera, clsenz, Deddy Hernandez, delongedee, demhyt, derry07cantona, De_Silvia, Dhanny09, dudut, ecly_watchaa, edoardo, eyeofday, fadilbedil, fajrinited, ferly_Liemz, fredrian.seven, giggs26, goodfron, gregoriussunu, Gustar_UIBontang, Gustiono, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, Hand_rooney, hariyant, hendiplast, HenryRooney07, herzgiggsy, hombreng, iamsetia, iam_adjie, id4y, ilz, il_capitano, indi30, irfan_mancunianred, irfan_thered, irhamutd, jarpop, jifortin, jojo poenya, jonajoni, Juni HW, junpriadi, Kurniawan Ani, Lang25, larukuga, Lucky_Cantona007, lutviarfiansyah, Mahesa_Jenar, marviel, Merahponod90, MichaelMU, MUFC1878, mygalzbiatch, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, Nemanje, NGqeEKznfi, normansyahrizal, octus, oldark, OSziXXoztn, paiman, panda777, penk22_, ravenscold, Rean, Red Devils 07, Red Stain, Redsbusby, revald, rio vander vidic, Riskur, Rizana, robby7beckham, ronald hars, Roronoa Rooney, RyanRezha, sepatu_ancur, serdadu merah, SR 7, stamansa, tapanoeliunited, tasho, Trezz Kiko, tri_roban, tumpal_oneunited, Ucup Carrick, UNITED1878, united7, unitedlogy, UnitedNgawi, unreal, utdMaleoLuwuk, VaDLi, Van_Munandar, veibevriska, Victory, wahyou91, wazza ui, whoami, wira_ozora, Yayat Dg Kulle, zudomiriku