United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 24-05-2021, 10:39 AM   #121
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scott McTominay

Scott McTominay reveals he was told he was 'too small, too slow, and can’t jump' before transforming into Man United's anchor to allow Bruno Fernandes and Co to flourish

* Scott McTominay was once told he was probably 'too small, too slow' to make it
* But the Scotland international is now indispensable at Manchester United
* He will be one of the first names on the team sheet for the Europa League final
* McTominay said he 'loved' proving his doubters wrong at Old Trafford

Manchester United’s last European final was a bittersweet experience for Scott McTominay. He took part in the team’s final training session at Carrington but then had to watch in frustration as Jose Mourinho’s first-team stars left for Stockholm. Then 20, he ended up watching the win against Ajax on television at his digs.

Four years later, McTominay will be one of the first names on Ole Gunnar Sols-kjaer’s team sheet for Wednesday night’s Europa League final against Villarreal as the Norwegian bids for his first trophy as United manager.

The Scotland international was withdrawn early against Fulham last week to protect him for the final and his importance to United’s chances is a far cry from the early days when he wasn’t particularly fancied to make it.

Scott McTominay was once told he was 'too small, too slow, can’t jump' to make it in football. But the 24-year-old Scotland international has become a vital player at Manchester United

‘When I was younger, I was told I was too small, too slow, can’t jump,’ he says. ‘A year later, I was 6ft 3in. I absolutely loved it, proving those people wrong and hearing their opinions change,’ he says.

‘It felt like I was written off a million times. It’s what made me. Kids now think it’s all sunshine and rainbows coming through academies and they will walk into the first team and have an amazing career.

‘That kind of story is one in a million. Everyone else has to fight and scrap for every little thing.

‘I remember the Ajax final. Me and Demetri Mitchell played against Crystal Palace and trained with the lads before they flew off. I was disappointed I wasn’t in the squad but looking back now, I was a young kid coming through. I’ve got there in the end.’

It should be stressed that McTominay’s doubters didn’t include the youth coaches at United, who always thought he’d come good. McTominay was still only 5ft 6in until a dramatic growth spurt at 18 — and even that initially left him uncoordinated.

A young McTominay sitting beside Sir Alex Ferguson, who recently sang the player's praises

Mourinho introduced him as a regular in his final full season and today the midfielder has a physicality that allows Bruno Fernandes, Marcus Rashford and Mason Greenwood to show off their skills.

Born in Lancaster but eligible for Scotland through his parents, McTominay first joined the United set-up aged nine and gets what the club are about. Their current four-year wait for silverware, their longest since 1990, isn’t acceptable.

‘Manchester United is 100 per cent about winning trophies. When I saw the lads lift the cup against Ajax, I knew that was where I wanted to be,’ he says.

‘My aim is to leave Carrington a better player after every single session. To do that I have to keep working hard and keep pushing myself. It’s the only way I know.’

His attitude is reminiscent of Gary Neville, a United great who understood he wasn’t as gifted as Paul Scholes or Ryan Giggs but made himself indispensable.

McTominay's attitude is comparable to Gary Neville, another who made the most of his talent. McTominay says he can never be satisfied and will continue to strive for improvement

Homegrown players remain hugely important to a club weaned on the Busby Babes and Class of 92. It was no surprise to recently hear Sir Alex Ferguson sing the praises of his compatriot, describing him as ‘a good winner of the ball, a good turn of pace going forward, a great attitude to the game’.

‘Just to hear a man like Sir Alex mention your name is a privilege. But I can never think to myself, “I’ve got his approval, he thinks I’m a good player”,’ says McTominay.

‘I can’t ever be satisfied, even if I’ve got Ole’s approval. It’s always about driving myself further to become a better player. I was a late developer so I’m making up for lost time. I’ve still got many more years to grow into my body.’

Solskjaer’s United have made enormous strides since he was the surprise choice to succeed Mou-rinho at the end of 2018.

A serial winner as a player under Ferguson, Solskjaer has been a unifying force at a club where a sizeable chunk of the fanbase are at war with the Glazer ownership.

United can make history today by going a full league season unbeaten away from home for the first time.

But the real test comes in Gdansk on Wednesday when they will start as favourites. To do it with Rashford, Greenwood, McTominay and Paul Pogba, who all learned their trade as kids at United, would make the achievement very special.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9608153/Manchester-United-Scott-McTominay-proved-doubters-wrong-Old-Trafford.html
Old 11-10-2021, 09:46 AM   #122
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Bryan Robson believes Scott McTominay can blossom for Manchester United into a box-to-box midfielder - and thinks the Scotland international can get 'between 10 and 15 goals a season' if he plays in that role

* Bryan Robson scored 99 goals in 461 matches for Manchester United
* He won two Premier Leagues, three FA Cups and a League Cup for the Red Devils
* Robson feels midfielders can too easily be seen as either defensive or attacking
* The Red Devils legend feels Scott McTominay can improve his finishing
* McTominay revealed in 2019 that he also sees himself in a more advanced role

Manchester United legend Bryan Robson believes Scott McTominay can excel as a box-to-box midfielder just as he did - and believes the Scot can reach double figures for goals if played in that role.

Robson scored 99 goals in 461 games for the Red Devils across 13 seasons and won two Premier League titles, three FA Cups and a League Cup under Ron Atkinson and then Sir Alex Ferguson.

McTominay has predominantly featured as a sitting midfield player during his United career and Robson is keen to see Ole Gunnar Solskjaer give the 24-year-old an opportunity further up the pitch.

'I think coaches either want an attacking midfield player or they want a sitting midfield player, but I still think that there's people out there that can do box to box and they've just got to work a little bit harder on getting the finishing right and I think we've got one at this club - Scott McTominay.

Bryan Robson shone as a box-to-box midfielder - and thinks Scott McTominay can do the same. McTominay has played as a deep-lying midfielder this season and hasn't got off the mark yet. The 24-year-old scored seven times last term - including a double in the 6-2 win over Leeds

'I don't think he has to be a sitting midfield player and just be classed as a defending midfield player.

'He scored seven goals last year and I think where maybe Scott can improve as a player is just to try and get to anywhere between 10 and 15 goals a season and as a central midfield player, if you stay away from injury, then you can achieve that and I think Scott's got that in his locker.'

McTominay has yet to hit the back of the net so far this season and is part of a back three for Scotland's crucial World Cup qualifier against Israel on Saturday.

Steve Clarke's side sit second, seven points adrift of runaway leaders Denmark and one point ahead of their next opponents, with a runners-up spot in the group ensuring progress to the play-offs.

Speaking in 2019, the Carrington graduate did touch on what Robson has mentioned and expressed a desire to play further forward.

'It's my ambition to be a regular number six, number eight, a box-to-box player. That's always been my goal,' he revealed.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10075595/Bryan-Robson-believes-Scott-McTominay-shine-box-box-midfielder-Manchester-United.html
Old 06-12-2021, 09:07 AM   #123
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Old 11-01-2022, 09:32 PM   #124
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Ralf Rangnick tips Scott McTominay to become Manchester United captain 'in a couple of years' with the interim boss impressed by his 'leadership skills' in match-winning display against Villa

* Scott McTominay sends Manchester United into FA Cup fourth round
* The Scottish midfielder has been tipped as a future captain by his manager
* Ralf Rangnick has been impressive with the 'leadership' shown by McTominay

Scott McTominay has been tipped to become Manchester United's captain one day by his boss Ralf Rangnick.

McTominay, 25, scored the only goal of the game against Aston Villa on Monday night to fire United through to the fourth round of the FA Cup.

He nodded past Villa goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez eight minutes into the match at Old Trafford and that was all United needed to progress on the night.

'He is an academy boy, his energy is amazing,' Rangnick told BBC Sport when asked about the Scotland international.

'He now also starts scoring goals and also with some leadership skills.

'I wouldn't be surprised if in a couple of years he would be the captain of this team.'

McTominay's header against Villa was his second goal in his last three matches, having also scored in the 3-1 home league win against Burnley.

The Scot emerged under Jose Mourinho, having caught the eye of the notoriously fussy Portuguese coach, and has established himself as a key player at United ever since.

Scott McTominay has the capability to become Manchester United captain, says Ralf Rangnick. The interim United boss has been impressed with McTominay's energy and 'leadership skills'

Rangnick is a fan of McTominay's work-rate and the 25-year-old has started in all but one of the German's first seven games in charge, sitting out the Champions League dead rubber against Young Boys.

Former Man City defender, and Sportsmail columnist, Micah Richards also spoke glowingly about McTominay's display.

Richards told BBC Sport: 'For all the stick he's taken, McTominay had a good performance tonight and he has had a couple of good performances in the last couple of weeks.

'But it was typical Man United again - underwhelming and not great, but at least he popped up for a goal for himself.'

While there was criticism for some of McTominay's team-mates, namely Marcus Rashford, goalkeeper David de Gea produced another impressive display keeping Villa at bay.

Despite losing, Steven Gerrard's side looked impressive in spells on the night and De Gea was called upon on more than one occasion, something that did not go unnoticed by his manager.

'We have to develop the team into a clean sheet team and that was another one today, but still David de Gea was outstanding again for me today,' Rangnick added.

'I would have wanted him to have less saves in total, I think we had four or five shots on goal, but again we can still improve even in that area.'

United meet Villa in successive matches on Saturday as this time they head to Villa Park to face Gerrard's side in the league.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10389767/Manchester-United-Ralf-Rangnick-tips-Scott-McTominay-future-captain.html
Old 22-02-2022, 09:21 AM   #125
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United's Scott McTominay shows off his battle scars on his ankle after a 'proper game' against rivals Leeds on Sunday afternoon - in which Scottish midfielder was fortunate to stay on the pitch

* Scott McTominay flew into challenges from the off for Man Utd against Leeds
* The midfielder's forearm smash on Robin Koch saw the Leeds man taken off
* McTominay was eventually booked in the 78th minute for another late tackle
* The 25-year-old described it as a 'proper game' while posting his ankle scars

Manchester United midfielder Scott McTominay has showed off some nasty ankle scars after a 'proper game' against Leeds on Sunday.

Ralf Rangnick's men rallied after a second-half comeback from Leeds to win 4-2 at Elland Road, in a match in which treacherous conditions made for an engrossing, physical Premier League contest.

Scotland international McTominay got stuck in from the off and in a post on Instagram captioned 'Leeds away - proper game', the 25-year-old posted a photo of his ankle with numerous fresh scars following the contest.

McTominay was flying into challenges straight away, with heavy rain in Leeds making for an old-school clash between two fierce rivals.

After 14 minutes, the midfielder flew into a challenge with Leeds defender Robin Koch, in which the Leeds defender needed medical assistance to the head after a forearm smash.

McTominay escaped with a warning from the referee, while Koch continued but was later substituted in the 31st minute due to concerns over concussion.

McTominay was eventually cautioned in the 78th minute after getting nowhere near the ball with a tackle on Joe Gelhardt.

Manchester United midfielder Scott McTominay has showed off some nasty ankle scars. The 25-year-old was flying into challenges and was arguably fortunate not to be sent-off. McTominay escaped with a warning from the referee after a forearm smash on Robin Koch

The home-grown United star was also involved in a fracas as full-time approached but remained on the pitch for the whole 90 minutes.

A vital win for United means they are now in fourth place, four points above West Ham below them.

Harry Maguire, Bruno Fernandes, Fred and Anthony Elanga were all on the scoresheet in a feisty encounter - United's next game is in the Champions League last-16 at Atletico Madrid on Wednesday.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10534887/Manchester-Uniteds-Scott-McTominay-shows-battle-scars-proper-game-against-rivals-Leeds.html
Old 08-03-2022, 08:42 AM   #126
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'It's incredibly disappointing if people think that': Scott McTominay responds to criticism from United legends Gary Neville and Roy Keane that players 'gave up' in defeat by City... as he insists behind-the-scenes issues are 'completely irrelevant to me'

* Manchester United midfielder Scott McTominay responds to plenty of criticism
* Roy Keane and Gary Neville insisted that the Red Devils gave up in 4-1 defeat
* The 25-year-old says behind-the-scenes issues are 'completely irrelevant to me'
* Manchester United suffered a humiliating 4-1 defeat to local rivals Man City

Manchester United midfielder Scott McTominay hits back at Red Devils legends Gary Neville and Roy Keane who insisted they gave up in their heavy 4-1 defeat to rivals Manchester City.

The 25-year-old Scottish international claims it's 'incredibly disappointing if people think that' but they must stick together - despite the defeat to their rivals hurting.

Trailing to a Kevin De Bruyne goal after just five minutes, United rallied and eventually gained a foothold in the game, drawing level halfway through the first half courtesy of a brilliant finish by Jadon Sancho.

De Bruyne put City back in front shortly after but Ralf Rangnick's team remained in the game until the end of the first half, before the wheels came off spectacularly after the restart.

Manchester United midfielder Scott McTominay has hit back at Red Devils legends Gary Neville and Roy Keane. The Scottish international insists 'it's incredibly disappointing' if people feel United gave up in their 4-1 defeat to Manchester City

The Premier League champions completely outclassed their rivals in the second half, with Riyad Mahrez scoring twice as United failed to lay a glove on their rivals.

'Manchester United's response to going 3-1 down has been embarrassing. Ninety-two per cent possession for City? They have given up,' Sky Sports pundit Neville said. 'They are walking around the pitch. It's nowhere near good enough.

'There can be no complaints. City have been absolutely outstanding. But as a Manchester United fan, it's embarrassing.

'City played brilliantly in the second half. But the effort and intensity from United in the last 20 minutes was non-existent.'

'The worst thing that you could say about United is that they gave up,' Keane added.

'In any game, if you give up, it's unforgivable really. The beauty of top-level sport is that there's no hiding place.'

McTominay has reacted to those comments and admitted he will have to watch it back to see what he thinks about the performance.

'From my point of view on the pitch it's difficult to see what is going on around you, if that's what people are saying then so be it,' McTominay told Sky Sports.

'They're all entitled to their own opinion, but for myself personally it's incredibly disappointing if people think that.

Gary Neville says it's nowhere near good enough from his former club Manchester United. Roy Keane slams Man United players for giving up in heavy defeat to leaders Man City. McTominay (centre) admitted he will watch the game back to see the body language of the United players

'I'll have to watch it back and see the body language and stuff like that, but for myself it hurts. It's not easy.'

United slipped down to fifth in the Premier League, as Arsenal moved up to fourth, and the Gunners still have three games in hand - meaning Ralf Rangnick's side now face a tough task to qualify for the Champions League.

Not only that, but rumours continue to surround the club and what is currently going wrong, as well as who might be the next permanent manager with PSG boss Mauricio Pochettino and Ajax's Erik ten Hag still the hot favourites.

'I've got nothing to say about problems or anything like that. It's not my place to say anything, I am just here to keep everybody together.

'We've got a big end to the season, we need to win in the Champions League and we need to get in the top four, and that's all I'm thinking about at the minute.

'Whatever goes on behind the scenes is completely irrelevant to me. I'm part of it, but you just have to concentrate on your own game, you can get too distracted by other things that are going on at the football club.'

He added: 'We need to stick together, stick as a group, we can't let something like this be so damaging to us where we lack confidence going into the next game.

'It's part and parcel of being a Manchester United player, you can't let your head drop we've had many successful times in the derby, but this one hurts today.'

City toyed with their rivals and enjoyed 92 per cent of possession in the final 15 minutes, which McTominay says it is just not good enough.

'We gave the ball away too much in the second-half, pretty much every time we gave the ball away they were keeping it for 15 to 20 passes, and we found it difficult to get the ball back.

'It's as simple as that. In the first-half, we created good angles and moved the ball well, and we had numerous chances. If you don't put them away against Man City you get punished obviously.

'For us the most disappointing thing is the way we were so sloppy in the second-half and that has been spoken about in the dressing room.

'When you come to a place like this when you're still in the game at 2-1, you can't give the ball away that easy or that simple.'

'It comes down to individuals, it comes down to concentration, it comes down to how we deal with the expectation of playing for a club like Manchester United.

'We can't continue like that. It was clear every time they had a transition that were in behind me and Fred and our two number 10's. For us it was disappointing.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10585225/Scott-McTominay-responds-criticism-United-legends-Gary-Neville-Roy-Keane.html
Old 30-06-2022, 09:46 AM   #127
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Manchester United boss Erik ten Hag will resist offers from Newcastle for Scott McTominay despite the impending arrival of Frenkie de Jong... with the Dutchman viewing the Scottish star as 'pivotal' to his squad

* Erik ten Hag views Scott McTominay as 'pivotal' to his Manchester United rebuild
* The Scotland star, 25, made 37 appearances in United's midfield last campaign
* New Red Devils manager Ten Hag will reportedly resist offers from Newcastle

Manchester United will ward off any transfer interest in midfielder Scott McTominay - despite the impending signing of Barcelona's Frenkie de Jong, according to reports.

The Scottish star was a regular member of interim boss Ralf Rangnick's midfield last season, making 37 appearances in all competitions.

And according to The Times, new manager Erik ten Hag considers McTominay 'pivotal' to his rebuild at the club.

Several central midfielders have left Old Trafford this summer, with Paul Pogba and Nemanja Matic - plus Jesse Lingard and Juan Mata, who can also play centrally - leaving on free transfers at the end of their contract.

McTominay is one of the few central players left at the club, alongside Brazilian Fred, Donny van de Beek, potentially youth player James Garner and now de Jong.

Sportsmail reported on Tuesday that a £70million move for Barca playmaker de Jong is 90 per cent complete.

Manchester United will reportedly resist any transfer interest in midfielder Scott McTominay. United's £70million move for Barcelona playmaker Frenkie de Jong is 90 per cent complete. But new manager Erik ten Hag is said to view McTominay as 'pivotal' to his plans

But that signing seemingly won't affect the 25-year-old McTominay's standing in the squad.

The Times report Newcastle and another Premier League club made enquiries about the 34-cap international's availability earlier this summer.

But Ten Hag has made it clear the club will resist any offers for McTominay, who is contracted until 2025 and has made 170 appearances in all competitions since his debut in May 2017.

And McTominay looks ready to impress in the new campaign after bulking up significantly over the summer.

He took to social media to share a picture of himself during a late-night session alongside two friends, with social media users left impressed. In the photo, McTominay is standing topless, showing off his rippling muscles.

His condition suggests he has spent time working hard on his physicality in recent weeks, an attribute that may see him remain a key player under Ten Hag.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-10964097/Man-United-Erik-ten-Hag-resist-offers-Scott-McTominay-despite-Frenkie-Jong-arrival.html
Old 13-07-2022, 11:17 AM   #128
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Scott McTominay is impressed by Erik ten Hag's vision to rebuild Manchester United as he praises the new boss' 'philosophy and style of play' ahead of Bangkok friendly against rivals Liverpool

* Manchester United play Liverpool on Tuesday in first pre-season fixture
* New manager Erik ten Hag has been imparting his vision to the players
* Midfielder Scott McTominay has been impressed by the Dutchman's clarity

Scott McTominay has been impressed with the clarity of Erik ten Hag's playing philosophy as the new Manchester United manager works to revive the club.

The Scottish midfielder is currently on tour with United in the Far East, with United set to take on old rivals Liverpool in a Bangkok friendly on Tuesday.

One criticism of Ten Hag's predecessor Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was that the team lacked a clearly defined style of football.

But McTominay, whose regular starting place in the midfield will be under threat if United close a deal for Barcelona's Frenkie de Jong, says the players are buying into Ten Hag's vision.

'He's got an idea of the way he wants to play, and he executes it really, really well in terms of getting across to the players,' McTominay told United Daily.

'It's the same with [assistant coach] Mitchell [van der Gaag]. The philosophy and the ideas of the style of play for us [are] clear to see.

'It's up to us as players now to really take the message on board and push with everything we've got, all year.'

Manchester United midfielder Scott McTominay (centre) has been impressed with Erik ten Hag's clarity of vision in rebuilding the club. There were doubts over McTominay's United future as they seek another defensive midfielder but Ten Hag appears to want him as part of his plans

With United actively pursuing a new defensive midfielder this summer, 25-year-old McTominay had been linked with a move away from Old Trafford, with Newcastle United one of the clubs interested.

But Ten Hag has reportedly made clear that McTominay remains important to his plans for the forthcoming campaign as he tries to rebuild an ailing United team into trophy challengers.

Given that Paul Pogba and Nemanja Matic have left the club this summer, and negotiations over De Jong are moving at a glacial pace, Ten Hag was really left with little choice.

McTominay added: '[You have] that energy from last year. All that energy should be put now into the new one.

'As the manager reiterated, we're here to work hard. We're not here to go and sightsee and see all of Thailand.

'It's time to work and it's really time to focus for sure.'

United will play Liverpool in front of a sell-out crowd at the Rajamangala Stadium before heading off to Australia for a further three friendly games.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11004879/Scott-McTominay-impressed-Erik-ten-Hags-Manchester-United-vision.html
Old 16-07-2022, 09:59 PM   #129
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'It touched a nerve': Scott McTominay admits Man United's stars must accept their share of the blame for their slump last season, as he insists they shouldn't escape criticism as it's 'part and parcel' at the club

* Manchester United endured yet another miserable campaign last season
* They finished sixth in the Premier League and failed to win any trophies again
* Scott McTominay has admitted that the players must take a share of the blame
* He also said that being criticised is 'part and parcel' of playing for the Red Devils

Scott McTominay admits Manchester United's stars have to accept their share of the blame for the club's slump last season which has 'touched a nerve' among the squad.

A hugely disappointing campaign cost Ole Gunnar Solskjaer his job at Old Trafford, and ended with six defeats in the last 10 games as interim boss Ralf Rangnick struggled to turn it around.

McTominay accepts the players shouldn't escape criticism for United's worst season in the Premier League era as they look to bounce back under new manager Erik ten Hag.

'You're playing for Man United, you're going to get criticised,' said McTominay.

'If you think you're going to come and play for Man United and you're not going to get a little bit of criticism here and there, then you're in the wrong job because that's just not how it works at this football club.

'Maybe you need to have a little look in the mirror because that's just part and parcel of the game. Everyone gets criticised, that's the world we live in. Social media criticism: you only see it how much you want see it. That's part and parcel of it as well.

Scott McTominay says Manchester United's stars must accept blame for last season's slump. The Red Devils finished sixth in the Premier League and once again failed to win any silverware

'It's obviously difficult to speak about that last season. It touched a nerve in terms of when we speak about it again as a group.

'It's not nice and that's got to be the motivation now to put everything back to normal and go for trophies again under the new boss, because I know that this squad is more than capable of doing that.'

McTominay was speaking at the MCG where United beat Melbourne Victory 4-1 on Friday to register back-to-back wins on tour following their 4-0 demolition of Liverpool in Bangkok.

But United have begun their new era under Erik ten Hag, and have two pre-season victories. McTominay admitted Ten Hag's standards are 'so high', and said his style demands are clear

Ten Hag is living up to his reputation as a hard taskmaster, but the players are buying into his philosophy and so far it is paying off.

McTominay added: 'The manager's standards are high so you've got to get used to that, which is maybe a little bit foreign for some players. They've got to make sure that everything that they do on and off the pitch is to the best of their ability.

'He's very clear in meetings what he wants us to do and how he wants us to approach the games as well. Obviously for us it's important that you take that message on board.

The way he reads the game of football and the amount of knowledge he has about a game of football, we can take so much from him.

'We've had some tough pre-seasons but this is up there with one of the most difficult ones. But it's accumulation, it's getting miles in the legs and it's getting everybody accustomed to the volume of work that we're wanting to do.

'That's probably most important in terms of coming towards the start of the season, that we've got a team that's fit and flying, and a young team as well may I say.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11019707/Manchester-United-Scott-McTominay-says-stars-accept-blame-seasons-slump.html
Old 29-08-2022, 09:31 AM   #130
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'Everyone's fighting and digging in for each other': Scott McTominay praises the resolve of his Manchester United teammates after their 'ugly' win over Southampton on Saturday

* Manchester United moved to seventh in the league after beating Southampton
* They have now won back-to-back games after a woeful start to the season
* Scott McTominay praised his teammates' 'fight' in turning their form around
* He described new signing Casemiro as having won 'pretty much everything'

Manchester United midfielder Scott McTominay spoke of the improved 'fight' from his teammates after their 1-0 win over Southampton on Saturday.

United had a woeful start to the season with losses to Brighton and Brentford in their opening games but have since produced back-to-back wins.

They have risen from bottom of the Premier League to a much more respectable seventh in the space of six days.

'So far, we're getting that reaction from the boys,' McTominay told MUTV after the Southampton game.

'Everyone's fighting and digging in for each other. And sometimes that's what you've got to do, you've to win ugly.'

Scott McTominay commended the 'fight' of his Manchester United teammates

'It takes a lot to come back from that [4-0 loss to Brentford] as a team and fight, and we just can't let that dip now.'

Despite the recent change in form, the midfielder insisted the Red Devils are staying humble. He said: 'We're not getting carried away.

'We need to make sure that the fire we had for Liverpool and this game is still there, it can't go out against Leicester or Arsenal.'

McTominay also touched on his new teammate Casemiro, who recently arrived from Real Madrid for £70 million and made his debut off the bench on Saturday.

'To learn off somebody like him who has won pretty much everything in the game is amazing,' The Scotland international added.

'His mentality, the way he's so firm with everything that he does, an amazing footballer who can help us so much and be one of our main players.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11154145/Scott-McTominay-praises-resolve-Manchester-United-teammates-win-Saturday.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 27
alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, Andi Istiabudi, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, chincarito, endhy_cantona, fredrian.seven, h-ANG, id4y, ivanzferdinand, Jodirama, penk22_, Rean, Rendi Pardi, rio vander vidic, Riskur, robby7beckham, steve.crowford, tumpal_oneunited, weelblack, wira_ozora, xkeiszglf34, yogiromadhona, zudomiriku