United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 07-08-2019, 10:21 AM   #21
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Harry Maguire

'He has made huge strides in the right direction and can be a leader of men': Rio Ferdinand backs world's most expensive defender Harry Maguire to live up to his £80m price-tag at Manchester United... just like he did

* Rio Ferdinand is backing Harry Maguire to be a hit at Manchester United
* Maguire became most expensive defender ever after joining in £80m deal
* Ferdinand had to bear that tag when he moved to United from Leeds in 2002
* And he believes Maguire can justify his price tag and be a success like he was
* He said: 'Maguire's grown into someone who can lead and be a leader of men'

Rio Ferdinand has dealt with the intense pressures that come with signing for Manchester United and shouldered the weight of expectation from a record-breaking fee before and now he is backing Harry Maguire to do the same.

Maguire became not only Britain's most expensive player but also the world's most expensive defender of all time when he completed his £80million move from Leicester this week.

As ever with such a big-money deal, questions will be asked. Is he ready to make the leap from Leicester to United? Will he live up to the price tag? Have United overspent?

Ferdinand has been there before, breaking the same records as Maguire has when he joined United from Leeds in a £30m move back in 2002.

The 40-year-old went on to sew his name into United folklore during a hugely successful 12-year spell at the club and believes Maguire has what it takes to handle the tag and be a hit at Old Trafford as well.

'Most expensive defender of all time. Harry Maguire signs for £80m. Funny enough we've both been there!' he wrote on Instagram.

Rio Ferdinand has backed Harry Maguire to live to up his world-record £80million price tag. Maguire became world's most expensive defender after sealing £80m move from Leicester

'Is there pressure? Yes. Is there expectation from across the world? Definitely... Are all eyes on Me? 100 per cent. Will Your teammates be expecting big things? Of course.

'Will people be expecting a massive change in the teams fortune? Most definitely. These were the feelings, questions that were surrounding me when signing for the great club Manchester United.

'Being a centre back, I have took a keen interest In Harry Maguire's game since being linked with United under [David] Moyes. He has made huge strides in the right direction and improved in all areas of his game.'

Ferdinand also believes that Maguire has the personality to be a senior figure in the dressing room and is capable of changing the club's fortunes following last season's underwhelming campaign.

He added: 'Maguire's grown into someone who can lead and be a leader of men and shown at both ends of the pitch he can be effective. He has composure, willingness on the ball as well as the ability to drive out from the defence which I feel is as good as anyone in the game right now.

Ferdinand was the most expensive defender of all time in 2002 when he signed for United. Ferdinand left United in 2014 as a legend after a trophy-laden 12-year spell at the club

'Does he have things to work on? Of course like everyone else! After speaking to numerous people that know him, they all say what a level headed, hard working lad he is who will give 110 per cent for his team which he echoed when signing.

'I think something United have needed defensively in recent years is a big character who can take on the responsibility of leading from the back and from what I've heard from people who know him well, they are confident that he will bring that to this football club.

'I would like to wish him well in the no 5 shirt and hope he can help bring back success to our club. Good Luck.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7328161/Rio-Ferdinand-backs-Harry-Maguire-live-80m-price-tag-Man-Utd-just-like-did.html
Old 08-08-2019, 07:05 AM   #22
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

CONFIRMED: MAGUIRE'S SQUAD NUMBER WITH UNITED

We can officially confirm that our new signing Harry Maguire will wear the no.5 shirt for Manchester United this season.

The defender was announced as our third summer signing on Monday, joining the club from Premier League side Leicester City.

Maguire wore the no.15 shirt during his two-year stint at the King Power Stadium, when the no.5 shirt was unavailable due to captain Wes Morgan occupying it.

Harry had previously worn no.5 at former clubs Hull City and Sheffield United, while he has tended to don the no.6 jersey for England.

The 26-year-old could be seen for the first time in his new United shirt during Sunday’s Premier League opener against Chelsea at Old Trafford.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will hopefully provide an update on Maguire's availability, in his pre-match press conference on Friday.

Maguire is actually just the sixth player to hold the the no.5 shirt on a permanent basis for United, and the first since the 2017/18 campaign.

Check out all of his predecessors below…

Marcos Rojo: The Argentinian was given the shirt after he joined the Reds in 2014 from Sporting Lisbon, before it was changed to no.16 at the start of 2018/19. The 29-year-old has often worn that same number with his national team, including at the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

Rio Ferdinand: The centre-back wore the no.6 shirt during his first season at United, but decisively changed to no.5 from the start of the 2003/04 campaign and became synonymous with it throughout his glittering Old Trafford career. On Tuesday of this week, Ferdinand heaped praise on Maguire and backed him to become a success as a Red.

“Does he have things to work on? Of course, like everyone else!“ wrote Rio. ”After speaking to numerous people that know him, they all say what a level-headed, hard-working lad he is. He will give 110 per cent for his team, which he echoed when signing.

“I think something United have needed defensively in recent years is a big character who can take on the responsibility of leading from the back and, from what I’ve heard from people who know him well, they are confident that he will bring that to this football club.”

Laurent Blanc: The iconic Frenchman was no.5 at United during his second season at United, in 2002/03, when he helped the Reds to win the Premier League title. A colossal defender and World Cup winner, Blanc had previously worn the no.6 shirt throughout his debut season at the club.

Ronny Johnsen: The Norwegian wore the jersey during our iconic Treble campaign in 1999, which was one of six seasons in which he held the squad number. During that time, played 150 games for the Reds and scored nine goals, before departing in 2002 to join Aston Villa.

Lee Sharpe: The popular Red was the first player to permanently hold the no.5 jersey, after squad numbers were introduced in the 1993/94 season. He wore it for three campaigns, until he left the club in 1996 to join Leeds.

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 07:07 AM   #23
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

WHEN WILL MAGUIRE MAKE HIS UNITED DEBUT?

Harry Maguire is now officially a Manchester United player, after completing his transfer from Leicester City on Monday, but is the defender ready to make his Reds debut this weekend?

That is a question for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and his staff, who will assess the 26-year-old at the Aon Training Complex this week ahead of Sunday’s much-anticipated Premier League opener against Chelsea.

The big 16:30 BST kick-off at Old Trafford will provide United with a fantastic opportunity to make an early statement in the 2019/20 campaign, after winning all six of the club’s friendly fixtures, the final one on penalties, over the summer.

Maguire is yet to play a match with his new Reds team-mates, of course, but the talented centre-back is presumably close to full fitness after taking part in Leicester’s own pre-season campaign in England.

“I tend to get my head down,“ Harry told us. ”I’ve worked hard and I've played every game for Leicester, so I feel my fitness is there. That was a big part for me to play because, if I ended up getting the move that I wanted, I would have been fit and in contention to play the first game. I feel like I'm ready to go, but obviously it’s the gaffer’s decision.”

MAGUIRE’S PRE-SEASON

Harry has made four appearances over the last month, beginning with a 29-minute outing in a 1-0 win over Scunthorpe United, that was followed by 45 minutes during a 2-1 success against Cheltenham Town.

The playing time was increased in his third outing of pre-season as he registered 62 minutes in Leicester’s 3-0 victory over Cambridge United, when he even got on the scoresheet with a goal.

Maguire then completed a full game in a 2-1 triumph at Stoke City and that fourth run-out was scheduled on the same day as another of the Foxes’ friendly matches, against Rotherham United.

That means our new signing appeared in every game that he was available for, ahead of Leicester's outing last Friday against Atalanta.

WHY SOLSKJAER SIGNED HIM

In a statement released on Monday, Ole heaped praise on the central defender who will hopefully play a huge role in the manager’s exciting rebuilding process this season.

“Harry is one of the best centre-backs in the game today and I am delighted we have secured his signature,” said Ole of Harry. “He is a great reader of the game and has a strong presence on the pitch with the ability to remain calm under pressure.

“Coupled with his composure on the ball and a huge presence in both boxes, I can see he will fit well into this group, both on and off the pitch.

“He has a great personality and is a fantastic addition to the club. I would like to welcome Harry to Manchester United and we are looking forward to working with him as we prepare for the new season.”

www.manutd.com
Old 08-08-2019, 10:02 AM   #24
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Harry Maguire will wear No 5 for Manchester United as the world's most expensive defender follows in the footsteps of Rio Ferdinand

* Manchester United signed Harry Maguire from Leicester for £80million
* He has been handed the No 5 shirt, like Rio Ferdinand was before him
* Marcos Rojo was the last player to wear the No 5 jersey for Manchester United
* The Argentinian changed to No 16 at the start of the 2018-19 season, however

Harry Maguire will wear No 5 for Manchester United for the upcoming season.

The world's most expensive defender was signed from Leicester for £80million on Monday.

Previous Old Trafford players to wear the No 5 shirt include Rio Ferdinand and Laurent Blanc.

Marcos Rojo was the last player to wear the No 5 for United when he joined the Red Devils in 2014.

The Argentinian changed to No 16 at the start of the 2018-19 season, however, which meant it was vacant for Maguire.

Ronny Johnsen also wore the jersey during United's iconic Treble campaign in 1999.

Lee Sharpe was the first United player to permanently hold the No 5 shirt after squad numbers were introduced in the 1993-94 season.

Ferdinand is looking forward to seeing Maguire wear the United shirt this season and knows what it is like to be the world's most expensive defender.

Harry Maguire will wear No 5 for Manchester United after signing from Leicester. Rio Ferdinand also wore No 5 at United and left as a legend after a trophy-laden 12-year spell

'Most expensive defender of all time. Harry Maguire signs for £80m. Funny enough we've both been there!' he wrote on Instagram.

'Is there pressure? Yes. Is there expectation from across the world? Definitely... Are all eyes on Me? 100 per cent. Will your team-mates be expecting big things? Of course.

'Will people be expecting a massive change in the teams fortune? Most definitely. These were the feelings, questions that were surrounding me when signing for the great club Manchester United.

'Being a centre back, I have took a keen interest In Harry Maguire's game since being linked with United under [David] Moyes. He has made huge strides in the right direction and improved in all areas of his game.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7331401/Harry-Maguire-wear-No-5-Manchester-United.html
semoga bisa jadi penerus no 5, memberikan banyak trophy seperti Rio & syukur2 lebih sukses daripada RF
Old 12-08-2019, 09:28 AM   #25
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Harry Maguire was outstanding in Manchester United's victory over Chelsea... the defender reads danger like few others

* Manchester United beat Chelsea 4-0 in the Premier League on Sunday
* Harry Maguire made his debut following his £80m move from Leicester
* The defender hardly put a foot wrong and impressed the Old Trafford crowd

Harry Maguire reads danger like you or I would read a Beano comic. It comes naturally to the 6ft 4in central defender and that is what Manchester United have paid good money for.

When he wins the ball, it is a cue for United to attack. Take a look at their second goal against Chelsea on Sunday.

The England centre back wins possession by shrugging off the challenge of Tammy Abraham on the edge of the box. Scott McTominay picks it up, feeds Marcus Rashford, who then finds Andreas Pereira. He crosses, and Anthony Martial scores.

So four passes and precisely 16 seconds after Maguire steals the ball off Abraham, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side have a 2-0 lead. United fans appreciate a good defender.

Later on in the game, whenever Maguire won a header, whenever he cleared the danger by lumping the ball into Row Z, it was greeted by cheers.

They love seeing that and the statistics show he made the most clearances, the most interceptions, and the most blocks. He inspired the crowd and his team-mates here. United kept two clean sheets in 19 Premier League outings at Old Trafford last season.

They conceded 54 goals in total – the most of any of the Big Six – and 25 of those came at home. Now, they are off and running in 2019-20. You could see the confidence coursing through Solskjaer's new signings in the second half.

The defender hardly put a foot wrong in what was a highly impressive debut at Old Trafford. The Englishman was greeted by cheers whenever he won a header during the game

Maguire was outstanding, and Aaron Wan-Bissaka was solid too. The young right back is swift into the challenge and never stops running. You can see the hunger, the desire to do well. Dan James came off the bench and got his goal.

The 21-year-old's celebration said it all. The emotion, the ecstasy. Fans connect with that. Every United supporter heading home from Old Trafford on Sunday night will have been saying, 'We've made some good signings there'. Maguire is at the forefront of that.

I know of big clubs who were tracking the 26-year-old back when he was just a teenager breaking into the first team at Sheffield United. I was surprised when he went to Hull for only £2.5million in 2014. He had potential but none of the big boys in the Premier League took a chance at the time.

Now, after paying £80m, Manchester United have him. This was a very good day for Maguire and Solskjaer's new signings.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7346713/Harry-Maguire-outstanding-Manchester-Uniteds-victory-Chelsea.html
Old 12-08-2019, 09:59 AM   #26
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'He was fantastic… I think he gave the team confidence': Jose Mourinho hails Harry Maguire after he was named man of the match on debut as former Manchester United boss rues not signing him last year

* Harry Maguire delivered an assured showing on his Man United debut
* The £80m England international was named man of the match at Old Trafford
* United eased to an impressive 4-0 victory against Chelsea on Sunday evening
* And former boss Jose Mourinho lavished praise on Maguire's performance

Jose Mourinho praised Harry Maguire's performance after the £80million signing's Manchester United debut - labeling him 'strong like a rock'.

The former Leicester centre-half, who leapfrogged Virgil van Dijk to become the world's most expensive defender last week - delivered an assured showing in United's 4-0 victory against Chelsea.

Maguire was named as the man of the match at Old Trafford, and former Red Devils boss Mourinho lavished praise on the 26-year-old.

Harry Maguire was named man of the match on his Man United debut against Chelsea. The hosts kept a clean sheet at Old Trafford in their Premier League opener and won 4-0. Former United boss Jose Mourinho praised Maguire's showing a year after he tried to sign him

Speaking in his first appearance as a Sky Sports pundit, Mourinho said: 'I think he fully deserves the man of the match. He was solid like a rock. As we know he is very important for a team to have not just the tactical knowledge to have that personality the sense of reading the game all the time.

'He was fantastic, absolutely deserved. I think he gave the team confidence. If you feel that the mistake is around the corner - the defensive mistake is around the corner - your confidence goes. When there is something there that allows you to play you feel more confident to do it.'

The Portuguese tactician was also questioned about Victor Lindelof and Maguire's budding partnership, and revealed he had wanted to sign the latter to play alongside the Swede during his tenure at Manchester.

Maguire said United had rode their luck in the first half but believed the result was justified

'You're right,' Mourinho added when asked about his desire to recruit the Sheffield-born rearguard. 'One year later!'

The former Chelsea boss was denied the chance to splash the cash on a new centre-half at Old Trafford, having already signed Eric Bailly and Lindelof during his two seasons in charge.

But Maguire finally made his move to the top flight giants under successor Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, and the stalwart stressed the importance of shutting out the opposition for United.

In his post-match interview, he said: 'It's a great start for myself and the team. We rode our luck a bit in the first half but in the second half we were a lot better. I think we thoroughly enjoyed the result in the end.

'We gave it away in dangerous areas where they could have scored but then in second half we kept the ball better. It was a convincing win in the end and a clean sheet as well.

'I was reiterating on the pitch that we wanted a clean sheet. We really need to make this place a fortress. We aren't getting carried away, we will keep improving.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7346709/Man-United-news-Jose-Mourinho-hails-Harry-Maguire-80m-defender-man-match-debut.html
Old 13-08-2019, 09:43 AM   #27
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'You can see comparisons in their games... Harry has got explosive pace people don't see': Jonny Evans compares his former defensive partner Maguire to Virgil van Dijk

* Manchester United thrashed Chelsea 4-0 on Sunday in the Premier League
* Harry Maguire proved a formidable presence at the back for the Red Devils
* It was the England international's debut for United after his £80million move

Leicester defender Jonny Evans has backed Harry Maguire to be a Manchester United hit and believes he can have a similar impact to Virgil Van Dijk at Liverpool.

England international Maguire joined United from Leicester for £80million last week, a world record for a defender.

Van Dijk helped Liverpool win the Champions League and finish second in the Premier League last season after his £75million move from Southampton in January 2018.

United kept their first clean sheet since February in Maguire's debut on Sunday, a 4-0 win over Chelsea, and Evans - who won three titles at Old Trafford - tipped him for success.

'You can see comparisons in their games (Maguire and Van Dijk), both are great on the ball, and Harry has got explosive pace people don't see,' he said.

'He is powerful, good in the air...Everyone will compare the transfer fees but it's so difficult to judge transfer fees nowadays.

'We are all human and it is weird we get traded for money. In the transfer market it's all supply and demand and things can go up and down at any moment.

Leicester defender Jonny Evans has backed Harry Maguire to be a Manchester United hit. Maguire proved a formidable presence at the back for United at Old Trafford on Sunday

'The most important thing is for him to be judged on how he plays. I don't have any worries about him there.

'He is tailor-made for Man United, it was a great move for him. He's a player they needed.

'He's got a really likeable nature about him. He will be a real hit there, he is a fantastic player.'

Evans also insisted VAR will be a success after it disallowed Leander Dendoncker's second-half strike in Sunday's 0-0 draw with Wolves.

The midfielder's initial header hit team-mate Willy Boly on the arm before he fired in. It took 98 seconds to disallow the goal but Evans believes VAR will work.

'They came up with the right decision, we've been told VAR won't step in unless it's a clear decision the referee has missed so for them to overrule the referee it must be the right call,' he said.

'A few of the Wolves players were still trying to debate the decision afterwards and you're saying 'we've got VAR, that's what it's for.' It made the right decision and done its job.'

Wolves are now preparing for Thursday's Europa League third qualifying round second leg with FC Pyunik after their 4-0 win in Armenia last week.

'It is fantastic and brilliant. For us as a football club, the games we have coming up is incredible,' said captain Conor Coady.

'We have Europe on Thursday and Manchester United on Monday.

'What more do you want for a football club? We are excited for it and will make sure we are ready for it.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7350681/Manchester-United-new-boy-Maguire-similar-impact-Van-Dijk-says-Evans.html
Old 13-08-2019, 09:46 AM   #28
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'I call him The Beast': Paul Pogba lauds Harry Maguire after his outstanding Manchester United debut in romp over Chelsea following record £80m move

* Manchester United thrashed Chelsea 4-0 on Sunday in the Premier League
* Harry Maguire proved a formidable presence at the back for the Red Devils
* It was the England international's debut for United after his £80million move
* Paul Pogba heaped praise on Maguire: 'He was really impressive. He is a leader.'

Paul Pogba has heaped praise on new Manchester United team-mate Harry Maguire following his formidable debut against Chelsea.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side ran out emphatic 4-0 winners against their top-four rivals on Sunday at Old Trafford, with Maguire a calm presence in defence on his first outing since his £80million move.

And Pogba, who shone in the second half, lauded the England international, telling French reporters: 'I call him "The Beast'.

Paul Pogba has labelled Harry Maguire 'The Beast' after making his Manchester United debut. Maguire proved a formidable presence at the back for United at Old Trafford on Sunday. Pogba hailed Maguire's physical and leadership qualities after his imposing performance

'Honestly, as you saw, C. He fit right in with us in training.

'We talked about controlling the defence well and he has a good understanding with Victor [Lindelof]. It was a very good match to start with from the whole team.'

Marcus Rashford bagged a double, while Anthony Martial and Daniel James on debut grabbed a goal each as they put Frank Lampard's side to the sword.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7348269/Paul-Pogba-lauds-Harry-Maguire-making-Man-United-debut-win-Chelsea-80m-move.html
Old 16-08-2019, 07:17 AM   #29
Andi Istiabudi
manager

'Harry Maguire Terlahir untuk Man United'
Lucas Aditya - detikSport

Manchester - Harry Maguire mendapatkan pujian dari legenda Manchester United, Peter Schmeichel. Bek 26 tahun itu disebut memang tercipta untuk The Red Devils.

Maguire menjalani pertandingan pertama bersama Man United di Liga Inggris dengan mulus. Saat melawan Chelsea, Setan Merah diantarkan memetik kemenangan 4-0 di Old Trafford, Minggu (11/8/2019).

MU pun mencatatkan clean sheet lagi setelah 11 pertandingan selalu kebobolan di Liga Inggris. Maguire dinilai menjadi obat untuk keroposnya lini belakang Man United musim lalu.

Maguire mencatatkan 7 clearence, 2 blok, dan 4 intersepsi sepanjang 90 menit dalam data yang dilansir oleh Opta.

"Saya harus bilang saat saya melihat Harry pertama kali untuk Leicester di laga perdana, dia langsung membuat saya tertarik," kata Schmeichel di Mirror.

"Dalam beberapa pertandingan saya berpikir, 'pemain ini tercipta untuk Manchester United'. Dia tak merasa terganggu dengan hal apapun."

"Semua akan setuju saat di Piala Dunia dia bermain di semua pertandingan, bermain bagus dan bisa dibilang sebagai salah satu pemain terbaik di tim Inggris," dia menambahkan.
Old 16-08-2019, 09:27 AM   #30
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Harry Maguire 'SNUBBED incredible £278,000 a week contract offer from Manchester City in favour of joining United'... despite earning almost £100,000 a week LESS at Old Trafford

* Man City's offer would've made Harry Maguire the world's best paid defender
* The centre back signed a five-year deal at Old Trafford worth £190,000 a week
* Manchester United paid Leicester City £80m - a world record fee for a defender
* Maguire put in a superb debut performance in the 4-0 victory over Chelsea

Harry Maguire turned down a huge £278,000 a week offer from Manchester City in favour of a move to Manchester United, according to reports.

The 26-year-old moved to Old Trafford in an £80million switch from Leicester last week and signed a six-year contract worth £190,000 a week - £88,000 a week less than City's offer.

According to the Daily Star, had Maguire accepted City's offer he would've earned £70m over five years and become the world's best paid defender.

Harry Maguire reportedly rejected a £278,000 offer from Manchester City to join rivals United. Maguire was given the No 5 shirt, previously worn by one of his heroes Rio Ferdinand

Maguire supported United as a child and his allegiance to his boyhood club proved to be enough to sway his decision.

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola recently confirmed he was interested in signing Maguire prior to his move to United but claimed he couldn't afford him.

'We were interested in him but we could not afford it and United could afford it,' Guardiola said.

'Maguire is an excellent, top class player, a top class central defender. He has all the qualities to work for United. They are contenders, with the players they bought like Maguire.'

The England international made a flying start to his United career by putting in a fine debut performance in a 4-0 win over Chelsea at Old Trafford last Sunday.

Maguire lined up alongside Victor Lindelof at centre back, while fellow new signing Aaron Wan-Bissaka also made his debut in a new-look back four.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7362281/Manchester-United-news-Harry-Maguire-rejected-278-000-week-offer-Manchester-City.html
mungkin Maguire gak terlalu mementingkan gaji namun lebih ke jaminan starting krn secara gak langsung berpengaruh ke panggilan timnas. kalo di City kan dia harus bersaing dengan Stone, Laporte, Otamendi u/ menjadi starting XI, sedangkan di United 'hanya' bersaing' dengan Smalling/Jones, dan di United juga lebih banyak pemain timnas Inggris. kalo performanya bagus juga nanti akan mendapatkan kenaikan gaji dikemudian hari

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 15
adaastopa5922, Andi Istiabudi, Bhayu Eka Huday, braausasda9593, Deddy Hernandez, h-ANG, penk22_, Redsbusby, Rendi Pardi, rio vander vidic, Riskur, steve.crowford, tumpal_oneunited, zudomiriku