United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > Fans Talk

Old 15-09-2010, 10:10 PM   #1
gravedigga
academy
-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
gravedigga is a jewel in the roughgravedigga is a jewel in the roughgravedigga is a jewel in the rough
Default Thoughts of Our Red Army - the 3rd with Dan and Kim Burdett

Hello United Indonesia!
Thoughts of Our Red Army is BACK!
My 3rd interview with Daniel Burdett and Kim Burdett (they are husband and wife )
they follow United since years...HOME, AWAY and EUROPE.

Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

G (gravedigga ): How's it goin guys? Still gutted after we blew away another 2 points at Goodison?

D (Daniel): I couldn't believe that we did that again. Fulham away was so hard to take, losing that late goal to them, after Nani's penalty miss. Losing those 2 goals to Everton felt even worse - we didn't learn our lesson from Fulham.

K (Kim): I still haven't got over it yet! I was so mad at the final whistle that I couldn't even speak for a while. It was just so unlike United to let their concentration slip that badly. We're used to being the ones who score late goals, not conceding them!

G: i'm surprised to know you both, a husband and wife who support United home, away and europe. How long have u both been a United fan?

D: I've been a United fan since I was about 7 years old. We used to collect Football stickers at school and I remember watching things like Match of the Day and Live matches on TV with my Gran. Manchester United was always my favourite team, even though at the time liverpool were winning League Titles and Cups.

K: I've been a United fan since I was 8 years old, just before the team started to become successful. My grandfather worked on the railways in the 1950s and told me about the time that he met the Busby Babes, travelling to an away game on the train. He made them sound magical.

G: Both of you went to Goodison last week, believe it or not i can hear your lot singing for 90 minutes. Really proud of you and our away fans. Since when you guys go travelling to away matches? Can you remember your first away match and maybe the result?

D: My first away match was quite soon after my 1st home match. It was Man City away in October 1986. It was just before Ron Atkinson was sacked. We drew 1-1 - Frank Stapleton scored for United and Mick McCarthy for City. United were really struggling at the time, but I remember that day how loud our away fans were. Very loyal fans.

K: I was going to home games for years before I ever went to any away ones. So my first away game was at Selhurst Park vs Wimbledon in April 1999 although it seemed like a home game with the amount of United fans there. It finished 1-1 if my memory serves me correct, but I can't remember who scored!

G: According to your experiences, which stadium has the greatest atmosphere around Europe? And the MOST dangerous one and most abusing home fans? Have u guys seen any supporters brawl?

D: Apart from Old Trafford, I'd say Borussia Dortmund - the fans are so close to the pitch, they have safe standing and the fans are really passionate with their support. Most dangerous - for me Leeds and Liverpool (domestic) and Roma and Juventus (Europe). We've seen loads of supporters brawling over the years. That's why we never wear any United colours at away matches - domestic or Europe outside the stadiums.

K: I could be biased and say Old Trafford has the best atmosphere, when it wants to. We get a lot of abuse saying that our support at home is rubbish, but I have never known an atmosphere like the game against Barcelona, in the Champions League Final 2nd leg in 2008. Even thinking about it now gives me goosebumps. I have never known a crowd filled with such anticipation, passion, desire and nerves as at that game. On that form, there are few places that can match Old Trafford. As for most dangerous, domestically it's probably Leeds United or Liverpool (that I've encountered). Abroad, Roma takes some beating. Inside the ground, I don't know who was worse- the fans or riot police. We saw people being pelted with coins, flares, seats, bottles... As for the riot police, they were randomly battering anyone with batons that they could get their hands on. Men, women, old, young, fit, disabled- you name it. Flying back from Rome, there were people bruised, bleeding, bandaged....it looked as if they'd been to war.

G: Can u explain how to get the away matches ticket?

D/K: The actual process is simple- you can either ring up and apply using an automated system, or apply online as long as you're a season ticket holder. Whether or not you get tickets, is another matter! There is usually a ballot that takes places to determine who gets tickets. We've applied for every domestic away game for over 20 years, so I think the club understand the loyalty that we've shown.

G: As a United fan, can i get a seat at their home end? (u can call me a Tony O'Neill fan). i heard many of Celtics sat at our home end few years ago.

D/K: To apply for tickets in a home end, you need to be a member of that club, but occasionaly some clubs may put tickets on general sale to the public - it depends on each club really. Celtic fans will have probably joined United's Membership scheme when the draw was made and applied for tickets and been successful. Or they could have bought tickets off ticket touts outside the ground or been given tickets by friends who have tickets at Old Trafford. In the corporate hospitality seats at Old Trafford - a lot were sold to Celtic fans.

G: Tell me the most memorable moment while you go to an away match? Nou Camp 99? Luzhniki 08? Or Rome 09? Will be very happy if you can add short story about the trip.

D: Moscow 2008 was the ultimate trip for me and it was even better than the Nou Camp - a lot of our friends say that - it was the best experience ever watching United - I've never had another day like that in my life. I've been very fortunate to have had many great times watching United with Moscow at the top of those experiences.

K: Moscow 2008 is by far the most unforgettable day watching United, and possibly of my entire life. The setting was terrific, the atmosphere around Red Square was great and the game, well, it just had everything. I have never been through such an intense and draining experience in my whole life, as I did during that game. When the penalty shoot out was finally one at goodness what time in the morning, I stood on my seat, let out a huge scream towards the heavens and then cried my eyes out for a few minutes. It was totally overwhelming.

G: Green and Gold. Is it just me or did you guys not see many green and gold scarves at Goodison last week? And your thought about our protest?

D:There wasn't much Green and Gold on show at Everton away. There has been a loss of momentum for this since the end of last season. I do think it was a worthwhile campaign last season as it created a greater awareness to the football world in general about the fans' unhappiness with the massive debts that the Glazers have put on the club. The Debt problem and the massive interest payments to club have to make on this will not go away and so I expect to see the protests strengthen again, probably next Spring/Summer.

K: There has been a sharp and obvious decline in the amount of green and gold scarves seen at games this season. That's obviously because of the failure of the Red Knights to mount a bid to buy the club from the Glazers. I'm still behind the idea of some kind of visual campaign, because the Glazers need to see and hear how unhappy the fans are with their ownership. It's just a shame that the Red Knights and their failure to oust the Glazers is so intrinsically linked to the Green and Gold campaign, which has somewhat devalued the impact of it.

G: Some people said its not easy being a professional footballers where you have hundreds million pounds with high end lifestyle. What's your thought about Wayne Rooney cheating on his wife Colleen?

D: With the Rooney situation I've never believed everything that's been written in the British newspapers and he's now taking legal action with one of the papers. So, I don't know what to say. If Rooney has done what the papers say, he's let a lot of people down - especially his wife and son, which he'll have to live with for the rest of his life.

K: It's not a great situation for anyone- not the Rooneys of course, or our club and the kind of publicity it has created. I'll leave all of the speculation about it to the papers, who are obviously revelling in it. But as for footballers in general, there does seem to be a disturbing trend of more and more footballers being caught cheating on their partners. I'm sure it happened in the past, but this almost seems like a weekly occurance now. Currently, there are dozens of court injunctions preventing newspapers printing many stories of footballers' indiscretions. This in itself is worrying, because it gives them almost free rein to do what they like and know that as long as they throw a bit of money at the situation and get an injunction, then nobody will find out. There are of course, some good guys left in football like Paul Scholes who married and settled down with his childhood sweetheart and has shunned the 'showbiz' lifestyle that footballers now have altogether. They are becoming fewer and fewer these days though unfortunately.

G: We have another scousers this weekend, the one that really desperate to lift League trophy again after decades. Your prediction? Tactics and starting XI?

D: It is virtually impossible to pick Fergie's starting line-ups anymore. My predicted line-up is Van der Sar, Neville, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Fletcher, Scholes, Giggs, Nani, Rooney, Berbatov. He'll be going out to win that match - so attacking formation I think.

K: Haha, anyone that knows me knows that I never make predictions. I have a knack for cursing the team anytime I feel positive about a game, or predict a win. On that basis, I'll go for a heavy defeat lol

G: Do you agree if i say our defence is weaker than last season? Who's the worst defence so far? ( i'll go with Jonny Evans )

D: We've missed the Vidic- Ferdinand partnership so far this season. When those 2 are match fit - we've got a very strong defence. Evra is probably the best left-back in the country. Jonny Evans is a back-up central defender, so will never really be a 1st choice ahead of Ferdinand or Vidic. our weakest point is at right back. We've not seen Rafael playing competitively yet and O'Shea, Wes Brown and Neville have all rotated in that position. The most important thing is for Ferdinand and Vidic to stay fit this season - that will be a big help.

K: Well looking at our last 2 away games, it's obvious that our defence hasn't been as sharp as usual. It was a shock to concede such a late equaliser at Fulham a few weeks ago, but the last couple of minutes at Everton was almost totally unheard of. The concentration and composure was sadly lacking, and a lot of it is obviously down to missing Rio. Although he had his moments last year, him and Vida have such a strong bond and understanding that they make you feel more confident before the match even starts. Evans hasn't had the best start to the season, although he did play a part when we went 11 games without conceding a goal in 2008/2009. I would question the situation at right back. I'm not convinced that O'Shea is the best option to be honest.

G: Last question, what's your thought about us, the far far away fans?
FYI i have numbers of lads, we named ourself as DNA ( Dark Night Army) who always go to the bar for every Champions League matches at 2 or 3AM till 4 or 5AM, and we have to go to work at 8 in the morning. STILL

D:United have such a dedicated fanbase all around the world - who watch all of our matches - home, away, Cup Finals and even friendlies. We are truly a global team and we should be very proud of that fact. Big respect to you all for getting up at 2/3am for our matches over there. Keep up the great support for our team.

K: United are very fortune to have such a large and loyal following abroad. Some of the most knowledgable United fans I know are from overseas, who immerse themselves in the whole history of the club. They understand what happened at Munich, the importance of winning the European Cup in 1968, how hard it hit the club when United were relegated in 1974, right through to the present day. You don't need to have been born in Manchester to know all about the most important events in the club's history and have an understanding and feeling for the aura and psyche of United. I know so-called United fans in this country that don't 'get' or understand the club as well as some overseas fans. As Ian Brown (lead singer of great Manchester band The Stone Roses) once famously said, "It's not where you're from, it's where you're at". As for watching matches in the middle of the night, during United's pre season tour in the States over the summer, I got up for the matches and that drove me crazy, so I don't know how you guys manage it every week! I have big admiration for you for that.

G: Thanks a lot for your kindness and times for this interview. We're proud of you 2!
RED ARMY! RED ARMY! RED ARMY!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buat yg belum baca edisi sebelumnya:

Thoughts of Our Red Army 1st edition with Rob Blanchette:
http://www.unitedindonesia.org/forum...ead.php?t=2422

Thoughts of Our Red Army 2nd edition with Sarah Parker:
http://www.unitedindonesia.org/forum...ead.php?t=2492

Last edited by gravedigga; 15-09-2010 at 11:57 PM..
gravedigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2010, 10:59 PM   #2
pelz
reserve player
Tim #ANU

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
pelz has a spectacular aura aboutpelz has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Thoughts of Our Red Army - the 3rd with Dan and Kim Burdett

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigga View Post
Hello United Indonesia!
Thoughts of Our Red Army is BACK!
My 3rd interview with Daniel Burdett and Kim Burdett (they are husband and wife )
they follow United since years...HOME, AWAY and EUROPE.

Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

K: United are very fortune to have such a large and loyal following abroad. Some of the most knowledgable United fans I know are from overseas, who immerse themselves in the whole history of the club. They understand what happened at Munich, the importance of winning the European Cup in 1968, how hard it hit the club when United were relegated in 1974, right through to the present day. You don't need to have been born in Manchester to know all about the most important events in the club's history and have an understanding and feeling for the aura and psyche of United. I know so-called United fans in this country that don't 'get' or understand the club as well as some overseas fans. As Ian Brown (lead singer of great Manchester band The Stone Roses) once famously said, "It's not where you're from, it's where you're at". As for watching matches in the middle of the night, during United's pre season tour in the States over the summer, I got up for the matches and that drove me crazy, so I don't know how you guys manage it every week! I have big admiration for you for that.

G: Thanks a lot for your kindness and times for this interview. We're proud of you 2!
RED ARMY! RED ARMY! RED ARMY!

Gokillllllllllllll...ditambah quote-nya Ian Brown tambah lengkap deh...
Thank you Iyas tuk sharing wawancaranya...salut pak!
pelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2010, 11:00 PM   #3
DeJu
reserve player
WBMU as always :*

DeJu is a glorious beacon of lightDeJu is a glorious beacon of lightDeJu is a glorious beacon of lightDeJu is a glorious beacon of lightDeJu is a glorious beacon of lightDeJu is a glorious beacon of light
Visit DeJu's Facebook Visit DeJu's Twitter

Keren ndan, sumpah baru tau ada ginian td dr tweetnya..
Cendol respect meluncur deh
DeJu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2010, 11:30 PM   #4
Hendy
first team
Next Year Our 21th

Location: Indonesia Raya United_Trooper: Clan Master BeratBadan: Rahasia JumlahMantan: Banyak
Thanked 1,093 Times in 512 Posts
Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Hendy has much to be proud ofHendy has much to be proud ofHendy has much to be proud ofHendy has much to be proud ofHendy has much to be proud ofHendy has much to be proud ofHendy has much to be proud ofHendy has much to be proud ofHendy has much to be proud ofHendy has much to be proud of

Visit Hendy's Facebook Visit Hendy's Twitter Visit Hendy's YouTube 21juugatsu

anjrot keren abis...ane baru baca beberapa pertanyaan doang sih tp keren bgt,,layak cendol !!!
ini baru POST MANTAP
Old 15-09-2010, 11:44 PM   #5
RedRob
first team
Foothell, bloody ball.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
RedRob is a jewel in the roughRedRob is a jewel in the roughRedRob is a jewel in the rough

well done mr. gravedigga...

ditunggu interview2 berikutnya yas...
Old 16-09-2010, 12:03 AM   #6
gravedigga
academy
-

gravedigga is a jewel in the roughgravedigga is a jewel in the roughgravedigga is a jewel in the rough

yg belum baca edisi sebelumnya, sudah gue kasih link di bagian bawah interview diatas.

Thanks semuanya...
Dedicated to all United fans around country...

and you DNA guys owe me lots! i made u famous

Last edited by gravedigga; 16-09-2010 at 12:30 AM..
gravedigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2010, 11:53 AM   #7
rondwisan
udah sebelas yaa :)

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter

Nice Oom Iyas ...

btw klo interpiu ..., minta mereka submit pic dunk ...
biar bisa diprejengin disini ...
“Let’s not underestimate the other teams. They are very good teams and there are a lot of games to play before the end of the season. We’re in a good position. But that means nothing if you don’t win the next game.” - Dimitar Berbatov
rondwisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2010, 11:56 AM   #8
GL zone
captain
Freedom of Speech....!!!

GL zone is a name known to allGL zone is a name known to allGL zone is a name known to allGL zone is a name known to allGL zone is a name known to allGL zone is a name known to allGL zone is a name known to allGL zone is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondwisan View Post
Nice Oom Iyas ...

btw klo interpiu ..., minta mereka submit pic dunk ...
biar bisa diprejengin disini ...
mungkin bisa sekalian di translate ke indonesia
biar lebih enak baca ny

nanti dapet cendol tambahan dari opa deh

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GL zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2010, 11:59 AM   #9
goodfron
first team
Eagle Flies Alone

Thanked 1,046 Times in 430 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
goodfron is just really nicegoodfron is just really nicegoodfron is just really nicegoodfron is just really nicegoodfron is just really nice

Visit goodfron's Facebook Visit goodfron's Twitter

mantab oom iyas.. ditunggu seri berikutnya
goodfron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2010, 12:02 PM   #10
rondwisan
udah sebelas yaa :)

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter

yeee ..., 1st awaynya ke tetangga sebelah ...

Quote:
D: My first away match was quite soon after my 1st home match. It was Man City away in October 1986. It was just before Ron Atkinson was sacked. We drew 1-1 - Frank Stapleton scored for United and Mick McCarthy for City. United were really struggling at the time, but I remember that day how loud our away fans were. Very loyal fans.
btw, dari bener gak sih ..., supporter2x City katanya lebih loyal daripada United fans ..., karena fanatisme kedaerahan .. ???
“Let’s not underestimate the other teams. They are very good teams and there are a lot of games to play before the end of the season. We’re in a good position. But that means nothing if you don’t win the next game.” - Dimitar Berbatov
rondwisan is offline   Reply With Quote

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 2
ipanx, NdeGue