United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 24-11-2009, 01:16 AM   #231
cr7lover
reserve player
-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
cr7lover Ready for being a real United Indonesia
Default Re: Michael Owen

you'll get it this season owen!
cr7lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2009, 07:06 PM   #232
pweechevalier
first team
-

pweechevalier has a spectacular aura aboutpweechevalier has a spectacular aura about

Selasa, 24/11/2009 12:40 WIB

Ambisi Owen di MU
Kris Fathoni W - detiksport

Manchester - Michael Owen sudah menorehkan sejumlah prestasi, kendati masih ada satu yang sejauh ini cuma bisa didambakan. Mewujudkan hal yang jadi dambaan itulah yang jadi targetnya bersama Manchester United.

Dalam karirnya bermain sepakbola, Owen sudah tampil di sejumlah pertandingan tingkat atas, bikin gol-gol hebat dan bahkan menggondol Bola Emas untuk tahun 2001 silam. Namun, Owen belum puas karena belum juara Liga Primer.

"Itu sesuatu yang sering aku pikirkan," akunya di situs resmi MU.

Di Inggris, Owen sudah pernah membela Liverpool dan Newcastle United. Peluang terbaiknya mengoleksi medali juara Liga Primer adalah musim 2001/2002 saat 'Si Merah' menuntaskan musim pada posisi dua di bawah Arsenal.

Maka dari itu ketika Owen dipinang Sir Alex Ferguson di awal musim ini, penyerang berusia 29 tahun tersebut senang bukan kepalang karena dapat membela tim yang punya kans besar untuk membantunya mewujudkan ambisi.

"Bermain untuk Sir Alex adalah daya tarik besar dan aku pikir akan sangat menyenangkan bisa tampil di Old Trafford di depan sedemikian banyak orang. Tapi yang utama buatku adalah peluang untuk memenangi piala-piala. MU adalah klub hebat dan aku senang jadi bagian tim pemenang," tandas Owen.
pweechevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2009, 07:26 PM   #233
drivemein
first team
-

drivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nice

Michael Owen: I'd Knew I'd Score Goals At Manchester United
-goal.com-

Michael Owen is enjoying life at Manchester United and has claimed that he was always confident of success at his new club after leaving Newcastle United in the summer.

Owen points to his previous record as the reason for his confidence and feels that his career statistics show his quality, however they are interpreted.

"In my own mind I never doubted I’d score goals if I stayed fit and was given time on the pitch," he told United's official website.

"How can you fail to score goals in a team like this? You’re playing with such good players that it’s impossible not to get chances.

"In Madrid it was a similar story – I didn’t start every game but I ended up with the best goals-to-minutes ratio in the league.

"You can twist stats whichever way you want. A goal every one-and-a-half games sounds good, whereas four goals in 16 games isn’t quite so impressive. But they’re both accurate.

"At the end of the day, all I’m concerned about is playing and scoring as many times as I can.

"I’ve played in a team that was struggling and I much prefer life at a winning club, even if that means I don’t play every minute of every game.

"I’m here at a club that’s full of quality, training with top players every day and working under a top manager. I’ve had my fair share of starts and minutes on the pitch this season so I’m not about to complain."

Owen earned a place in the hearts of many Red Devils with his dramatic injury time winner against Manchester City earlier in the season. It was a strike he will certainly remember.

"That moment was really special," he explained. "When I retire and I’m thinking about the top five or six thrills I got out of football I’ll definitely think about my goal in the World Cup against Argentina and scoring two in an FA Cup final.

"But scoring that goal against City is right up there with those moments."

And the striker also reveals that Sir Alex Ferguson's side did not allow their recent defeat at Chelsea to dispirit them, and he predicts that United will surge up the Premier League table after Christmas.

When we lost at Liverpool it was a different story – we didn’t perform well at Anfield – but at Chelsea there’s no way on Earth we deserved to lose that game," he asserted.

"We walked away from Stamford Bridge with our heads held high and feeling pretty happy with the way we played. There were plenty of positives to take out of that performance.

"As an outsider for many years, the image I have of Manchester United is of a team that only really hits top gear around Christmas. I remember a lot of unbeaten runs in the latter part of seasons and, looking ahead at our fixtures, we’re aiming to embark on one of those now.

"We’ve got a good opportunity – we don’t play any of the ‘big’ sides again until the end of January – so there’s definitely no need to panic over a five-point gap."
drivemein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2009, 08:54 PM   #234
hendiplast
captain
ONE OK ROCK - The Beginning

Thanked 1,534 Times in 978 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
hendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to behold

Manchester United striker Michael Owen insists: My strike rate is still up there with the best and stats don't tell the whole story

Michael Owen isn't bothered by Chelsea's five-point lead over Manchester United and cares even less about his goalscoring record this season - because he insists you can make statistics tell any story you want.

Happy with his form: Michael Owen

The ex-Liverpool, Real Madrid and Newcastle striker has netted four goals in 16 United appearances this season, proof that he is a spent force according to some critics.

But Owen, 29, is delighted with the way his unexpected chance to shine at Old Trafford is going and points to the fact that his strike rate still takes some beating.

He said: 'You can twist stats whichever way you want. A goal every one-and-a-half games sounds good, whereas four goals in 16 games isn’t quite so impressive. But they’re both accurate.

'All I’m concerned about is playing and scoring as many times as I can. At Madrid it was a similar story – I didn’t start every game but I ended up with the best goals-to-minutes ratio in the league.

'I’ve played in a team that was struggling and I much prefer life at a winning club, even if that means I don’t play every minute of every game.

'I’m here at a club that’s full of quality, training with top players every day and working under a top manager. I’ve had my fair share of starts and minutes on the pitch this season so I’m not about to complain.'

United currently trail Premier League leaders Chelsea by five points but Owen knows from bitter experience that Sir Alex Ferguson's side really come good in the New Year.

He added: 'As an outsider for many years, the image I have of Manchester United is of a team that only really hits top gear around Christmas. I remember a lot of unbeaten runs in the latter part of seasons and, looking ahead at our fixtures, we’re aiming to embark on one of those now.

Time to celebrate: Michael Owen has just scored against Barnsley for United

'We’ve got a good opportunity – we don’t play any of the "big" sides again until the end of January – so there’s definitely no need to panic over a five-point gap.

'And there’s no way on Earth we deserved to lose at Chelsea either - we walked away from Stamford Bridge with our heads held high and feeling pretty happy with the way we played. There were plenty of positives to take out of that performance.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/
hendiplast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2009, 09:00 PM   #235
hendiplast
captain

hendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to behold

Michael Owen: My United goal against City is right up there with FA Cup Final double and THAT strike against Argentina

Michael Owen admits it is still a strange feeling hearing Manchester United fans sing his name after all those years spent at Liverpool.

Back of the net: Michael Owen celebrates after scoring United's winner against City

Owen endeared himself to the red half of Manchester when he netted an injury-time winner against City in September, causing cries of 'Michael Owen is a Red' to ring round Old Trafford.

But Owen is still coming to terms with his shock summer move after suffering relegation with Newcastle and said: 'I’m not sure Gary Neville’s too pleased with me nicking his song! To be honest, 10 years ago I wouldn’t have dared dream I would one day play for United, so it’s a nice surprise.

'I’ve been very fortunate to end up here and there’s no better feeling than playing, scoring, winning a match and hearing the fans sing your name.

'I never doubted I’d score goals if I stayed fit and was given time on the pitch. How can you fail to score goals in a team like this? You’re playing with such good players that it’s impossible not to get chances.'

And that goal against City ranks up there with Owen's all-time great moments.

VIDEO: Greatest of them all? Michael Owen's 1998 World Cup wonder goal

He added: 'That moment was really special. When I retire and I’m thinking about the top five or six thrills I got out of football I’ll definitely think about my goal in the World Cup against Argentina and scoring two in an FA Cup final. But scoring that goal against City is right up there with those.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/
Old 24-11-2009, 11:32 PM   #236
drivemein
first team
-

drivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nicedrivemein is just really nice

Michael Owen is a red, he hates Scousers
-unitedrant.co.uk-

Gary Neville is far from happy that Manchester United’s Michael Owen™ has stolen his terraces song, Republik of Mancunia reports today. United supporters have, predictably adopted Neville’s “he hates Scousers” song in tribute to the former-Liverpool striker, who joined United in a free transfer deal this summer.

“I’m not sure Gary Neville’s too pleased with me nicking his song!” said Owen, who has scored four goals in 16 first team appearances this season.

“To be honest, 10 years ago I wouldn’t have dared dream I would one day play for United, so it’s a nice surprise. I’ve been very fortunate to end up here and there’s no better feeling than playing, scoring, winning a match and hearing the fans sing your name.

“I never doubted I’d score goals if I stayed fit and was given time on the pitch. How can you fail to score goals in a team like this? You’re playing with such good players that it’s impossible not to get chances.”
Old 09-12-2009, 05:52 AM   #237
drivemein
first team
-

Owen rises to United challenge
-timesonline.co.uk-

Hat-trick sinks Wolfsburg and gives Capello strong reminder

Michael Owen sent a powerful message to Fabio Capello last night as he scored the first hat-trick of his Manchester United career.

Owen starred in United’s 3-1 win away to Wolfsburg, which took Sir Alex Ferguson’s injury-ravaged team into the last 16 of the Champions League as group B winners.

His performance brought richly deserved plaudits from Ferguson, who described the forward as “fantastic”. The United manager also paid tribute to his makeshift team, who coped admirably without 15 senior members of the squad who were absent through injury, illness and ineligibility.

“You know what he [Owen] is — around that penalty box he is on the shoulder, making runs across defenders and his timing of runs is fantastic,” Ferguson said. “I’m really pleased for him.

“The system was experimental but the good thing was we had players with quality there and you have got to trust them. They are good at their jobs and they proved that again tonight.

“They have applied themselves and that’s important. Darren Fletcher [who played alongside Michael Carrick at centre half] plays all over the place and if you’ve got players like that, then adapting to a new system is never a big problem, but it’s always a concern.

“The advantage of being first in the group is that we will have the second leg at home [in the first knockout round] and it doesn’t matter who we play at Old Trafford, we always feel we have a chance there.

“Our record away from home has been fantastic but you take what you get and you’ve got to trust in the quality of your own players.”

It was the second Champions League hat-trick of Owen’s career — and his first of any kind since a treble for Newcastle United away to West Ham United four years ago — as he attempted to prove that he is still worthy of a place in Capello’s England squad for next year’s World Cup finals in South Africa.

United took the lead in the closing stages of the first half with a goal that came largely against the run of play, Owen scoring with a firm header from Nani’s cross.

Wolfsburg had enjoyed plenty of possession and it was little surprise when they equalised after 56 minutes, Edin Dzeko heading home from close range.

Owen may have had few chances to show his worth since moving to Old Trafford on a free transfer in the summer, but the goal threat that prompted Ferguson to sign him was once again evident when he struck for a second time to restore United’s lead, having been teed up by Gabriel Obertan, the United substitute.

The 29-year-old then scored his third of the night with a trademark run and finish to end the match as a contest and confirm United’s status as group winners.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:03 AM   #238
drivemein
first team
-

Owen turns back the clock with another German hat-trick
-sports.yahoo.com-

LONDON, Dec 8 (Reuters) - Out-of-favour England striker Michael Owen wound back the clock with a superb treble to lead Manchester United to a 3-1 win over VfL Wolfsburg on Tuesday.

Owen, who turns 30 next week, has been fighting to regain his place in Fabio Capello’s side and his virtuoso performance will improve his chances of a recall ahead of next year’s World Cup finals in South Africa.

“I think a lot of people probably think I’m 35 already, but I’ve been saying lately ‘I’m still in my 20s’,” the former Liverpool and Real Madrid player told Sky Sports.

“I’ve scored a few hat-tricks in my time but it’s always nice to score them.”

The treble was Owen’s first since moving to United from Newcastle United in July, his last coming for Newcastle in 2005.

Yet the most memorable came in Munich, at the beginning of Sven-Goran Eriksson’s reign as England manager.

In Sept. 2001, Owen scored a scintillating treble to down Germany 5-1 in Munich, a country he clearly enjoys playing in.

Since his international debut in 1998, Owen has gone on to play 89 times for his country, scoring 40 goals.

Recently, however, due mainly to injury and being out of favour with current manager Fabio Capello, Owen hasn’t played for his country since March 2008.

His latest exploits are bound to add weight to the claim that he should travel to South Africa next year.

The striker himself said in September he was enjoying a new lease of life after his Old Trafford move, also making light of his injury woes by saying: “I am 100 percent the same player I was in Munich (2001).”
Old 09-12-2009, 07:52 AM   #239
hendiplast
captain

'Owen Fantastis!'
Rossi Finza Noor - detiksport

Wolfsburg - Michael Owen membuktikan bahwa dirinya masihlah seorang penyerang berbahaya. Tiga gol ia lesakkan ke gawang Vfl Wolfsburg dinihari ini, membuat permainannya hanya pantas dinilai dengan satu kata: fantastis.

Pada laga terakhir di Grup B Liga Champions itu, Owen dipasang Sir Alex Ferguson sebagai penyerang tunggal. Tanpa partner seperti Wayne Rooney atau pun Dimitar Berbatov, pemain yang 14 Desember nanti bakal berusia 30 tahun ini tak tampil mengecewakan.

Ketika pertandingan memasuki menit 41, ia berhasil membawa MU unggul setelah umpan lambung Nani disambutnya dengan sebuah sundulan. Marcel Schaefer yang menjaganya gagal menghalau pergerakan penyerang bertinggi 175 cm ini.

Satu gol belum cukup, Owen pun menambahnya dengan dua gol lagi di babak kedua. Gol berikutnya lahir di menit 83 usai memanfaatkan operan Gabriel Obertan, sementara yang terakhir hadir dengan diawali tusukannya dari sisi kiri.

Inilah hattrick pertama Owen untuk The Red Devils sejak didatangkan dengan gratis pada musim panas lalu. Kalau sudah begini, Sir Alex bisa jadi adalah orang yang paling senang. Pilihannya menarik mantan penyerang Liverpool dan Real Madrid ini tak salah.

"Owen fantastis! Terutama di dalam kotak penalti. Dia terus menempel para bek, dia berlari melewati para bek dan timing larinya juga menakjubkan," ucap Fergie kepada Sky Sports.

"Saya turut senang untuknya, ini sangat hebat untuknya."

Tiga gol tersebut membuat koleksi gol Owen untuk MU bertambah menjadi tujuh. Ia sudah mencetak empat gol di Liga Champions, dua di Premier League dan satu di ajang Piala Carling.

Melihat trigol-nya hari ini, mampukah Owen terus menambah koleksi golnya?

( roz / key )
Old 09-12-2009, 08:07 AM   #240
hendiplast
captain

Michael Owen is still one of the best, says Sir Alex Ferguson

• Striker rediscovers scoring touch with hat-trick
• Stunning display could lead to England recall

Sir Alex Ferguson said Michael Owen remains one of the world's most dangerous strikers after a hat-trick by his summer signing gave an injury-ravaged Manchester United an unlikely 3-1 Champions League win at Wolfsburg last night.

Owen has experienced a slow-burn beginning to his United career since arriving from Newcastle but his goals against the German champions afforded a defensively makeshift team a victory which ensured they finished top of their group.

"Michael Owen is one of the very best strikers around in terms of his positional play and finishing," said United's manager on an evening when the striker may have reignited his hopes of reviving his England career in South Africa next June.

With Wayne Rooney and Dimitar Berbatov sidelined by injury, Owen, overlooked by Fabio Capello, was afforded a rare start by his club. Asked if he had staked a claim to begin games on a more regular basis, Ferguson said: "Absolutely. The real evidence of ability is always found on the football field and Michael has given us plenty of that tonight.

"Michael has improved steadily in training since joining us but, in some games recently, we've chosen to play just one central striker. We had a different system featuring two strikers tonight, Michael's proved his worth in it and we're delighted."

Owen played down his display. "Me getting three goals will probably grab the headlines but it was a great team performance," he said. "I was playing deep with us having so many players out and we were trying to protect the [defence]."

Owen relieved the pressure on a back three comprising Darren Fletcher, Michael Carrick and Patrice Evra, the latter being Ferguson's sole fit recognised defender. "I was very pleased with the defence," said Ferguson. "Obviously changing the system was a risk but Wolfsburg's strikers, Edin Dzeko and Grafite are very imposing and I thought three centre-backs would give us a better than normal chance against them.

"There was pressure on Wolfsburg to get something and that meant we could be patient. They missed two good first-half opportunities from two headers and it would have been difficult for us if they'd taken the lead but we caught them on the counter-attack."

Ferguson has never been a 3-5-2 man but Carrick's performance in an unaccustomed sweeping role will have given him – and possibly even Capello – food for thought. Admittedly he was fortunate not to concede a penalty but, rather like Glenn Hoddle and Ruud Gullit, it is not impossible that the elegant midfielder could yet end his career reinvented as a libero.

If United rode their luck at times, fortune similarly smiled on their manager in terms of the medical bulletins from home. Ferguson confirmed there was good news from the treatment room before Saturday's Premier League game against Aston Villa. "[Nemanja] Vidic should be fit, Ryan Giggs will be fine and we expect Rooney to be back," said Ferguson. "I hope I can start with a back four of Fletcher, Vidic, Carrick and Evra."

Among the teams United could face are Bayern Munich, who won 3-1 at Juventus to finish second to Bordeaux in Group A, and Milan, runners-up to Real Madrid in Group C. "It's great being top so we play at home second," Owen said. "But I'm not going to lie, you want as weak a side as possible. [But] if a team has got to first or second in the Champions League, there are no weak sides, although you obviously want to avoid the big boys."

Wolfsburg finished third in the group but there were suggestions last night that second-placed CSKA Moscow could be thrown out of the Champions League after Uefa said two of their players, Sergei Ignashevich and Alexei Berezutsky, tested positive for a banned substance after the match at Old Trafford on 3 November.

The pair were suspended from last night's win at Besiktas and their case is due to be heard by a Uefa disciplinary committee on 17 December. CSKA said the pair had been the victims of a procedural error by the club's medical staff, who failed to inform Uefa they were on cold medicine. The drug taken had not been on a prohibited list but still needed to be disclosed.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/dec/

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 153
-Ybb3F-, 73Rien, Aba_MaczUnited, adittelor, adrieee, albriham, aLdo, aldysetiabudi, alfiandrmwn, ali_iyan, amed_aja, aMieBeckz, Anak.Kecil, and1, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, AndreasBelitung, Ardiey11, arief_oct, arymashuda, Aso Chrisjefta, bang_zak, beckz_on7, bimbim, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bmanutd, caesar, christof_ww, Craze_26, Damsonder91, dannyboy, Deddy Hernandez, derry07cantona, dery pramudito, der_emperor, dhafiarf, Dhanny09, dhodoadrian, dudut, ecly_watchaa, edhowin, edroid, Efri Loebay, eyeofday, fadilbedil, Fajar_, fajrinited, fatzzjoe, FauCAN7ONA, Federico27, ferly_Liemz, fey777, fickarardana, fikrirf, FirdaAnnisa, franky winata, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, GeaErang, giggs26, Gustiono, h-ANG, Haji Paidin, hendiplast, HenryRooney07, Hilman-Bukan-Superman, iamsetia, id4y, ilhamsiddak, ing areese, irfan_mancunianred, irfi_1, irhamutd, IskandarJool, jerryap, jifortin, Juni HW, kingherooney, King_Cantona, leo aryo, Lucky_Cantona007, Mahesa_Jenar, MichaelMU, moehfar, MUFC1878, muhammad rere albani, mygalzbiatch, Nachir_79, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, Nemanje, normansyahrizal, novanprihasa, octus, oldark, ollacarla, panda777, penk22_, pukimax, Rean, red, Redsbusby, red_devilz, rian4, rio vander vidic, ronald hars, ronysnaja, roodee_UID, ruffy3rd, sepatu_ancur, Septiansyah, sidictheninetythree, sompretz, SR 7, stamansa, sudrab, Syarifeghy, taz_devil_utd, TedjoVi, theater of dream, tietocinex, tovanokristan, Trezz Kiko, tumpal_oneunited, tyquack, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, UNITED1878, united7, unromantic_dio, VaDLi, vanquish, Van_Munandar, Victory, vivasoilsolid, wahyou91, wazza_ampuh, Wira Atman, wira_ozora, xkeiszglf34, Zee de Wazza, zizitchy, zudomiriku, [skywalker]