United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Players

Old 16-07-2022, 09:48 PM   #1
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute
Default Zidane Iqbal

Manchester United fans go wild for Zidane Iqbal after his latest stunning piece of skill against Melbourne Victory, as some demand Erik ten Hag 'starts him and Charlie Savage over McFred' in midfield next season

* Manchester United youngster Zidane Iqbal played 45 minutes today
* United were facing Melbourne Victory in their latest pre-season friendly tie
* The 19-year-old produced a fine piece of skill before United won the game 4-1
* Social media reacted, calling for more minutes for the midfielder this season

Manchester United fans have been sent into ecstasy after youngster Zidane Iqbal's performance in their latest pre-season friendly.

The 19-year-old played the second half of the Red Devils' match against Melbourne Victory in Australia and produced a fine piece of skill to keep control of the ball under pressure just before the hour mark.

Now United fans have reacted on social media, penciling in the Iraq international for a big future.

One fan Tweeted: 'My word Zidane Iqbal is class,' with another backing up the statement, posting: 'So satisfying to watch Zidane Iqbal play.'

@DeepRedDevil2 added: 'Zidane Iqbal, what a fantastic footballer he is. One for the future!'

Many supporters even tipped the youngster for minutes this season.

Zidane Iqbal impressed playing for Manchester United in their latest pre-season fixture. The 19-year-old played 45 minutes against Melbourne Victory under new boss Erik ten Hag. ten Hag has already told United's youngsters that they will be given the chance to impress

'Zidane Iqbal simply has to get minutes this season. Unreal talent,' said @utdyoda.

'How is Zidane and Savage a better double pivot than Scott and Fred,' asked @samono21, in reference to the performance of Iqbal and fell youth star Charlie Savage, son of former professional Robbie.

@Regi1700 rounded up the calls for more first-team action for Iqbal, posting: 'Zidane Iqbal is playing his way into Ten Hag's first-team plans. Silky baller.'

One user even joked that Manchester United should call off their pursuit for Barcelona midfielder Frenkie de Jong following Iqbal's showing.

The 25-year-old is being pushed to Old Trafford by Barca, but does not want to leave.

@_ataas_ Tweeted: 'I’ve seen enough man cancel that De Jong deal Zidane is HIM.'

An additional user added to the light-heart comedy, posting: 'Zidane Iqbal is the best Zidane to play football. No one can tell me otherwise…'

United went onto win the game 4-1 despite going 1-0 down in the first half after their defence was split open.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11017415/Manchester-United-fans-wild-Zidane-Iqbal-stunning-skill-against-Melbourne-Victory.html
dibanding Robbie, sepertinya Zidane akan mendapatkan menit bermain lebih banyak musim ini, terlebih jika FdJ gagal direkrut. setelah Elanga bersinar musim lalu sepertinya Zidane akan menjadi salah satu younger yg akan bersinar dibawah asuhan ETH
Old 18-07-2022, 02:48 AM   #2
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Zidane Iqbal

Dari namanya, sepertinya orangtuanya terinspirasi dari sosok Zinedine Zidane
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2022, 09:26 AM   #3
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Zidane Iqbal vows to have 'no regrets' as the teenager continues to impress in pre-season... with the midfielder admitting this is maybe the 'ONLY chance' he will get to cement his place in Erik ten Hag's Man United squad

* Zidane Iqbal has been handed a chance to impress at Man United in pre-season
* He is determined to make the most of his opportunity in the senior side
* Iqbal wants to show that he belongs in the first team moving forward
* He has not ruled out going out on loan if he feels he will struggle for game time

Manchester United teenager Zidane Iqbal wants to make the most of his opportunity in the first team as he is aware that this may be the only chance he gets to impress Erik ten Hag.

Iqbal has made just one brief substitute appearance for the senior side in competitive matches, but he has been used in the second half of both United's pre-season friendlies to date.

The 19-year-old has caught the eye, and did not look out of place when coming up against the likes of Fabinho, Thiago Alcantara and Naby Keita during United's 4-0 win against Liverpool. Iqbal hopes to continue to make his mark, and is adamant that he will be left with 'no regrets'.

'I have told myself: "This could be the only chance I get in the first team,"" he said to reporters while on United's pre-season tour of Australia.

Zidane Iqbal has impressed in pre-season for Manchester United in the side's midfield. He is hoping to prove that he belongs in Erik ten Hag's plans moving forward. Iqbal has looked at home in the United side, and is enjoying the club's pre-season tour

'It has been part of my game since I was young, always wanting the ball. I just do what I do and whatever is meant to be will be. I will have no regrets.

'I will just try to do my best on the pitch and leave it up to God really. I would like to thank the fans for showing me all the love and support recently. It is an amazing feeling. Thank you.'

Iqbal has come through United's academy, and recently signed a contract extension to keep him at Old Trafford until 2025.

However, he has not ruled out leaving the club on loan if he feels that his opportunities are going to be limited this season.

'I have grown up loving this club. I have played here since I was eight or nine. To play in front of 90,000 people [in Bangkok]. It is something I dreamed of,' he added.

'To play against Victory and against Liverpool, even in the Champions League. It is hard to describe. [But] if an opportunity came up to go out on loan, I would weigh up the pros and cons. Right now it is too early to say. See what the future holds.'

With United picking up back-to-back resounding wins in pre-season, Iqbal has claimed that the mood within the squad is a positive one, while he has insisted that he does not feel any extra pressure to succeed, despite being one of the only south Asian footballers in the top-flight.

He continued: 'There is definitely a good vibe around the team. It is a new manager, early doors, but the ideas he has given us, two good results, everyone is happy in training. Everyone is giving 100% which is the best kind of atmosphere.

'Obviously there are not many south Asians playing, but if you are good enough, I believe you will make it no matter where you come from. I don't pay too much attention to it.

'I am just trying to take my journey on. Whatever is meant to be. I will always give 100 per cent in training and matches. If I am inspiring people along the way, that is brilliant.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11022087/Zidane-Iqbal-wants-make-chance-impress-Man-United-boss-Erik-ten-Hag.html
Old 25-07-2022, 11:17 AM   #4
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Dubbed the new Zizou, Man United starlet Zidane Iqbal has taken pre-season by storm after standing up to Fabinho, Thiago and Keita before showboating against Melbourne Victory - so, who is the versatile young midfielder?

* Zidane Iqbal has excelled for Manchester United on their pre-season tour
* The 19-year-old featured for United against Liverpool and Melbourne Victory
* He did not look out of place against Fabinho, Thiago Alcantara and Naby Keita
* Iqbal also executed an impressive piece of skill against Melbourne Victory
* Sportsmail have rounded up all the must know details about the rising star

Zidane Iqbal has been hitting the headlines for all the right reasons after excelling on Manchester United's pre-season tour this summer.

However, there is still so much to learn about the 19-year-old starlet who has already captured the hearts of the Old Trafford faithful.

The teenage midfielder was introduced to United fans last season when he made his professional debut in the Champions League during a 1-1 draw against Young Boys in December. However, little came from his cameo.

Nevertheless, United made the decision to hand Iqbal a new long-term deal that will keep him at Old Trafford until 2025. A decision which is now regarded as music to United fans' ears after watching him on tour this summer.

Zidane Iqbal has been excelling for Manchester United on their pre-season tour this summer

The 19-year-old did not look out of place when coming up against the likes of Fabinho, Thiago Alcantara and Naby Keita during Man United's 4-0 win against Liverpool.

Iqbal also showed off his impressive skillset in the second half of the Red Devils' match against Melbourne Victory in Australia. One particular move just before the hour mark even ended up going viral.

He has also been recognised internationally, playing for Iraq's national team in World Cup qualifiers against Iran and Lebanon off the bench.

As a result, Sportsmail have rounded up all the must know details about the player and dug out the quirky bits of information you've all been dying to know about.

Where has Iqbal been hiding?

Iqbal may be regarded as Manchester United's shiny new toy but the 19-year-old actually joined the Red Devils at the age of nine in 2012. However, featuring for the first-team before hitting double figures wasn't exactly on the cards.

As a result, he plied his trade in the academy set-up before being handed his first-team debut in United's 1-1 draw against Young Boys in the Champions League last season.

Iqbal - who was given the nod alongside Robbie Savage's son Charlie - flew under the radar for the remainder of the 2021-2022 campaign but burst onto the scene this summer after excelling during United's pre-season tour.

Iqbal was handed his first-team debut by Ralf Rangnick in Manchester United's 1-1 draw against Young Boys in the Champions League last season (above)

What makes Iqbal so special and is he worth the hype?

Lots of young players get hyped up after a few good performances and end up falling off the radar. So, those cynics out there have been asking what makes Iqbal special?

It's a reasonable question to ask and one that I will answer as best as I can you. Iqbal is a box to box midfielder that knows how to connect with the strikers and bring his fellow midfielders into the game.

Iqbal enjoys operating in an advanced position - delivering balls into the wide areas for the wingers to run onto. He also uses his impressive skillset to beat players in the middle of the park before gunning forwards.

Iqbal is known (well, as known as you can be at 18 years old) for being a natural risk-taker. His flair has seen him unlock some of the best defences in the world. A characteristic you either have or you don't!

However, what makes Iqbal so special is his decision making and composure in tight spaces. He has the ability to go forwards and initiate an attack but he also knows when to hold onto the ball and build-up play.

That being said, Iqbal must learn to 'turn up' to every game after disappearing into the background during Manchester United's 3-1 win over Crystal Palace.

The 19-year-old came off the bench in the 66th minute of the game but did little in influence play.

Iqbal's favourite position and who is at risk next year

So, where can we expect to see Iqbal playing next season? And, who could he kick out of the current Manchester United squad? Well, Iqbal's preferred position is in the No 10 but he is versatile and open to changes.

Speaking to United view during the Red Devils' pre-season tour, Iqbal said: 'I don't mind playing in a double pivot, as a No 10 or on the wing, anywhere the manager asks me to play.

'When I was younger I used to play as a No 10, but over time you adapt your game a bit more. But if it's the wing, or anywhere, I don't mind as long as I am on the pitch.'

Fans have already hinted that Fred and Scott McTominay could be at risk next season as they believe Iqbal and Savage's partnership is move beneficial for Manchester United.

Iqbal is a box to box midfielder that knows how to connect with the strikers and bring his fellow midfielder's into the game. He also has an expansive skill set that makes him dangerous. Iqbal has been described as a younger version of United's primary target Frenkie de Jong

Is it true Iqbal is like a mini Frenkie de Jong?

Erik ten Hag has struggled to make any real progress when it comes to securing the services of Frenkie de Jong this summer. But, fear not United fans as Iqbal is similar to the Barcelona midfielder in more ways than one.

Iqbal - just like De Jong - glides across the pitch and makes running with the ball look like light work. He also has an unparalleled sense of spatial awareness. Iqbal knows exactly how to pick up the ball and which way to turn to avoid pressure.

Iqbal is also regarded as the complete midfielder as he not only has an impressive passing range, he has the ability to put the ball into the back of the net.

What's been said about him?

Iqbal's old coach Stewart Hamer told Manchester Evening News: 'He had a great attitude, he was always willing to learn and he played with a big smile on his face. He was quite happy to do whatever we challenged him to do.

'Everyone took their part in being a goalkeeper, for example, and he'd take his part in the net just like everyone else.'

Hamer continued: 'We had quite a bit of success if you can call it that at that stage, and Zidane was at the heart of that.

'There were times when we would play six-a-side competitions and he would be basically ripping it up.

United fans have also taken to social media to heap praise on the youngster. One supporter Tweeted: 'My word Zidane Iqbal is class,' with another backing up the statement, posting: 'So satisfying to watch Zidane Iqbal play.'

While the likes of @DeepRedDevil2 added: 'Zidane Iqbal, what a fantastic footballer he is. One for the future!'.

'How is Zidane and Savage a better double pivot than Scott and Fred,' asked @samono21, in reference to the performance of Iqbal and fell youth star Charlie Savage, son of former professional Robbie.

@Regi1700 rounded up the calls for more first-team action for Iqbal, posting: 'Zidane Iqbal is playing his way into Ten Hag's first-team plans. Silky baller.'

How has Iqbal become a star off the pitch?

Iqbal has made waves off the pitch as well as on it by playing an influential role in the Professional Footballers' Association Asian Inclusion Mentoring Scheme (Aims).

The 18-year-old prides himself on being a 'good role model' to the next generation and says he is eager to support Asian youngsters as they try to make their way in sport.

Iqbal previously said: 'Of course I'd like to be a good role model. I see lots of people saying, "Oh, you're a role model" and I try to take that on in everything I do, really.'

Iqbal is also a humble character. This can be evidenced by the time Iqbal attended an Aims event last summer. He was bombarded by young fans who were desperate to take pictures with him.

He stopped and greeted each fan - posing for snaps along the way. Riz Rehman, the PFA's player inclusion executive, was extremely impressed with his behaviour and even commented on it after the event.

He said: 'I think that demonstrated just how humble he is, it says everything about him. Zidane never makes it about himself. He's always thinking about others.'

Iqbal is also known for taking the time to reply to young fans asking for advice over social media. He is also known for taking part in the occasional FIFA game with his supporters.

But what are Iqbal's downfalls? There has to be some!

I certainly wouldn't say it is a downfall, but it is important to remember Iqbal is just 19 years old. It will take time for him to develop into the footballer we all believe he can be.

He is also regarded as a free spirit on the pitch and although flare can be exciting to watch, it's important to have stability in the midfield. Therefore, it remains to be seen as to how Iqbal will fare in the Premier League.

Additionally, Iqbal must work on the defensive side of his game to establish himself as the complete midfielder Manchester United so desperately crave.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11024645/Who-Zidane-Iqbal-Manchester-United-starlet-grabbing-headlines.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 3
Andi Istiabudi, rio vander vidic, zudomiriku