United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Lounge

Old 02-10-2009, 11:06 AM   #1
pelz
reserve player
Tim #ANU

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
pelz has a spectacular aura aboutpelz has a spectacular aura about

Default Berba : My Hell as a United Flop

DIMITAR BERBATOV admits he was a failure in his first season with Manchester United and the stress of it all gave him sleepless nights.

In his most revealing interview yet, the Bulgarian striker also describes how self doubt and the spectre of legends at Old Trafford have plagued him.

Berbatov, 28, said: "In my first year I was disappointed in myself. I need to say that.

"It was a big pressure for me and maybe I failed myself. I think I wanted to prove myself to these supporters.

"You must remember, they are used to Best, Charlton, Cantona. I am just Dimitar.

"I got a number of assists, but I must score more goals."

Berbatov admits things got so bad for him last season as the critics began to round on him that he would lie awake at nights.

He added: "I don't know what I am doing wrong sometimes. Maybe it's luck, maybe it's me... who knows?

"At nights I have stayed awake thinking, 'You could have done this instead'."

The former Bayer Leverkusen ace also concedes he struggled to control his nerves.

He said: "My nerves were too much and that is my responsibility."

Berbatov has made 53 appearances for United - scoring 16 times - since his £30.75million switch from Tottenham on transfer deadline day in August last year.

Two months into his second season he still splits opinion among

United fans, with some seeing the clever flicks as inspirational and others seeing his languid style as just plain lazy.

The accusations he was not trying reached him, though, and began to affect him to the point he had to check the statistics to see if it was true.

Berbatov revealed: "I will be honest. This criticism did affect me, but not in a negative way.

"I looked at our ProZone stats and saw that I was ninth in distance covered.

"I am kind of a nerd. I looked at them too much, maybe. By the end of the season I was fourth. Maybe this season I will be first!"

But Berbatov has failed to shrug off the reputation of being lazy on the pitch.

He said: "This is my style of play. I don't run for no reason. I am always alert and ready."

But Berbatov recognises some fans have not been happy with him since he arrived and insisted: "That is my fault, not theirs. It is me who must change.

"Manchester United are their club. They have treated me perfectly since I came."

Berbatov scored his second goal of the season when crucially breaking the deadlock at Stoke last Saturday.

United went on to win 2-0 at the Britannia Stadium to go top of the Premier League.

But while he is more satisfied now with his game in general, he admits the goalscoring tally must increase.

He added: "I am more pleased with my overall game in this second season already.

Advertisement

"I feel that I have integrated myself better into the team. I am much stronger, much fitter. But I still wish I could score more."

Berbatov says the pressure does not come from his huge price tag because he believes it is totally unrealistic. He said: "Who can live up to that sort of money? Nobody can. If I think about that money it is crazy to me. I can't believe it."

The striker often looks as if the weight of the world is on his shoulders but he maintains that inside he is enjoying himself.

He added: "I am a footballer playing for the best club in the world.

"I am playing with legends like Scholes, Giggs and Rooney. Being coached by a man like Sir Alex Ferguson. How can I not be happy?"

Berbatov may not have won over all the supporters but he certainly has impressed strike partner Wayne Rooney.

The England star is full of praise for Berbatov and said: "He is playing some good football and has had some unfair criticism.

"Sometimes with his body language it doesn't look as though he's working but he is. And he showed some fantastic touches and created some great opportunities for our team against Wolfsburg when he came on."

Rooney also insists United have shown their critics there is life after Cristiano Ronaldo.

And he believes the squad have responded to the wing wizards's £80m departure to Real Madrid by playing more as a team.

He said: "Yes, we lost to Burnley but we have won every game since and yet this week still got criticised.

"We are playing different football. Obviously last season the team was based a lot around Cristiano but this year there are a few more players chipping in with goals, which is great to see."

And Rooney said: "It's no surprise to see how well Cristiano is doing at Real. He's rightfully the best player in the world and I'm sure he'll continue to do well."
(thesun.co.uk)
pelz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pelz For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2009, 12:04 PM   #2
pelz
reserve player
Tim #ANU

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
pelz has a spectacular aura aboutpelz has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Berba : My Hell as a United Flop

tetap semangat berba! kita akan mendukung
pelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:13 PM   #3
pweechevalier
first team
-

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
pweechevalier has a spectacular aura aboutpweechevalier has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelz View Post

Berbatov may not have won over all the supporters but he certainly has impressed strike partner Wayne Rooney.

The England star is full of praise for Berbatov and said: "He is playing some good football and has had some unfair criticism."

"Sometimes with his body language it doesn't look as though he's working but he is. And he showed some fantastic touches and created some great opportunities for our team against Wolfsburg when he came on."

(thesun.co.uk)
Bahkan Rooney pun mengakui sentuhan2 ajib Berba, hehe...iya kan??
Ayo Berba, lanjutkan perjuanganmu, buktikan (setan) merahmu!!!

wisnu cimol

Last edited by pweechevalier; 02-10-2009 at 12:16 PM..
pweechevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:26 PM   #4
dancoloveunited
first team
United till I die

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
dancoloveunited is a jewel in the roughdancoloveunited is a jewel in the roughdancoloveunited is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

But Berbatov recognises some fans have not been happy with him since he arrived and insisted: "That is my fault, not theirs. It is me who must change.

"Manchester United are their club. They have treated me perfectly since I came."
it's good if you recognize me...

baguslah kalo lo nyadar... awas kalo kagak berubah juga..!
dancoloveunited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 03:11 PM   #5
hendiplast
captain
ONE OK ROCK - The Beginning

Thanked 1,534 Times in 978 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
hendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to beholdhendiplast is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: BerbaFLOP

Berbatov Dihantui Best, Charlton & Cantona
Kris Fathoni W - detiksport

Manchester - Tak ada bantahan dari Dimitar Berbatov jika orang menilai dia gagal pada musim pertamanya di Manchester United. Kritikan itu bahkan bikin dirinya suka kepikiran, meski juga terpacu untuk membenahi penampilan.

Dibeli MU dari Tottenham Hotspur seharga lebih dari Rp 460 miliar, ekspekstasi di pundak Berbatov sama sekali tidak kecil. Sayang dari penampilan di musim pertamanya berkostum 'Setan Merah', si penyerang Bulgaria belum terlalu memesona sesuai harganya.

"Di tahun pertamaku aku kecewa dengan diriku sendiri. Aku dalam tekanan besar dan mungkin aku gagal unjuk gigi. Aku pikir aku ingin membuktikan diri kepada para fans," aku Berbatov di The Sun.

"Anda harus ingat, mereka terbiasa dengan (George) Best, (Bobby) Charlton, (Eric) Cantona. Sedangkan aku hanya seorang Dimitar. Aku bikin sejumlah assist, tapi aku harus lebih banyak bikin gol," tegas dia usai merujuk kepada sejumlah nama pemain besar MU.

Akibat ketidakmampuannya tampil prima itulah Berbatov lantas jadi sasaran kritikan, baik dari kalangan pemerhati sepakbola maupun para pendukung MU. Ternyata itu pun tak luput dari perhatiannya sehingga terus-terusan memikirkan.

"Aku tak tahu terkadang di mana kesalahanku. Mungkin perkara keberuntungan, mungkin akunya yang salah..entahlah. Di malam hari aku terus terjaga dan berandai-andai, 'Mungkin aku harusnya tadi aku melakukan ini saja ketimbang berbuat begitu (di lapangan)'."

Salah satu kritikan terbesar yang dialamatkan ke mantan pemain CSKA Sofia dan Bayer Leverkusen tersebut adalah pergerakannya di lapangan. Dia dituding sebagai pemain yang malas bergerak.

"Aku akan jujur, kritik itu sudah mempengaruhiku, tapi bukan dalam cara negatif. Aku mencermati statistik ProZone (analisis data sebuah tim yang dipergunakan manajer) dan melihat bahwa tadinya aku ada di peringkat sembilan dalam hal jarak tempuh."

"Aku itu agak-agak nerd. Mungkin aku lantas jadi terus-terusan melihatnya dan di akhir musim aku ada di tempat keempat. Mungkin saja musim ini aku akan ada di tempat pertama!" seru dia.

( krs / a2s )
hendiplast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:51 PM   #6
theater of dream
Come on beibeh......

Thanked 1,219 Times in 846 Posts
Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
theater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant future

Visit theater of dream's Facebook Visit theater of dream's Twitter

Quote:
He said: "This is my style of play. I don't run for no reason. I am always alert and ready."
If we look carefuly Berba was different, yes he look like a bit lazy but has more lovely touches such a tricks..
Quote:

The England star is full of praise for Berbatov and said: "He is playing some good football and has had some unfair criticism.

(thesun.co.uk)
Really unfair for him, when we think that he play well just when he scores or make a assist..
theater of dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:35 PM   #7
marsel david
captain
I'M BACK!!

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
marsel david is a name known to allmarsel david is a name known to allmarsel david is a name known to allmarsel david is a name known to allmarsel david is a name known to allmarsel david is a name known to allmarsel david is a name known to all

ayoo Berba
musim ini harus jauh lebih baik dari musim kemaren... tunjukkan kalo kamu memang pantas berada di Manchester United...
semangat Berba....
marsel david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:10 PM   #8
Craze_26
first team
If you can't Chant... LEARN IT

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Craze_26 is a glorious beacon of lightCraze_26 is a glorious beacon of lightCraze_26 is a glorious beacon of lightCraze_26 is a glorious beacon of lightCraze_26 is a glorious beacon of lightCraze_26 is a glorious beacon of light

Berbatov... wah, kalau sudah mau ngomongin si Bulgaria satu ini bisa beribet dan panjang (belum lagi kemungkinan komentar berubah menjadi cacian... hehehehehehe...)

tapi ya, memang Berba sudah mulai menunjukan beberapa perubahan di beberapa pertandingan musim ini, perubahan signifikan adalah Berba tidak lagi terlihat seperti berjalan....

mau namanya "It's his style of play that he sometime seem lazy" atau mau memang dia "Lazy"... musim ini Berba terlihat lebih sering mengejar bola dan atau bergerak membuka ruangan (sebenarnya menjelang akhir musim kemaren Berba juga sudah mulai terlihat melakukan hal ini)

tapi yang pasti Berba akan terus dikritik adalah goal scoring dia..., di awal musim ini aja, Berba sudah membuang banyak sekali peluang.... 4 diantaranya pada pertandingan melawan Manchester City kemaren..., ini bisa merupakan pertanda Berba adalah finisher jelek atau juga pertanda bahwa Berba sudah mulai mengenal dan beradaptasi dengan United, sehingga ia dapat mencari posisi yg tepat untuk menerima bola...

Berba butuh untuk terus melatih kembali finnishing touch dia yang dulu. He is a great player never the less, other wise, Fergie would not have bought him...

Craze_26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:44 PM   #9
rondwisan
udah sebelas yaa :)

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter

klo mo ngomongin Berba dengan panjang lebar ..., sok atuh ke thread debat Oom Patsky ....
rondwisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:23 PM   #10
theater of dream
Come on beibeh......

Thanked 1,219 Times in 846 Posts
Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
theater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant future

Visit theater of dream's Facebook Visit theater of dream's Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondwisan View Post
klo mo ngomongin Berba dengan panjang lebar ..., sok atuh ke thread debat Oom Patsky ....
Disana orang nya galak2 om hihihi
theater of dream is offline   Reply With Quote

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 0
There are no names to display.