United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > OUTSIDE UNITED > General Football > Previews & Reviews

Old 07-05-2011, 11:07 AM   #1
rondwisan
udah sebelas yaa :)

Thanked 4,736 Times in 2,701 Posts
Mentioned: 567 Post(s)
rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute
Visit rondwisan's Facebook Visit rondwisan's Twitter
Default [Europa League Final] Porto 1-0 Braga

[Europa League Final] Porto vs Sporting Braga

[Europa League Final] Porto vs Braga
Kamis, 19 Mei 2011
Kick Off : 01.45 WIB
Venue : Aviva Stadium, Dublin - Ireland

Porto vs Sporting Braga

Tahun ini tahunnya Portugal, 3 semifinals (ama Sporting Lisbon) telah mengukuhan Portugal sebagai salah satu negara bola yang patut diperhitungkan
“Let’s not underestimate the other teams. They are very good teams and there are a lot of games to play before the end of the season. We’re in a good position. But that means nothing if you don’t win the next game.” - Dimitar Berbatov
rondwisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:14 AM   #2
theater of dream
Come on beibeh......

Thanked 1,219 Times in 846 Posts
Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
theater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant futuretheater of dream has a brilliant future

Visit theater of dream's Facebook Visit theater of dream's Twitter
Default Re: [Europa League Final] Porto vs Braga

Duo Portugal yah...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
theater of dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:48 PM   #3
MUFC1878
academy
@davidliem11

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
MUFC1878 is suspected as a scouser

ga nyangka braga yg ke final.....pdhl berharap benfica v porto

anyway....final sih kyknya milik porto
He was the boy who played like a man and now he is the man who plays like a boy. -Ryan Giggs #11-
MUFC1878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2011, 09:34 AM   #4
rondwisan

rondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond reputerondwisan has a reputation beyond repute

Once in a lifetime
Soccernet, Andy Brassell - May 17, 2011

This is a Europa League final of firsts - the first time the final has been played in Ireland, the first time the two finalists have been so geographically close (the cities of Porto and Braga are less than 50km apart), and the first time that SC Braga have ever appeared in a European final. As befits the nature of Portuguese domestic football, it will also be a final in the truest sense of the word.

That this is the case for Braga is a certainty, with coach Domingos Paciencia last week confirming the worst-kept secret in the country and admitting the Dublin showpiece will be his final duty as head coach. He is likely to be followed out of the front door at the Estadio Municipal by a string of his most influential players. Goalkeeper Artur was spotted at Lisbon airport this weekend, unconvincingly garbling that he was visiting friends rather than discussing a move to Benfica. Portugal international full-back Silvio is widely believed to have already tied up a switch to Atletico Madrid.

Major finals are transient moments that come and go in the blink of an eye, and Braga's status as underdogs is at least partially cancelled out by their clear ability to seize the moment. They have proved it throughout a long and arduous campaign, with their European adventure having begun with a debut involvement in the Champions League qualifiers against Celtic just under ten months ago.

Domingos' men have recovered from a series of setbacks that would have finished lesser mortals: the 6-0 defeat at Arsenal on the occasion of their first Champions League group game, the departure of key players in January (such as Matheus, who scored the brace which gave Braga sweet revenge over the Gunners in the return leg) and a decimated defence for the quarter-final return against Dynamo Kiev (which nevertheless kept a clean sheet).

New Sporting Lisbon coach-elect Domingos is an admirable and dignified man, who resisted president Antonio Salvador's attempts to publicly put him on the spot about his future in recent months, before the club had negotiated the Europa League's latter stages. That ability to disassociate himself from outside clutter has clearly been transmitted to his team - one in which only Alan and Hugo Viana, of the players who were in the Champions League squad, had experience the highest echelon of European competition.

The second leg of the semi-final against Benfica was a case in point; Braga blocked out Europe's clamour for a Porto-Benfica final, forgot about recent bad-tempered clashes with Jorge Jesus' side in the league, and played their normal game, clinching victory with their oft-favoured one-two of a set-piece goal and heroic defending.

Even if Porto have never hidden their pleasure that Benfica failed to make it to Dublin - as was clear from the on-pitch celebrations at El Madrigal after the semi-final - there is a lingering sense of wistfulness at their eternal rivals' absence. Benfica president Luis Felipe Vieira always has a reference to the Apito Dourado ('Golden Whistle') affair to hand when asked about Porto's achievements, and even with Vieira nowhere to be seen, his Porto counterpart Jose Nuno Pinto da Costa couldn't resist having a pop back.

"It's clear that we're in a (European) final for the fifth time without cheating, without having scored a goal with a hand, but all with the feet or the head," he told journalists as the group prepared to depart Francisco Sa Carneiro airport for Dublin on Monday, referring to Vata's handball goal which saw Benfica to the 1990 European Cup final at the expense of Marseille.

Having treated himself to a moment of fun, Pinto da Costa returned to matters of his own club, and how he might seek to prolong these golden moments into next season, when Porto make their return to the Champions League. If nothing can be taken for granted as regards the result of the Dublin final itself, most would concede that these are two clubs going in very different directions, with Braga accepting this as an apex and contemplating a rebuild, while Porto try to hold onto their own winning formula and take it further.

That formula includes the retention of their record-breaking coach Andre Villas-Boas and of star forwards Falcao and Hulk. The former, having already broken the record for goals scored in a season in this tournament (16), told media back in his native Colombia this weekend that he is negotiating a contract extension at the Dragao.

Meanwhile Pinto da Costa - becoming increasingly exasperated at having to repeat that Villas-Boas will still be at the club next season on a weekly basis - insisted the weekend's announcement that Porto spent €13.5 million on 40% more of Hulk's registration (bringing Porto's total interest in the player to 85%) was not in preparation to sell the Brazilian on, "but to keep him".

Villas-Boas deserves credit for creating such a happy camp that his star players are pledging their futures to Porto at a time when Europe's finest are jostling for position for their signatures. The comparisons with his mentor may be overcooked, but one trait that Villas-Boas does share with Jose Mourinho is the ability to make all of his the group feel part of something special. While the Real Madrid boss may appear to more deliberately foster a cult of personality, it was notable - and amusing - to see Porto's players dressed in regulation Villas-Boas black raincoats over their suits in their airport waiting for departure, a fleet of Mini-Mes.

Though it is often said that a cup final is the chance of a lifetime, this one is even more so. The first (and who knows, maybe last) all-Portuguese European final is between one side that knows that this is their club's one and only chance for glory, and another whose desire is so keenly developed that they took 84 from a possible 90 points in an unbeaten league season while maintaining a push for domestic and continental cups. If ever a final promises to be fought to the end, it is this one.
“Let’s not underestimate the other teams. They are very good teams and there are a lot of games to play before the end of the season. We’re in a good position. But that means nothing if you don’t win the next game.” - Dimitar Berbatov
Old 18-05-2011, 09:46 AM   #5
rondwisan

We can beat Porto, says Paciencia
ESPNsoccernet - May 17, 2011

Braga coach Domingos Paciencia admits that Porto are the favourites to win Wednesday's Europa League final but insists his team can upset the odds and beat the Portuguese champions.

Both sides are now in Dublin ahead of the first all-Portuguese Europa League final and Paciencia is plotting one more giant-killing feat before he leaves Braga, probably to join Sporting Lisbon, in the summer. But it will be no easy task as Andre Villas-Boas' Porto have already won the Portuguese Cup and the Portuguese Liga to secure their return to the Champions League next season.

Braga are 7-1 outsiders to win Europe's second club competition at the Aviva Stadium on Wednesday night, but Paciencia maintains the club can bring an end to the favourites' stellar season and win his club their first silverware since 1966.

"Porto have always had a very strong team, and right now Porto are a team that could do well in the Champions League. They are a Champions League club," said Paciencia. "In a final, and given how the season has gone, it's natural that Porto are big favourites. But it's a final - it's just one match.

"With the right inspiration and motivation, many situations can occur in a match that can get you a goal. That is what makes us believe it's possible to win."

Braga finished 38 points behind Villas-Boas' all-conquering outfit and they warmed up for Wednesday's game with a disappointing home defeat to Sporting Lisbon in their final league match of the season on Saturday.

They have saved their best form for the continent this term, though, overcoming Sevilla and Celtic in the Champions League play-offs to make the group stages where Arsenal edged them out in the running for a place in the knockout phase.

Since dropping into the Europa League they have beaten Liverpool, Dynamo Kiev and last year's Portuguese champions Benfica to reach the final, giving former Porto striker Paciencia reason for optimism ahead of the final in the Irish capital.

"All matches are a great motivation, particularly against great teams," Paciencia added. "When you face a Liverpool, a Dynamo Kiev, even the champions of Poland, Lech, those are big names, and automatically the players gain motivation. I also think the players' capacity for hard work and their daily efforts are reflected in where they are now."

Paciencia has crossed paths with opposite number Andre Villas-Boas before, when playing at Porto. Villas-Boas wrote a letter of support to then-Porto boss Bobby Robson and Paciencia has not forgotten his impact.

''Andre talked to me on many occasions and we worked together on many occasions,'' he said. ''This happened when I was part of Robson's team and I was selected, and was chosen, and was proud to know that Andre liked my style.

''Most of all, a coach has to play with the right players, have the right president and with the right moments. Football is really influenced by those moments. Andre, as a young coach was not very experienced but he had all the right qualities.''
Old 18-05-2011, 09:50 AM   #6
rondwisan

Villas-Boas: Porto not 'a one-man show'
ESPNsoccernet - May 17, 2011

FC Porto manager Andre Villas-Boas is eager to deflect the spotlight from his own performances as he seeks to become the youngest coach to win a major UEFA trophy in the Europa League final against Braga.

Villas-Boas has earned comparisons with Jose Mourinho and could lead the Portuguese club to a repeat of the 2003 UEFA Cup triumph mastermined by Mourinho during his time at the Dragao Stadium. However, the 33-year-old is keen to give credit for his achievements to his players.

"People focus a lot on the work of the manager and I don't see it that way," Villas-Boas said on Tuesday. "I don't see myself as a one-man show. Football isn't won by one person but by collective competence. It is the quality of the players and the structure of the club.

"I just want to make my players give their most. I give them room to express themselves because that's how they develop. I promote their talent and let them make their own decisions. There are no dictators. "We don't see the game as a tactical game. If you are a dictator of choices, players won't be able to explore their possibilities to the full. You have to be able to free them."

It is a philosophy that has found favour with his players: "It's the freedom he gives us," said goalkeeper and captain Helton. "He looks after us and tries to help us with what we need, while making sure he gets what he wants from us tactically. [When things aren't going right] he gives us tranquillity and reminds us that we're capable of getting the job done. We've heard that speech a few times now."

Villas-Boas is reportedly no longer on close terms with Mourinho after leaving to become a manager himself at Academica in 2009 and did not take the chance to praise his former mentor for helping his development.

"I spent seven years with Jose and we were part of a very good technical staff. We went to top-class clubs at Porto, Chelsea and Inter Milan and worked with top players who gave us such a tremendous volume of success," he said. ''The position I had with him was a position he needed some help on. I understood my role from the beginning and tried to fulfil it with maximum professionalism.

"When I left him, he took on another person who I hope gives him the same level. Regarding why I left Inter, it was because I wanted the extra edge to fulfil my ambitions as a professional coach, so I took the risk to find my own job at Academica."

As a teenager Villas-Boas had aspirations of being a journalist when he wrote a letter to then Porto coach Sir Bobby Robson, asking that his opposite number on Wednesday, Domingos, be given a chance in the side. It was a move that brought him to Robson's attention.

"Fortunately Robson took me to the club and got me on training courses in England and Scotland," he explained. "If it wasn't for that I wouldn't be here but with you on the other side of the barricade."
Old 18-05-2011, 09:54 AM   #7
rondwisan

A final full of contrasts
Soccernet, Dominic Raynor

Dublin will play host to the first all-Portuguese Europa League final when Porto meet Braga at the Aviva Stadium on May 18 but the near neighbours couldn't be more different in terms of style and history.

Porto coach Andre Villas-Boas has constructed a fluid, attacking side, built around a hard-working midfield, that romped to the Portuguese Liga title with a massive 21-point margin over second-placed Benfica and scored three or more goals on eight occasions en route to this European final.

In his first season at Porto, former Academica de Coimbra coach Villas-Boas has resurrected the fortunes of a club that limped into third place in their domestic league to qualify for this competition last season. His immediate success, along with a relative lack of experience as both a manager and a player, has already seen the 33-year-old likened to another Estadio do Dragao mastermind, Jose Mourinho.

Despite going through the entire season unbeaten and amassing the most points in a 30-game Portuguese league season, Villas-Boas has been keen to distance himself from comparisons with the 'Special One' - joking he might be the 'Sh*t One' - but the Porto coach will certainly be hoping to follow in his predecessor's footsteps on Wednesday night. Mourinho won the UEFA Cup - the forerunner of the Europa League - with Porto in 2003 before establishing himself as one of the best managers in Europe by guiding the club to the UEFA Champions League title in 2004.

Porto are clear favourites heading into the match but unfancied Braga have produced more than one giant-killing feat this season and manager Domingos Paciencia will have his side believing they can pull off another one in the club's maiden European final. Since taking over in 2009, the 42-year-old former Porto striker, for whom he scored over 100 goals, has broken 19 club records. Last season's second-place finish was the highest in Braga's history and this term his team have been the surprise package in Europe.

Paciencia's side beat Arsenal, Celtic and Sevilla in the Champions League before dropping into the Europa League to claim the scalps of former European champions Liverpool and Benfica. Braga might not be as pleasing on the eye as Porto but their clinical counter-attacking style gets results. A solid base, married with South American flair in attack, has proven to be a winning formula. But unfortunately Os Arsenalistas head into the final with question marks hanging over the fitness of defenders Rodriguez and Miguel Garcia and striker Paulo Cesar.

Porto player to watch - Radamel Falcao: The Colombian striker is the Europa League's top scorer with 16 goals, surpassing Jurgen Klinsmann's 15-year record of 15 in one season. He scored four of those goals in the semi-final first leg against Villarreal. With Porto trailing by a goal at the break, Falcao inspired a second-half comeback to win 5-1 and virtually book a place in the final. His goalscoring exploits have made him a hit with the fans but as vice-captain he has a much wider role in the team. He will be a marked man.

Braga player to watch - Hugo Viana: Brazilian forwards Lima and Alan may take the limelight but it is the pinpoint passing of former Newcastle United midfielder Viana that supplies the bullets for their guns. Having regained his place in the starting XI following a battle with Luis Aguiar at the start of the season he has become a vital part of his manager's plans. Viana is also the man to watch from set pieces - it was his free-kick in the semi-final first leg that Vandinho glanced in to give his side a vital away goal.

Key Battle: Joao Moutinho v Custodio Castro: Moutinho was called a "rotten apple" by Sporting chairman Jose Eduardo Bettencourt when he joined Porto for €11 million in July but there has been nothing fetid about his performances at the Estadio do Dragao this season. The versatile central midfielder, who can play in both a defensive and attacking role, is the conductor in the Porto orchestra and has been an ever-present figure in the side. Braga enforcer Custodio will be the man charged with ruining the music in Dublin. The former Sporting player may have popped up with the winning goal in the semi-final second leg against Benfica but he is primarily in the side for his defensive ability in midfield and will have Moutinho in his sights.

Trivia: Porto's 13 victories in 16 European matches is the most in one season by a Portuguese club. Villas-Boas' side have also scored 43 goals and won all their away games.

Stat: Porto have put a cumulative five goals past Braga in three of the past four Portuguese Liga seasons - with Braga winning just one of those eight games.

Prediction: Porto beat Braga home and away in the Portuguese league this season and will probably get the better of them again.
Old 18-05-2011, 10:03 AM   #8
Supernan
first team
dope

Thanked 1,534 Times in 637 Posts
Mentioned: 118 Post(s)
Supernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of lightSupernan is a glorious beacon of light

Live RCTI .14.5 wib nin nanti malam.

All Portuguese Final in Dublin!

Porto diunggulkan jelas, ngeliat lini depannya yang serem bngt. Hulk-Flacao.

Tapi Braga jd underdog nih bisa engancam, lengseran tim UCL.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Individual Win Games, But Teams win Titles
Supernan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2011, 10:38 AM   #9
marsel david
captain
I'M BACK!!

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
marsel david is a name known to allmarsel david is a name known to allmarsel david is a name known to allmarsel david is a name known to allmarsel david is a name known to allmarsel david is a name known to allmarsel david is a name known to all

waah penasaran nih nonton match final ntar malem.. bakalan seru kayaknya
- HAIL VAN DER SAR #1-
marsel david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2011, 11:05 AM   #10
fadilbedil
first team
cimahi-bandung

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
fadilbedil is a jewel in the roughfadilbedil is a jewel in the roughfadilbedil is a jewel in the rough
Visit fadilbedil's Facebook Visit fadilbedil's Twitter

ntar malem ya finalnya
nonton ah,dukung porto jadi juara

fadilbedil is offline   Reply With Quote

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 0
There are no names to display.