United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 21-04-2012, 11:46 PM   #21
FirdaAnnisa
academy
United crazy fan!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
FirdaAnnisa is a jewel in the roughFirdaAnnisa is a jewel in the roughFirdaAnnisa is a jewel in the rough
Visit FirdaAnnisa's Facebook Visit FirdaAnnisa's Twitter
Default Re: [Legend] Sir Bobby Charlton

Let's win the title with a 6-1 revenge win at City, says United legend Charlton

Sir Bobby Charlton admits he would love Manchester United to get their revenge over Manchester City by winning next Monday's derby 6-1.

United could clinch their 20th title at the Etihad by beating City if results go their way on Sunday and Charlton wants to set the record straight after the Blues' 6-1 win at Old Trafford.

He says he was stunned by that result and praised Sir Alex Ferguson for guiding the team from such a low to the brink of the title. "That shocked everybody associated with the club and it's certainly something you hope will never happen again," said the United legend.

"There's a part of you that wants to set the record straight with a similar win one day. But to come back from that result speaks volumes for how influential Alex is.

"The rivalry between the two clubs is so strong and I don't need to spell out to anyone how much it would mean for either set of fans to see their team crowned champions."

Charlton says Fergie has done an incredible job in masterminding United's comeback, despite losing key players like Nemanja Vidic and Darren Fletcher through injury.

"So much credit has to go to Alex and his coaches for having United involved in the title race again this season," he said.

"At the start of every campaign, you want to avoid injuries and suspensions, and United have had such incredible misfortune with injuries that it's really staggering to be in the position we're in.

"There's been so much said about Alex, especially this season with him passing his 25th anniversary, that it's hard to add anything new. He's just marvellous and the way he lifts everybody around him is incredible."

Source: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk
FirdaAnnisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:11 AM   #22
fey777
first team
^__^

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
fey777 is a name known to allfey777 is a name known to allfey777 is a name known to allfey777 is a name known to allfey777 is a name known to allfey777 is a name known to allfey777 is a name known to allfey777 is a name known to all

Visit fey777's Twitter

Happy Birthday 75th our Legend..!!!

Old 11-10-2012, 09:31 AM   #23
finza_13
first team
@FinzaKS

Mentioned: 151 Post(s)
finza_13 is a name known to allfinza_13 is a name known to allfinza_13 is a name known to allfinza_13 is a name known to allfinza_13 is a name known to allfinza_13 is a name known to allfinza_13 is a name known to allfinza_13 is a name known to all
Visit finza_13's Twitter

Happy Birthday Sir Bobby...
smoga aja tetap diberikan kesehatan #LEGEND
Old 11-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #24
VaDLi
first team
fb.com/vadli | twitter @vadli

Thanked 1,733 Times in 898 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
VaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant futureVaDLi has a brilliant future

Visit VaDLi's Facebook Visit VaDLi's Twitter Visit VaDLi's YouTube

Happy 75th, Sir Bobby, England's greatest-ever midfield player

For decades the first two words of English learned by millions of kids in foreign lands were ‘Bobby Charlton’.
Across the planet, countless football lovers will join us in wishing the first gentleman of the greatest game the most splendid of landmark birthdays.
Sir Bobby is turning 75.

Have today’s celebrity footballers learned anything from the critical scrutiny of their conduct these past weeks?
If so, as they take the Wembley field against San Marino, they will doff their international caps to an unblemished icon whose own 106 appearances for England include the half-dozen which were crucial to England’s only winning of the World Cup.

Never sent off. Rarely, if ever, heard to utter an expletive. Still England’s all-time top scorer with 49 peerless goals — and, for that matter, still Manchester United’s record marksman with 249. Not bad for a midfield player, albeit his country’s greatest.

Happy birthday, Bobby, and many of them.

-dailymail-
Old 11-10-2012, 03:52 PM   #25
uicb-dyz
reserve player
Jadi tamu di rumah sendiri :)

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
uicb-dyz is just really niceuicb-dyz is just really niceuicb-dyz is just really niceuicb-dyz is just really nice
Visit uicb-dyz's Facebook Visit uicb-dyz's Twitter

Happy Bornday, Legenda hidup Sir Bobby Charlton #75thSirBobbyCharlton
uicb-dyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #26
rizluq
academy
@rizluq

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
rizluq has no contributions yet
Visit rizluq's Facebook Visit rizluq's Twitter

Sir Bobby Charlton says José Mourinho would not suit Manchester United

He's a good coach but that is as far as I would go, says Charlton, far from impressed by the Real manager's antics

Jamie Jackson
The Guardian

At 75, Sir Bobby Charlton's passion for Manchester United and what is best for the club he adores still flames. As Sir Alex Ferguson prepares to take his side to Manchester City for Sunday's first derby of the season, the gentleman of English football whose career remains the domestic game's high-water mark leaves no doubt over his view of one possible heir to the Scot, José Mourinho.

Coming from Charlton, who is a United director and ambassador and was a kingmaker in Ferguson's appointment during 1986, his take on Mourinho is intriguing in a week that began with Ferguson backing the Real Madrid manager's ability to take charge of United, telling ITV4: "He can manage anywhere, absolutely." For Charlton, who embodies the values of the club better than anyone, Mourinho's antics last season do not befit a United manager.

One of the most uncomfortable entries on an ever-lengthening charge sheet was Mourinho's gouging of the eye of Tito Vilanova, then Barcelona's assistant coach, in the 2011 Spanish Super Cup. "A United manager wouldn't do that," Charlton says. "Mourinho is a really good coach but that's as far as I would go really. He's the manager of Real Madrid and we expect to play them in the Champions League by the end of the season."

When it is put to him that it is difficult to imagine a United manager being allowed to get away with some of Mourinho's behaviour, Charlton says: "You are right. He pontificates too much for my liking. He's a good manager, though."

But Ferguson admires Mourinho. "He doesn't like him too much, though," Charlton shoots back.

What none of the United congregation liked were last season's derby performances. The aggregate score finished 7-1 to City, with Mancini's team leaving Old Trafford in October having routed United 6-1, before winning a crucial encounter in late April with a Vincent Kompany header.

Charlton says: "The 6-1 didn't upset me at all because I could see what was happening. Our defence made a mistake, two mistakes, and it was 2-0. They lost control and went forward trying to put it right. It's a problem with City for us, physically, though. They are a strong, big team and that causes us problems."

How were the aftershocks at the club following the 6-1 defeat? "We knew they were improving their team," Charlton says. "The ownership meant that at least financially they were going to build a good side. How could they not do?"

Despite the United blood that courses through him, could the football man inside appreciate how City won the championship with the campaign's final kick? "It's very difficult to compliment City. But we are not stupid," he says. "They won it. It doesn't matter that it was right at the end of the game. We lost and it was a hard pill to swallow. Yes I have got over it but it took a while and it's been tough."

On whether United have strengthened this season, Charlton says: "Our central defence has suffered. [Nemanja] Vidic is the one who controls everybody at the back. We have missed him but I look at us and I'm quite satisfied. Matt Busby used to say to us that if we were six points off the lead at Christmas we would win the league. Not only are we there before Christmas, but we will get better."

The speculation regarding Mancini's future can make City seem a bit of a circus. "Yes, that sums it up well. It's hard playing in this league. You need togetherness and that's what we have. I don't know if others have it," Charlton says.

United again lead the league as Ferguson does what Ferguson does best: build a fresh side while keeping the present one competing. "He is unique. If I was going out of the trenches he is the one I would want beside me. Nobody else. He has something inside him.

"Every football person in this country wants to do what he will do and what he has done in the past. He is fantastic, he just loves it. On a match day the team sheet comes in and you think: 'Oh, I didn't expect that.' More often than not he has done something – or picked somebody – that you wouldn't expect. Usually it works, too."

The drive that won Charlton 106 England caps, the World Cup, the European Cup, the European footballer of the year award, three league titles and the FA Cup is now directed at the charity he founded in 2008, Find A Better Way.

It funds research into developing technology aimed at greatly reducing the time and cost of removing the world's 110 million landmines. At present rates this would require 1,000 years and a $30bn (£18.6bn) spend.

Trips to Bosnia and Cambodia moved Charlton to action. "A soldier called Scotty Lee in Sarajevo got me interested. He had a patch of ground and was giving kids coaching. At the end he told them what to do if ever they came near a landmine. It is horrific for kids – they're coming up to you, and they've lost limbs and everything."

In Cambodia, he received a demonstration. "I can't tell you how horrific it is when you get close to a load of mines going off. I'm coming back on the plane and I said: 'There must be a better way of doing this.'"

While a major breakthrough in the charity's research may be announced in January, Charlton also feels Cristiano Ronaldo could return to United following his £80m departure for Real in 2009. "He wanted to be the biggest player in the world and didn't think he would get that from Manchester United. He would have, though," Charlton says. "I really haven't given him any thoughts but, who knows, maybe we would one day have the opportunity to get him back?"

Was Charlton a factor in Ronaldo's development? "I used to go in the dressing room but there wasn't much I could tell him. I don't really give players much advice but Alex certainly doesn't ban me from doing it. If I say I may mention something to a particular player he will say: 'Yeah, go on … '"

Charlton's greatest United team has Ferguson as the manager and Roy Keane at their centre. "There are certain players that are talismen and when they go on to a football field they take everybody with them," he says.

"Roy Keane just had that thing. He could change the game with the timing of one tackle. I have played with a large number of good players and have played against many, but when you ask me which would I have liked to play with it's Roy Keane I miss out there."

Since Robin van Persie's £24m summer arrival the Dutchman has become the side's star performer, as Wayne Rooney just begins to move into high gear. The sense from some that Rooney has reached a plateau is not shared by Charlton.

"Somewhere down the line he will really explode, in a good way. At present he seems to have a tiny thing about playing with Van Persie. The two of them maybe aren't gelling as well as everybody would have liked. But Wayne is a great player and he has everything at his fingertips to be the best."

Finally, thoughts turn to England's chances at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. Charlton, who played in three World Cups, the last of them Mexico 1970, says: "If you look at Brazil and the South Americans – and the advantages they have – then you can't sit here and say it looks like we have a great chance, can you? We have to have some physically strong players to cope out there and I have to say that I'm not hopeful."
rizluq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:59 AM   #27
fajrinited
first team
-

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
fajrinited is a glorious beacon of lightfajrinited is a glorious beacon of lightfajrinited is a glorious beacon of lightfajrinited is a glorious beacon of lightfajrinited is a glorious beacon of lightfajrinited is a glorious beacon of lightfajrinited is a glorious beacon of light
Visit fajrinited's Facebook Visit fajrinited's Twitter

Sir Bobby: 60 years a Red

Sir Bobby Charlton's incredible Manchester United journey began on this day, 60 years ago.

Charlton, then a fresh-faced 16-year-old, had attracted the attention of the club's scouts and it was on 6 June 1953 he reported for his first day's work.

Bobby was taken on as an apprentice and, in between training sessions, worked with the ground staff to maintain the Old Trafford pitch. It was the beginning of one of the most successful careers in English football.

With United, Charlton won three league titles, the FA Cup and the European Cup in 1968, 10 years after surviving the Munich air disaster, a tragedy that claimed 23 lives, including eight of his team-mates and best friends. When Charlton ended his Reds career he was the club's leading scorer, with 249 goals (a record that still stands).

In his autobiography, published in 2007, Sir Bobby recalled his first days at Old Trafford.

"It seemed I had, after all, been given access to my idea of paradise. I had the friendship of great young footballers who were ready to accept me and so clearly shared my passion to play the game that had always been an inspiration. The days stretched ahead of me so excitingly."

Code:
www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Features/2013/Jun/sir-bobby-charlton-60-years.aspx
And still LEGEND!!
fajrinited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:09 PM   #28
iamsetia
first team
Setia Karpet Bireun

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
iamsetia is a name known to alliamsetia is a name known to alliamsetia is a name known to alliamsetia is a name known to alliamsetia is a name known to alliamsetia is a name known to alliamsetia is a name known to all
Visit iamsetia's Twitter

Sir Bobby Charlton - 60 years as a Red

iamsetia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iamsetia For This Useful Post:
Old 29-07-2013, 06:30 AM   #29
iamsetia
first team
Setia Karpet Bireun

iamsetia is a name known to alliamsetia is a name known to alliamsetia is a name known to alliamsetia is a name known to alliamsetia is a name known to alliamsetia is a name known to alliamsetia is a name known to all
Visit iamsetia's Twitter

Manchester United football legend gives youngsters a kick with words of wisdom

South China Morning Post
John Carney | Monday, 29 July, 2013

Manchester United players, from left, Chris Smalling, Rio Ferdinand and Alexander Buttner in Tsim Sha Tsui yesterday. Photo: Nora Tam

Bobby Charlton, who helped Manchester United win World Cup in 1966, passes on life lessons.

Form is temporary, class is permanent. Nothing could sum up the character of Manchester United legend Bobby Charlton better as he patiently passed on some words of wisdom to Hong Kong's young sports lovers yesterday.

Despite the searing heat and clamour for his attention, the 75-year-old made time for all the young people gathered from a variety of sports at the Police Sports and Recreation Club in Mong Kok.

Charlton is part of a visiting Manchester United delegation. The team will play Kitchee SC tonight at the Hong Kong Stadium.

He spoke to children involved with the Operation Breakthrough organisation, which uses sport as a means to help, rehabilitate and positively reinforce young people from disadvantaged backgrounds. Charlton is a Laureus World Sports Foundation academy member and Operation Breakthrough is one of its "Sport for Good" projects.

"Listen carefully to your coaches and show them respect," was Charlton's advice to the youngsters. "If you work hard and behave in the correct way you'll always get some improvement. Dedicate yourself to your sport and take pride in it.

"If you do your best, give 100 per cent all the time and you're fair, then you can always be proud of yourself."

Charlton is regarded as one of the greatest midfielders ever, and an essential member of the England team that won the 1966 World Cup and the United side that won the 1968 European Cup.

He said he was looking forward to tonight's match and was sure United would put on a good show for local fans.

"We've come all this way so we'll want to give a good account of ourselves, and I'm sure we will," he said.

The match is the last on United's pre-season Asian tour.

The regional tour has given the squad's new manager, David Moyes, a good opportunity to see his team play after he took over the reins from another United legend, Alex Ferguson, during the summer.

Charlton said he believed that Moyes would not let anybody down.

"He's the new manager and with that comes huge responsibility, but he's a fine coach with a lot of experience under his belt. He's definitely up to the job," Charlton said.
Old 31-07-2013, 02:31 AM   #30
iamsetia
first team
Setia Karpet Bireun

Visit iamsetia's Twitter

Sir Bobby Charlton and Kitchee SC players met youngsters from Operation Breakthrough projects, a youth focused program run in partnership with the Hong Kong Police and other local organisations, at the Hong Kong Police Sports Club.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 45
akbar15, alfiandrmwn, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, Ardiey11, Blacklist7, bmanutd, dery pramudito, fajrinited, febza, fey777, finza_13, FirdaAnnisa, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, goodfron, Gustiono, HRHMU86, iamsetia, jifortin, Lang25, Mahesa_Jenar, marviel, MUFC1878, Nachir_79, oldark, Om Juna, penk22_, Rean, rio vander vidic, rizluq, Ryan_lallo, sepatu_ancur, SR 7, tietocinex, tumpal_oneunited, UdyMUFC, uicb-dyz, UNITED1878, VaDLi, vankyoet, Van_Munandar, Zakaria Jhack, zudomiriku