United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Previews and Reviews > Archives > Archives 2018/2019

Old 07-04-2019, 05:30 PM   #21
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: [UCL] Manchester United vs Barcelona

THE FULL STORY: HOW WE BEAT BARCELONA ON 2008

With the biggest game of our season so far coming up against Barcelona on Wednesday night, the Old Trafford atmosphere could play a vital role as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and his Manchester United team look to gain the advantage before the second leg of the Champions League quarter-final follows at the Nou Camp.

The last time the two giants met at Old Trafford was in the 2007/08 Champions League semi-finals - a clash that ended in a vital 1-0 win for the Reds which saw us progress to the final of the competition, when we famously triumphed against Chelsea on penalties on that memorable rain-soaked night in Moscow.

It was 29 April 2008 when we welcomed Barcelona for a winner-takes-all bout. The fans flooded into the stadium with an air of anticipation lingering around the ground. Both teams knew that the game's outcome would decide the tie, after a tense first leg finished goalless at the Nou Camp.

Just before kick-off, as the players entered the pitch to a fervent atmosphere and the famed Champions League anthem reverberated around the Theatre of Dreams, the fans on the eastern side of the stadium produced a mosaic with the single word ‘Believe’ etched in white around a sea of red.

That one word, 'Believe', sprawled across the Eastern stand, summed up the feeling on the night. A place in the final in the Russian capital awaited the Reds if we could emerge victorious on another huge European night. Sir Alex Ferguson and his men were only two games away from becoming European champions again - and the fans had faith.

Before the match, Sir Alex insisted that our passionate supporters had a big part to play in the game and called upon them to create an electric atmosphere - and the United faithful did not disappoint as Old Trafford became a sea of red and white.

The stage was set for a clash of the titans.

Amid a cacophany of noise, the referee’s whistle blew and the game began. In just the first minute, Lionel Messi made the first move as the Argentinian made one of his trademark powerful runs towards the United goal, but he was halted in his tracks by Paul Scholes, who brought him down just outside the United box.

With a free kick in shooting range, Messi squandered the opportunity to put Barca ahead as he fired the ball into the wall and the Reds stood strong. Any early nerves were laid to rest, however, as United pressed forward and the ball fell to Scholes, around 30 yards outside of the Barca box.

Hitting one of the sweetest strikes of his career, our no.18 hammered the ball towards goal and Victor Valdes - a future United keeper, of course - could do nothing but stand and watch as the ball flew past him, swerving into the top right corner of his net. United were ahead after 14 minutes.

Old Trafford was rocking, and the Reds dared to believe.

There was still a long way to go in the game and we knew we would have to stay focused at the back if we were to keep one of the world’s best teams at bay, but the Reds were up to the task.

As the game entered its final stages, chorus upon chorus of cheers rang out from the United faithful. This was it. The final whistle blew, and Old Trafford erupted with sheer joy.

After the game, the fans gained praise from Sir Alex as he thanked them for their support, while Cristiano Ronaldo also commended the support the team received. “The fans were fantastic,” he said. “They did a great job and sang for the whole game. It gave the players the motivation and helped us get a massive result.”

“Nobody can deny the role the supporters had against Barcelona,” Paddy Crerand later wrote in his column for United Review. “A few players looked dead on their feet, but they kept going because of the fans.”

Michael Carrick also reflected on the significance of that occasion and that bullet of a strike from the match-winner, who played alongside him in midfield that night.

“We put so much pressure on ourselves to achieve big things,” he said. “We were so desperate to get to the final and win it. We knew it was going to be tough, but we made it.

”It was an awesome strike [from Paul]. I've seen him do it many times in training. I've watched him do it a few times here as well. I think that has to be up there with one of his best, especially in a game of this magnitude. To cap off a night like this with a goal of that quality was brilliant.“

After the outstanding comeback against Paris Saint-Germain in the last round, ‘believe’ must be the buzzword for us again. If the atmosphere at the Theatre of Dreams on Wednesday night is anything like that of the game back in 2008, we will surely have a great chance of toppling the Catalan outfit once more.

www.manutd.com
Old 07-04-2019, 05:32 PM   #22
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

COLE: UNITED V BARCELONA WILL BE A SPECIAL GAME

Manchester United legend Andy Cole believes anything is possible when we lock horns with Barcelona in the first leg of our Champions League quarter-final tie on Wednesday night.

After eliminating Paris Saint-Germain in the last-16 stage in dramatic fashion in the French capital last month, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s men have another huge challenge ahead in the form of Barcelona.

Cole, who was part of the United team that won the Champions League at the Nou Camp in 1999, believes that anything can happen when the two giants renew acquaintances in the last eight of the competition.

“Anything’s possible,“ Coley told us in an exclusive interview. ”We weren’t expected to get past PSG but we did that. But we know Barcelona are a very good and special team.“

“They’ve got a little magician [Lionel Messi] in their team and, if he turns up, I’m not going to say ‘we need to mark him out of the game’ because you can’t. If he decides he’s going to play and if he doesn’t, he’ll still play, he’s that good. We’ll have to wait and see.”

Despite that, our former no.9 feels that playing the United way could be a big part in our chances of progression to the semi-finals.

“I think what we can do is play the way Manchester United should play,“ he said. ”We did that when we won the Champions League in ’99, we played Barcelona twice and both legs ended 3-3, with both teams playing attacking football which we’re used to. We have to do exactly that.”

The former striker believes that going back to the Nou Camp for the second leg of the tie, 20 years on from that historic night on which we clinched an unprecedented Treble, will be a very special occasion.

“It’ll be really special,“ said Coley. ”I think it’ll be special as well because it’ll be long overdue as a team, as a club, for all of us to catch up.

“The disappointing thing is that all of us might not be there. It’s something that happened 20 years ago and you look back and say ‘wow, we actually did do it’. It is nuts. Just to look back and think ‘wow what we achieved.’ The boys will be really looking forward to it.“

The 47-year-old told us that facing Barcelona was something that was meant to be and he wasn't surprised that we ended up being drawn against the Catalan giants.

“The past four years have felt like 20 years, I’m telling you!“ Coley said. ”It’s so special. I’m not surprised we got Barcelona 20 years on. It’s one of those where it’s meant to be. You touched on the goal there and I look at that goal, it just gets better and better.“

He still fondly remembers that goal against the Spanish side in the thrilling 3-3 draw against them at the Nou Camp, in the group stages of the 1998/99 Champions League campaign.

“I look and say to myself ‘wow’. I don’t think I really appreciated it as much when I was playing and then you look at it and go ‘wow, what a team goal.’ Forget what me and Yorkie did, what a team goal. Roy [Keane] fizzes it in, little dummy with Yorkie, that’s Manchester United at their best.”

www.manutd.com
Old 07-04-2019, 05:36 PM   #23
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Ada Solskjaer di Camp Nou, Cari Cara Hentikan Barca
Okdwitya Karina Sari - detikSport

Barcelona - Manajer Manchester United Ole Gunnar Solskjaer memata-matai Barcelona. MU akan menantang Barca di babak perempatfinal Liga Champions tengah pekan depan.

Solskjaer menyaksikan langsung pertandingan Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid di Camp Nou, Sabtu (6/4) malam waktu setempat. Dilansir Daily Mail, Solskjaer ditemani oleh asistennya Mike Phelan dan staf pelatih termasuk Michael Carrick dan Kieran McKenna sebelum kembali ke Manchester untuk memimpin latihan di hari Minggu (7/4) siang.

Di pertandingan itu, Barca keluar sebagai pemenang dengan skor 2-0, usai diuntungkan karena bermain dengan keunggulan jumlah pemain usai kartu merah Diego Costa. Meski menang, Barca tak mudah menaklukkan Los Colchoneros.

Kiper Atletico Jan Oblak tampil heroik usai melakukan delapan penyelamatan. Sekalipun pada akhirnya kemasukan gol-gol Luis Suarez dan Lionel Messi di menit ke-85 dan 86.

Kemenangan ini kian mengukukuhkan Barca di puncak klasemen sementara Liga Spanyol. Barca unggul 11 poin dari rival terdekatnya, Atletico di urutan kedua, dan akan sangat sulit dihentikan untuk meraih gelar juara di akhir musim.

Hasil itu turut menjadi modal positif bagi Messi cs saat melawat ke markas MU untuk melakoni laga leg I Liga Champions, Rabu (10/4). Sedangkan MU justru sedang tersendat usai melakukan comeback sensasional untuk menyingkirkan Paris St. Germain di babak 16 besar.

Setan Merah cuma meraih satu kemenangan dan tiga kali kalah dalam empat pertandingan. Tak hanya dalam momentum yang kurang oke, MU tidak didukung statistik bagus melawan Barca.

Kedua tim sudah delapan kali berjumpa di Liga Champions, yang dimulai pada 1994. Akan tetapi, the Red Devils cuma sekali meraih kemenangan yaitu dengan skor 1-0 di semifinal leg kedua pada musim 2007/08, musim di mana mereka memenangi kompetisi itu.

Sisanya, MU tiga kali kalah dan empat kali imbang dan sejak kemenangan tersebut, MU dua kali kalah beruntun yang diderita di final dengan skor 0-2 (2009) dan 1-3 (2011). Messi mencetak satu gol di masing-masing laga tersebut.
Old 08-04-2019, 09:15 AM   #24
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Andrew Cole urges Manchester United to adopt fearless approach in Champions League quarter-final clash with Barcelona

* Andrew Cole believes Man United must play with no fear against Barcelona
* Cole scored a memorable goal for United against the Catalan giants in 1999
* United twice drew 3-3 with Barca in the 1999 Champions League group stages
* The 47 year-old says it is 'fate' that United will beat Barcelona 20 years on

Andrew Cole has told Manchester United they must play with no fear when they face Barcelona in the Champions League quarter-finals.

Cole scored a memorable goal for United against the Catalan giants on the way to European glory 20 years ago, combining with Dwight Yorke in a sweeping move that cut the Barca defence wide open.

United twice drew 3-3 with the La Liga side in the group stages of that year's Champions League, and Cole drew on those memories when asked how United should approach the tie, with the home leg up first at Old Trafford next week.

'Go and do the same thing,' Cole said. 'Go and enjoy it. We knew we were a very good team and Barcelona were a very good team.

'But we showed no fear there. A lot of teams go there and show a bit of fear. They had fantastic players but so did we.

'We went out there and played football. They did the same. That season both games ended up 3-3 and that told you everything about both teams.

'We were respectful but we both tried to beat each other. But six goals in each game speaks volumes about two teams trying to play attacking, attractive football.'

Bayern Munich and United progressed from the group ahead of Barca, with the top two sides meeting again in Barcelona for the final.

It was there new United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer scored the stoppage-time winner which wrote his name into club folklore as they won the treble in stunning fashion.

Andrew Cole believes Manchester United must play with no fear against Barcelona

Solskjaer had replaced Cole in the 83rd minute but the latter insisted he had never been jealous of his old team-mate's defining moment.

'I've been asked this a few times, 'Were you disappointed Ole scored?' he said.

'Why should I be? We won the European Cup! I was fortunate to score in the semis to get us to the European Cup final. For me, it made no difference.'

United are second-favourites against Barca on this occasion but that does not worry Cole, who pointed out they beat Paris St Germain against the odds in the previous round.

'I called it beforehand,' he said of drawing Barca out of the hat. 'I said to one of the lads, 'We're going to get Barcelona'. It's a strange thing, it's fate, it's 20 years on, and then we get Barcelona. I knew it would happen.

'Anything is possible in football matches. United have proven that against PSG and, yes, they are going to have to play extremely well because they have an impish little genius in (Lionel) Messi.

'I have watched him closely over many years and I look at him now and think he is getting better as he gets older. If he has an off night or he is injured or whatever, then you never know what can happen.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6896985/Andrew-Cole-urges-Man-United-adopt-fearless-approach-Champions-League-clash-Barcelona.html
Old 08-04-2019, 11:06 PM   #25
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Semoga United bisa menunjukkan permainan terbaiknya.
Apapun hasilnya nanti, saya tetap bangga menjadi pendukung United
Old 09-04-2019, 06:34 AM   #26
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Daftar skuad Barca yang dibawa ke Manchester untuk menghadapi United...

Old 10-04-2019, 09:31 AM   #27
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

'Some of these players will have tricks up their sleeves': Ole Gunnar Solskjaer warns his Manchester United stars about Barcelona ahead of Champions League quarter-final

* Manchester United take on Barcelona in the Champions League quarter-finals
* Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants a strong referee for the first leg at Old Trafford
* He claims Barca have 'tricks up their sleeves' if United aren't careful with tackles
* Solskjaer believes his side have learned from their 2-0 home defeat against PSG

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has warned his Manchester United players to beware Barcelona's 'tricks' when they clash in the Champions League quarter-final at Old Trafford.

United host Barca in the first leg on Wednesday night and Solskjaer is concerned that his side – and Italian referee Gianluca Rocchi – are not duped into giving away cheap free-kicks and yellow cards that could prove costly.

As well as Lionel Messi, the Spaniards also have former Liverpool stars Luis Suarez and Philippe Coutinho in their ranks. United have four players who are one booking away from a European suspension – Luke Shaw, Ashley Young, Nemanja Matic and Ander Herrera – although Matic is doubtful and Herrera is likely to miss out through injury.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants a strong referee for Wednesday's game against Barcelona

Solskjaer has told his players to learn from the first leg of their last-16 tie at home to PSG when he felt United were over-confident and careless, leading to a 2-0 defeat that was then overturned by a stunning comeback in Paris.

'Confidence is high,' said Solskjaer. 'The result of what we did against PSG and how we climbed the table and clawing back points, the players have given themselves and supporters great belief we can do this.

'I can feel the tension, excitement, in training today and yesterday the players wanting to play. The mood before the PSG home game was a little bit different but we've learnt from that game.

Solskjaer has warned his players that Barca stars like Luis Suarez 'have tricks up their sleeves'

'The players have talked about it, how we got dragged into making fouls. You've got to be more patient in tackles. Some of these players will have some tricks up their sleeves. There are some streetwise players.

'Suarez and Coutinho and Messi will keep our defenders on our toes so let's see how we manage tomorrow.'

In particular, Solskjaer is worried about Messi's threat if United concede free-kicks around their own penalty box.

'How many goals has Messi scored from free-kicks outside the box?' said the United boss. 'We weren't lucky with the referee against PSG where they should have had a man sent off, so we hope for some luck there as well.

'What kind of plan can you have to stop one of the best players in the world? We've played against Juventus and (Cristiano) Ronaldo, PSG and (Kylian) Mbappe, Chelsea and (Eden) Hazard.

'He (Messi) is a fantastic player and will go down in history as one of the best individual players ever. He will be difficult to stop but never impossible. It's not like it's Messi against Man United. It's Suarez, Coutinho, Rakitic, Vidal. We cannot just focus on one player, we have to focus against 11 of them.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6903203/Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-warns-Manchester-United-stars-Barcelonas-tricks.html
Old 10-04-2019, 10:01 AM   #28
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

'Bring it on': Manchester United defender Chris Smalling relishing battle with Barcelona star Lionel Messi in Champions League clash

* Chris Smalling relishing his clash with Barcelona star Lionel Messi
* Manchester United defender Smalling will face an unenviable task
* Messi has been excellent again for Barcelona, scoring 40 goals in 43 games

Chris Smalling has told Lionel Messi to 'bring it on' ahead of Manchester United's Champions League clash against Barcelona.

One of the greatest players of all time will grace the Old Trafford turf on Wednesday night as Barca visit in the first leg of a mouth-watering quarter-final clash.

Messi has netted 43 goals in his last 40 matches for Barcelona this season and stopping him would appear an unenviable task, yet Smalling is looking forward to the challenge.

'It's something to relish, I think,' the United centre-back said.

'This season I've been lucky enough to face (Cristiano) Ronaldo, (Kylian) Mbappe and they're all challenges that I think I definitely relish, and I think players at this club relish.

'I say bring it on. You work so hard to get into those Champions League places and we're working now to get third this season.

'These are the ties we look forward to. All the hard work in the group stages, this is what it's about. We players are all itching to be on that field and show what we can do.'

Manchester United's Chris Smalling is looking forward to taking on Lionel Messi

Three defeats from their last four matches hardly bode well for United.

However, they can draw confidence from their upturn under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and outstanding triumph at Paris St Germain.

'I think we've shown we're a collective and with the work we've done over the past few months that result in performances against the best teams in the world,' said Smalling, who flourished against Mbappe in the second leg.

'So, we were all watching the draw before we went out to training and when we saw it was Barcelona you could see the smiles on people's faces because it's another challenge put in front of us and we'll go head on.'

United haven't got past the quarter-finals stage of the Champions League since 2011 and face an unenviable task as they take on Barcelona.

Barcelona go into the game off the back of a 2-0 victory at home to Atletico Madrid in La Liga, with Luis Suarez and Messi having scored in that fixture.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6903867/Manchester-United-defender-Chris-Smalling-relishing-battle-Barcelona-star-Lionel-Messi.html
sok2an mo nantang Messi, digocek baru tau
Old 10-04-2019, 08:26 PM   #29
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Old 11-04-2019, 01:18 AM   #30
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Harap maklum, saat itu Barca di bawah Guardiola masih diperkuat Messi, Pique,Dani Alves, Puyol, Iniesta, Xavi dan sejumlah pemain yang dalam puncak penampilan karirnya...

Ketika MU Jadi Bulan-Bulanan Barca di Final Liga Champions 2011
Randy Prasatya - detikSport

Jakarta - Barcelona sangat perkasa dalam pertemuan terakhirnya dengan Manchester United. Laga tersebut berlangsung di final Liga Champions 2011 dan statistiknya mencolok.

Duel tersebut berlangsung di Wembley, 28 Mei 2011. Barca menang 3-1 lewat gol-gol Pedro Rodriguez, Lionel Messi, dan David Villa. MU sempat menyamakan skor lewat Wayne Rooney.

Barca kalah mutlak dalam pertandingan ini. Setan Merah cuma punya penguasaan bola 31,6% kalah jauh dari Barca yang punya 68,4%.

MU terlihat dibombardir habis oleh Blaugrana. Ada 12 tembakan Barca yang mengarah ke gawang Edwin van der Sar, empat tembakan melenceng, dan enam tembakan diblok. Di sisi lain, MU cuma punya satu tembakan ke gawang dari empat percobaan. Van der Sar pun tercatat punya delapan penyelamatan.

Gelandang Barca kala itu, Xavi Hernandez, punya catatan oke. Opta mencatat Xavi mampu bikin 148 persen (tidak termasuk umpan silang) dengan tingkat akurasi 95,3%. Di belakang Xavi ada Andres Iniesta dengan 115 umpan dan Messi 100 umpan.

Rio Ferdinand menjadi pemain MU yang paling banyak melepas umpan. Total ada 47 umpan dengan tingkat akurasi 85,1%.

Untuk predikat man of the match, UEFA menyematkannya kepada Messi. Pemain berdarah Argentina itu menjadi pemain yang sangat memukau di final.

Keberhasilan Barca menjadi juara pada saat itu, membuat perolehan trofi Liga Champions dari seluruh tim Spanyol menjadi 13. Melewati Italia yang punya 12 trofi Liga Champions.

Kini, kedua tim akan kembali bertemu di Liga Champions. MU bakal lebih dulu menjadi tuan rumah di leg pertama perempatfinal, Kamis (11/4/2019) dinihari WIB. Sepekan kemudian gantian Barca yang menjadi tuan rumah.

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 14
AdhiX, adi_Giggsy, Andi Istiabudi, dhodoadrian, dwitri27, gindalubis, penk22_, rio vander vidic, Riskur, roodee_UID, tumpal_oneunited, zudomiriku, Zulfan