United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 17-09-2017, 10:31 PM   #251
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: Eric "The King" Cantona

Semoga nanti dicetak yang versi bahasa Indonesia juga

W&N scores Eric Cantona's My Notebook

Weidenfeld & Nicolson is publishing the notebook diaries of former Manchester United footballer Eric Cantona.

My Notebook will be a reproduction of the notebooks in which Cantona has recently been writing, drawing and sketching out his thoughts in small diaries. Containing never-before-seen drawings in Cantona's "faux-naïve style", and spanning topics such as love, death, absurdity and society, it will be published as a £12.99 hardback on 16th November 2017.

W&N publisher Alan Samson bought English language rights (excluding US) from Kerry Glencorse at Susanna Lea Associates on behalf of Editions Flammarion.

Samson said welcoming Cantona to the Weidenfeld list generates "an emotion akin to scoring the winning penalty in a shoot-out at Wembley". He continued: "Footballing genius, poet, philosopher and actor, he is unique. These drawings and Eric’s witty accompanying text will entertain his legions of admirers as his artistry on the pitch once did.”

Glencorse added: “We sent Alan an email with the subject line: ‘Oh Ah’ and he picked up the phone immediately. Since Susanna handled rights to Cantona: My Story in 1993, Alan has checked in annually to find out what the great man is up to. We couldn’t be happier that his persistence has paid off and he will be publishing these brilliantly witty notebooks. But then he knows that if you follow the trawler for long enough…”

www.thebookseller.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2017, 12:13 AM   #252
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Penampilan terbaru Cantona, kembali botak dan terlihat agak gemuk..

Old 23-11-2017, 11:17 AM   #253
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Eric Cantona strikes a bold new look as former Manchester United star unveiled a skinhead outside the BBC's Media City base on Wednesday

The former United star was pictured outside BBC in Media City, Manchester on Wednesday. Cantona is approaching the 25th anniversary of his move to Manchester United from Leeds
Old 24-11-2017, 10:02 AM   #254
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

I sold Eric Cantona to Manchester United! Former Leeds managing director Bill Fotherby on the phone call that changed English football

* Bill Fotherby originally called Manchester United to enquire about Denis Irwin
* Fotherby made the call on the request of Leeds manager Howard Wilkinson
* Eric Cantona was sold to United after winning the 1992 First Division with Leeds
* Cantona urged Jose Mourinho to allow more expression from his United team

Twenty five years ago, Bill Fotherby made a phone call that changed English football.

The former Leeds United managing director asked about the availability of Manchester United defender Denis Irwin.

By the end of the day he had managed to send Eric Cantona on his way to Old Trafford.

Eric Cantona's move from Leeds to Manchester United changed the course of English football

Fotherby does not regret ringing up his Manchester United counterpart Martin Edwards after a request from then Leeds manager, Howard Wilkinson.

'We were struggling,' says the 86-year-old, still proudly wearing his Leeds blazer when we meet at his home in Harrogate, North Yorkshire.

'Howard said to me, "Bill, you know Martin Edwards, can you ring and ask him if there's a chance we could have Denis Irwin?"

'Edwards says, "Oh Bill, there's no chance of getting Denis Irwin, no chance at all".

'But he asked whether we'd let Cantona go. "Impossible! You must be crazy," I replied, "He's a star. We'll be hung drawn and quartered".'

Bill Fotherby has no regrets about making the call which led to Cantona being sold to United

Wilkinson was out looking for a new home in Leeds, so Fotherby spoke to one of his coaches, Mick Hennigan. 'All the conversations with Howard and Mick Hennigan were, "If you can get Cantona out of Leeds, get him out",' reveals Fotherby. 'On our training ground they would go through set-plays and moves. Howard was very strict.

'He would say, "You, Cantona, you stand in front of the centre-half." Cantona would reply, "I don't do this".' Fotherby mimes someone spitting.

'He wouldn't stand there and head the ball. He walked off. This made them want him out. He was causing a little bit of friction.

'So I went to Hennigan, I told him the story. He said, "Bill, if you can…". I didn't tell Howard, left it a few hours and rang Martin back. "I can't believe what Howard just said to me," I said, bluffing. "He'll let him go, but I want £1.5million".'

Fotherby admits the club could not afford to keep Cantona after paying a fee of £500,000 to sign him permanently in August 1992.

He continues: 'I don't think I'd have changed anything.

'The relationship I had with Howard… whatever he suggested to me (I did). We were very tight for money at that time. It was done that night. And then all hell was let loose.'

Months earlier, Leeds had been crowned champions of England. Everyone had assumed the 1991-92 season would bring Alex Ferguson's first title at Old Trafford, but unfancied Leeds had other ideas.

'Everyone was sky high,' Fotherby recalls. 'Ferguson used to say to me, "Aye Willie, how are you Willie?" 'To win that championship... especially from Manchester United!'

Cantona poses with the United shirt alongside Sir Alex Ferguson after sealing his transfer

Fotherby is proud of taking Leeds from the second tier to the Division One title and his legacy in leaving a stable Premier League side with a crop of young talents when he was succeeded by Peter Ridsdale in June 1997.

He made sweeping changes to the commercial side of the club and certainly understood the power of publicity.

Once, he says, Fotherby approached Diego Maradona's agent Jon Smith about trying to buy the Argentina star.

'Jon said, "Bill, you couldn't afford Maradona. No chance. Do you realise that you're talking £8million?".

'Everyone thought we were crazy. But I got Smith up to Leeds and we had lunch in the box, looking onto the pitch. "Look Bill," he said. "We're bringing him over for a match between England and the World XI. Now, the possibilities of him having a game at Leeds… what could you do?"

'I said we could fix it up with the city council, make it a big do. "But it mustn't leak out."

'We go have dinner after dropping him off. There are two people I know there, big Leeds fans. "We saw you at the airport. Who are you going to sign?" So I said, "All I'm going to say is, think of Evita". Soon we were getting phone calls from Buenos Aires about Maradona. Directors of Arsenal and Tottenham are asking: "Are you going for b****y Maradona? Where have you got the money from?"'

But Fotherby came closer to signing a replacement for Cantona in Paul Gascoigne. He flew to Rome to try and seal the deal, only to arrive at the England star's villa in the dark and find Gascoigne was not there.

'I'll never forget, big gates, rang the bell, no answer. I went round and rang the next villa's bell. All of a sudden a b****y big dog jumped up at the gate and frightened me to death.

'I went back and had dinner with the (Lazio) chairman. He told me: "We'll do a deal, but you must not tell a soul that you're here for him". I agreed.

'I got up the following morning and went down for breakfast. I got the Gazetta newspaper. Headline: "Fotherby, managing director of Leeds United, here to sign Gascoigne". The deal fell apart.'

Fotherby pops with energy as he talks about battling Brian Clough and hiring Wilkinson after discussing the details with him in a service station car park — Wilkinson's wife was fearful that Fotherby was part of the mafia because of his favourite fedora hat.

He may be best remembered as the man who sold Cantona, but the emotion in his voice is clear when he talks about his time at Elland Road.

'Leeds was the best thing I ever did,' he says. 'It was my life.'

He didn't manage to get Denis Irwin, though

Quote:
BRYAN ROBSON ON CANTONA

Eric had won the title with Leeds, so we knew he was a decent player with a good presence.

All the lads were quite happy when Eric came in, because we knew that we were building on being a really good team after beating Barcelona in the Cup Winners' Cup in 1991 and winning the League Cup in 1992.

We just missed out on the title that year because of the amount of cup games we had to play. When Eric came in we knew that would strengthen us again.

We were quite confident that he was the last piece in Sir Alex's jigsaw. He brought us that bit of presence and he was that charismatic type of player that the fans love.

Eric could create and score goals out of nothing, and that's the main attribute he brought to the club.

He would keep himself to himself as far as the dressing room was concerned. On the training pitch, that was where players picked things up from Eric.

Eric would go out and do his own warm-up before the group started working. He was also one of the first players to start doing warm downs by himself, before it had been introduced.

The one thing Eric always said was... he loved the British mentality. We'd have a bonding day once every two or three months and we'd go out and have a bite to eat. He really enjoyed that.

He took to the British culture and also the way we liked to play football.
Code:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5112347/I-sold-Eric-Cantona-Manchester-United.html
Old 03-12-2017, 01:35 PM   #255
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Eric Cantona: Manchester United should have made ME their manager when Alex Ferguson retired

The Old Trafford hero watched David Moyes and then Louis van Gaal struggle before current boss Jose Mourinho arrived

Eric Cantona has claimed Manchester United would have kept on winning titles if they’d appointed him as Sir Alex Ferguson’s successor four years ago.

The Frenchman said: “Only I could have made them succeed (after Fergie’s 2013 retirement). Nobody else. Only me.”

King Eric is still adored by United fans who remember him leading them to their first Premier League title in 1993, ending their 26-year wait.

Cantona walked away from *football when he retired in 1997 to *become an actor, but asked if he would ever consider a return to the game, Cantona, now 51, said: “No. Only to manage Manchester United.

“They won’t ask me. Maybe that’s why they didn’t win the Premier League."

United were champions when Ferguson retired in 2013. They appointed David Moyes and Louis van Gaal, who were both sacked, before Jose Mourinho was put in charge last year.

Despite his career in films, Cantona is still in touch with football – and he has hammered Brazilian superstar Neymar for his £196million move from Barcelona into the football backwater of the French league at PSG.

Cantona said: “He will be playing against Lorient and Guingamp. How is it possible to be a great player and go there?

“How old is he? 25? From Brazil to Barcelona to the French Championship. It disappoints me so much.”

In a recent interview, outspoken Cantona also dismissed Mourinho, claiming he’d rather have Manchester City’s Pep Guardiola in charge at United with his style more suited to Old Trafford’s traditions.

www.mirror.co.uk
Old 13-12-2017, 12:10 AM   #256
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Sekedar berita selingan biar tidak stress

Cara Kas Hartadi Memotivasi Eric Cantona

Bola.com, Solo - Libur kompetisi benar-benar dimanfaatkan Kas Hartadi berkumpul dengan keluarga di Solo, Jawa Tengah. Seusai membawa Kalteng Putra hingga babak 8 besar Liga 2 2017, mantan arsitek Sriwijaya FC itu fokus merajut kebersamaan dengan istri dan kedua putranya.

"Maklum musim ini saya harus berpisah dengan mereka. Waktu saya habis untuk bekerja di Kalteng Putra. Saat itu, bila libur saja bisa pulang ke Solo," tutur Kas Hartadi.

Selama di kampung halaman, Kas Hartadi juga sibuk membina pemain muda di Akademi Sepak Bola Kas Hartadi. Akademi itu cukup lama ditinggalkannya selama berkarier di klub yang bermarkas di Palangkaraya, Kalimantan Tengah itu.

"Selama di Kalteng, sebenarnya komunikasi saya dengan staf pengajar dan pelatih terus berjalan. Namun, kali ini saya bisa fokus melihat kemajuan siswa akademi," katanya.

Soal keluarga, kini Kas Hartadi fokus memberi motivasi kepada King Eric Cantona. Sosok itu bukan mantan pemain asal Prancis yang kondang itu melainkan putra sulung Kas Hartadi yang sedang meniti karier sebagai pesepak bola muda.

Saat ini King Eric Cantona tercatat sebagai siswa SMPN 1 Solo. Dia masuk kelas khusus olahraga.

"Keren juga kelas khusus itu. Sekolah memberi nama KKO, seperti pasukan elite Angkatan Laut tempo dulu. Ini kelas khusus bagi siswa yang berbakat di sepak bola," seloroh Kas Hartadi.

Mantan pelatih Persikabo Bogor itu memboyong keluarganya hadir di Stadion Manahan, Solo, Minggu (10/12/2017), untuk memberi motivasi kepada Eric Cantona berlatih bersama tim Dispora Kota Solo yang dipersiapkan tampil di Bogor.

"Posisi main Eric Cantona sebagai pemain sayap dan striker. Tiap hari rutinitasnya latihan pagi dan sore. Setelah itu mengikuti pelajaran sekolah. Jadi waktunya habis untuk sepak bola dan sekolah. Makanya, saya manfaatkan waktu sekecil apapun untuk memotivasi dia," jelas Kas Hartadi.

Last edited by Andi Istiabudi; 18-12-2017 at 10:20 PM..
Old 18-12-2017, 10:25 PM   #257
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Eric Cantona channels Magritte and a six-year-old in 2017’s most pointless book

We know the drill. There are only a few days until Christmas. You’ve not bought a present for your brother-in-law. He is bound to be a Manchester United fan – after all, he lives within an hour’s train ride south-west of London.

And hey presto, there in the bookshop lies a stylishly packaged book by none other than Eric Cantona. It is black, glossy and hardback. My Notebook is written in cursive script. There is a dust-jacket with the legendary midfielder’s bearded face and a cryptic piece of writing. It’s only £12.99. It would be perfect for him.

Stop right there. Unless you hate your brother-in-law and wish his Christmas to be a crushing disappointment, then under no circumstances buy this book.

Buy 13 quid’s worth of fireworks. One of those dancing flowers that sings “Mambo No 5”. Hell, get him a copy of Vogue and Glamour, if only for the free bar of chocolate and make-up bag.

Phallus

Here’s one reason why: there is a page in the book (who knows which one – they are not numbered) where Cantona appears to simultaneously channel René Magritte and a six-year-old, with a rudimentary drawing of a phallus and the caption “This is not a cock”. On the next page there is a cannon, equally badly drawn. The caption? “This is a cock.”

It is either brilliant, sad or massively condescending – or maybe a combination of all three. Perhaps it is a joke from the United great and we are all the butts of it for spending money on an ex-footballer’s doodlings.
Because that is what they are. On every page, there is a scrawled drawing and a pseudo-deep caption (“reflections, I call them,” he reveals via a conversation between two protagonists, Flip and Flop, in the opening pages); some nonsensical, some clumsily satirical, some weapons-grade bollocks. None are associated with football. Some are disconnected from pretty much everything. Such as the human figure holding a heart above some windows. Caption: “Hearts love long arms.”

Funny

Sometimes the drawings are funny, albeit in a “how the hell did he get this published” kind of way than genuine mirth.

If you really want a justification for buying the book, many of the captions accompanying the page-holding doodles are in French as well as English, which could serve as a learning tool (who knew the French for trompe l’oeil was trompe l’oeil?).

One thing we hope Cantona is not trying to do is emulate the work of Ben Vautier, an artist so famous in France he is known by his first name only.

Ben’s works are known for their white or pale script on black backgrounds, with pithy, witty, surreal statements such as “l’art est poussière” (“art is dust”) that are revered in France but provoke quizzical looks in Anglophone countries.

But Cantona isn’t anywhere near Ben’s level. A badly drawn headless body with the slogan “farts higher than his arse” (there’s that six-year-old again) does not a deep statement make. Then again, we are gifted two new additions to the Life-long List of Rude Words in other Languages (we’ve all got one, admit it) with “péter and “cul“.

Even the statements that are mildly thought-provoking – “out of fear that it may fall” next to a drawing of a body wearing a slipping crown – are rendered next to pointless by the barrel-scraping level of artistry.

So you have been warned. As Cantona may scrawl – next to a picture of a three-legged dog falling off a kerb, no doubt – no book is better than this one.

inews.co.uk
Old 23-12-2017, 04:28 PM   #258
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Football superstar Eric Cantona is coming to Nottingham with his one man show - and ticket prices are as high as £500

Meet and greet tickets are £200 to £500 but standard tickets start at £35

Manchester United legend Eric Cantona is coming to Nottingham in 2018 with his one-man show.

Tickets for An Evening With Eric Cantona at the Royal Concert Hall on Thursday, October 25, went on sale today (December 22) with prices ranging from £35 to £500.

Cantona - known to many Man Utd fans simply as 'The King' - will be talking about his life and career that included four Premier League titles, PFA Players' Player of the Year in 1993/94 and FWA Footballer of the Year in 1995/96.

A spokesman for the show said: "As far as superstars go, Eric Cantona is one of the most famous people on the planet. If you are a Manchester United fan then just the thought of being in the same room as him will have the hairs on your neck standing to attention.

"Who knows what to expect when the mercurial Eric Cantona takes to the stage in Nottingham for an extremely rare public appearance and interview about his career and life story?"

As well as the live Q&A, the event, which starts at 8pm, will include a charity memorabilia auction, games and a prize draw.

Standard tickets are priced from £35 to £65, while VIP tickets are £200 and £500.

Standard tickets include a prize draw to meet Cantona for a backstage photo before the show starts.

What do you get for a £200 VIP ticket?

A photograph with Cantona before the show. The photo will be printed on the night.

And a seat in the premier section in the stalls.

What do you get for a £500 VVIP ticket?

A meet and greet with the star backstage, a framed photograph with him and a 'large' signed piece of Eric Cantona memorabilia.

And a seat in the in the VVIP premier section in the stalls with "the best view."

www.nottinghampost.com
Old 24-12-2017, 07:33 AM   #259
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Keren nih iklannya Cantona

Old 02-02-2018, 10:09 AM   #260
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Just announced: An Evening with Eric Cantona in Belfast

ERIC 'The King' Cantona is beloved of Manchester United supporters of a certain middle-aged vintage – and fans in the north now have the opportunity to have an audience with their wilfully unconventional hero.

The French footie legend will be at Belfast's Waterfront Hall on October 29 for the descriptively billed An Evening with Eric Cantona: The Return of The King.

Cantona will be discussing his favourite players, why he retired at the peak of his career and why he loved Manchester United. He’ll also talk about making the surreal Ken Loach movie, Looking For Eric and whatever else is on his mind – you may even get to sample his famed philosophising firsthand.

We are being encouraged to believe that Cantona actually said the following about his upcoming Belfast show, one of several such Evening With events:

"I am really looking forward to coming to the UK to talk onstage. I have lots of stories to tell about my days at the greatest club of all, my beloved Manchester United, with the best fans in the world."

Confirmed Cantona crazies can avail of VIP and VVIP Packages to ensure they make the most of their hero's impending visit.

VIP tickets cost £200 and guarantee a seat in front few rows, plus a photo with Eric, while VVIP's will fork over £500 for the privilege of a front row seat, a champagne reception with Eric and a "large professional photo" taken with him, which will then be signed and framed.

VVIP ticket holders can also bring along an item to get signed – we suggest a copy of the classic 1995 single Kung Fu by local beat combo Ash, which immortalised Cantona's infamous 'interaction' with an abusive Crystal Palace fan on its cover.

:: Tickets and further information at Waterfront.co.uk

www.irishnews.com

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 120
AAM SR14, Aba_MaczUnited, achiell, adefebsa, alfiandrmwn, ambo ajo, aMieBeckz, and1, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, anggreawan achmad, ardie febrianto, Ardiey11, asririzky, babol cantona, Blacklist7, Bloody "Devil" R3d, bombom, bs_brew, chevy solskjaer, Deddy Hernandez, devil_heart, dhodoadrian, dimasgustaman, dudut, dwiki, Efri Loebay, Eka UPC, Emank_1412, endhy_cantona, fadilbedil, fajrinited, Febribule, felly_liu, ferrizt, fey777, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, gembul, ghopoereds, goodfron, Gothic, Hamka Husain Pasonai, Hand_rooney, HaRrY-UIK, hdhe16, hendiplast, HRHMU86, iamsetia, irfi_1, jifortin, julius. luturmas, kingherooney, LAM ILHAM, lusiarha, Luthfi4, Mahesa_Jenar, marviel, Merahponod90, MUFC1878, MuhammadTegarAl, mygalzbiatch, NanDerSar, ncut_lgx, NdeGue, Nickz09, oldark, ollacarla, Om Juna, Oom Panda, penk22_, Pure_red, Rean, red, Redsbusby, rendrakristy, rio vander vidic, riska ramdhani, Riskur, rizluq, robby7beckham, ronald hars, ronysnaja, RyanRezha, saksono, santo_kemp, sepatu_ancur, sridaka17, Subagio U. Arra, teguhhidayat, tietocinex, Tio Rizky Ari, tovanokristan, Trezz Kiko, tumpal_oneunited, tyquack, Ucup Carrick, UdyMUFC, uicb-dyz, unai cantona, UNITED1878, Uwie_andriana, VaDLi, vankyoet, Van_Munandar, Victory, wahyou91, waynehanks, wazzapoetra, wira_ozora, xkeiszglf34, zudomiriku, [skywalker]