United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Crew > Ex United

Old 13-10-2017, 12:26 AM   #51
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: [Legend] Sir Bobby Charlton

BECKHAM'S LINK TO SIR BOBBY

David Beckham has revealed how one of his middle names, Robert, is in tribute to Sir Bobby Charlton.

Becks' father Ted is an avid Manchester United and Sir Bobby fan, so much so that he wanted there to be a permanent link to his hero when David was born.

David Robert Joseph Beckham arrived on 2 May 1975 and the man himself has nothing but praise and admiration for the club legend, who celebrates his 80th birthday on Wednesday.

"I was lucky enough to meet him when I went to the Bobby Charlton Soccer School at the age of 10 when I first came here, and I won it when I was 11," recalls Beckham in an interview with MUTV. "It was a dream to meet him because he was my dad’s favourite player and my middle name Robert is after Sir Bobby!

"He would always try to help the young players. When you play for a club and you have ex-players that come and talk to you that are involved with the team, it means a lot. But when you have Sir Bobby Charlton come up to you and say well done or this is how you can do something better or this is how you represent the club, it means something.

"It means so much when you have someone of that stature and with that experience who is a legend at the club you support. He means so much to so many people, especially to Manchester United fans and England fans."

www.manutd.com
Andi Istiabudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2017, 12:28 AM   #52
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

POEM MARKS SIR BOBBY'S 80TH BIRTHDAY

Our latest Paddy Crerand Show on MUTV was illuminated by a special phone-call from Ivor Pacey in Nottingham.

The regular caller read out a stirring poem he penned in tribute to Sir Bobby Charlton, to mark the Old Trafford legend's 80th birthday today (Wednesday).

The seven-verse rhyme emotionally charts the great man's journey from Ashington in the North East of England to greatness, including winning the greatest honours in the club and international game with the Reds and his country.

www.manutd.com
Old 24-01-2018, 03:48 PM   #53
Andi Istiabudi
manager

SIR BOBBY'S TRIBUTE TO JIMMY ARMFIELD

Everybody at Manchester United is saddened by the news of Jimmy Armfield’s death and club ambassador Sir Bobby Charlton has written the following statement…

“I am deeply saddened by the death of Jimmy Armfield.

"As an opponent, team-mate and friend he was, without doubt, one of the most honest and genuine gentlemen I had the good fortune to meet.

"I first got to know Jimmy during our respective national service, when we played in the same army sides. Little did I know then our paths would cross so often and it is still a privilege to think I played for Manchester United in Jimmy’s final match for Blackpool in 1971.

"As one of the first overlapping full-backs he was always a dangerous opponent. Little wonder he was regarded as the best right-back in Europe in the early 1960s.

"I was fortunate to play alongside him at the 1962 World Cup and although he didn’t play in 1966, he was never less than a positive influence on the squad as we went on to become world champions for the first and only time.

"However, I knew the man as well as the player and it was not by chance that we stayed in touch for so long after we had both retired. I have missed listening to his authoritative radio commentaries and now I will miss seeing Mr Blackpool around the scene.

"Lady Norma and I send our condolences to Jimmy’s wife Anne, sons Duncan and John and the rest of their family.”

www.manutd.com
Old 17-05-2018, 06:42 AM   #54
Andi Istiabudi
manager

SIR BOBBY CHARLTON'S TRIBUTE TO RAY WILSON

Manchester United legend Sir Bobby Charlton has expressed his sadness at the news that his former England team-mate Ray Wilson has passed away at the age of 83.

Sir Bobby and Ray were part of Sir Alf Ramsey’s England team who claimed a memorable World Cup triumph in 1966, beating West Germany 4-2 in the final at Wembley.

Former Everton and Huddersfield Town full-back Wilson had been battling Alzheimer's disease.

Sir Bobby has released the following statement:

“Lady Norma and I are deeply saddened by the awful news that Ray has passed away.

“Ray was an excellent team-mate at international level for many years and a close friend. We shared some wonderful memories throughout our career and I had the pleasure of being his room-mate. Ray was a great man and he will be missed by so many people.

“Our thoughts are with Ray’s wife, Pat, and their family during this difficult time.”

www.manutd.com
Old 12-10-2018, 12:00 AM   #55
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Selamat ultah ke-81 Mbah Bobby, semoga panjang umur dan sehat selalu yach

Old 13-02-2019, 06:18 AM   #56
Andi Istiabudi
manager

SIR BOBBY'S TRIBUTE TO GORDON BANKS

Manchester United legend Sir Bobby Charlton has paid tribute to his World Cup-winning team-mate Gordon Banks, following the sad news that the former England goalkeeper has passed away at the age of 81.

Sir Bobby told us: “Lady Norma and I are deeply saddened to hear of the passing of Gordon Banks.

“Gordon was a fantastic goalkeeper, without doubt one of the best England has ever had.

“I was proud to call him a team-mate. Obviously we shared that great day in 1966 but it was more than that.

“Gordon will be deeply missed and our thoughts are with his family at this very sad time.”

Like Charlton, Banks was one of the English footballers renowned around the globe, after helping the national team to lift the Jules Rimet trophy in 1966 and defend it as far as the quarter-final in Mexico four years later.

His save to prevent Pele scoring for Brazil with a point-blank header is regarded as one of the greatest ever.

“Even though I was on the pitch and have seen it many times since, I still don’t know how he saved that header from Pele,” added Sir Bobby.

n the domestic game, Banks started his career with Chesterfield, before signing for Leicester City - the team he faced United with in the 1963 FA Cup final, which Matt Busby's team won 3-1.

Banks' final English club - before spells in the United States, South America and Ireland - was Stoke City; the Potters hosted the Reds in his testimonial match in 1973, with Charlton and Portugal icon Eusebio guesting for the home side.

www.manutd.com
Old 24-02-2020, 09:11 AM   #57
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

We have more reason than ever to cherish Sir Bobby Charlton... there has never been a greater ambassador for Manchester United and his sport

* Sir Bobby Charlton is the only survivor of the 1958 Munich disaster still with us
* We have more reason to cherish him as enthusiastically as at Manchester United
* There has never been a greater ambassador for both the club and also the sport
* The 1966 World Cup final is worth watching again to witness Charlton's display

Lamenting this week of the passing of Harry Gregg, I found myself thinking about Sir Bobby Charlton and, in turn, the 1966 World Cup final.

Charlton is now the only survivor of the 1958 Munich disaster still with us. As such, we have more reason than ever to cherish him as enthusiastically as they do at Manchester United. A greater ambassador for his club and his sport there has never been.

In terms of the 1966 final, it is worth watching again, not only to witness Charlton’s supreme part in it but also for a little of what it tells us about football then and football now.

There is no greater ambassador for the sport and Manchester United than Sir Bobby Charlton

It is actually quite hard to get hold of a copy of the whole game. It is not on the internet. The best I could do when we celebrated its 50th anniversary four summers ago was to buy a BBC DVD featuring the very extended highlights.

It contains the vast majority of the game and is worth the effort. To watch England’s most glorious sporting afternoon from a distance of half a century is illuminating.

Charlton is certainly magnificent on the footage — especially over the first hour. On a poor, heavy pitch, he is the best passer, in terms of vision and execution, by a country mile.

Franz Beckenbauer, at 20 the rising star of German football, is utterly anonymous by comparison. Both English full backs, George Cohen and Ray Wilson, are poor.

Veterans of that game have always said Alan Ball was the man of the match, and over the course of the 120 minutes that stacks up today. As others tire around him, Ball keeps going, metronomically. It’s a Herculean effort from one of the most selfless players we have known.

It is worth watching the 1966 World Cup final again to enjoy Sir Bobby's supreme showing. But the final is a markedly different spectacle when compared with much of what we see today

But a slightly more uncomfortable truth is that in terms technical proficiency, speed and athleticism, the final is a markedly different spectacle when compared with much of what we see today. Despite the drama, much of the actual football is unimpressive.

Certainly, both teams appear hindered by the failure of the surface to cope with the 24 hours of rain that preceded the game.

More than 50 years ago, the standard of the players’ boots and of the ball itself were in nobody’s favour.

Even so, it is hard to ignore the number of rather hopeful, long balls played by both sides, the consistent inability to pass accurately over longer distances, and the way corner kicks are just lumped aimlessly in to the penalty area. If this sounds a little sacrilegious, buy a copy of the DVD and have a look for yourself.

Comparing eras is very difficult and some may say it’s pointless. Who is to say that — blessed with the facilities, conditioning and medicine now available — the great players of yesterday would not have been the great players of today? The likes of Charlton and Ball would have thrived in any era. They were tactically freer back then, too, and that must have been a blessing.

Nevertheless, if ever we are in doubt as to the standards we are fortunate to witness today, a proper look back through history can be helpful. On the whole, we really are very lucky, even if our weekly episodes of Premier League action continue to be cursed by the wrecking ball they call VAR.

Now there is a thought: VAR at the 1966 World Cup final. They would never have got the game finished in daylight.

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8035725/IAN-LADYMAN-reason-cherish-Sir-Bobby-Charlton.html
Old 26-04-2020, 01:09 AM   #58
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Sir Bobby memang layak mendapatkannya

SIR BOBBY VOTED UNITED'S GREATEST ENGLISHMAN

Manchester United supporters have voted Sir Bobby Charlton as the club's greatest-ever English player.

The World Cup winner amassed an impressive 35 per cent of the vote to beat Wayne Rooney into second place, with Paul Scholes third.

David Beckham, Duncan Edwards, Bryan Robson, Rio Ferdinand and Gary Neville also featured on our shortlist to mark St George's Day.

Sir Bobby's career was simply extraordinary. After breaking into the Busby Babes' team as a youngster, he survived the Munich Air Disaster and went on to score twice in the final when United won the European Cup for the first time in 1968.

An attacking midfielder with a ferocious shot, he scored 249 times in 758 appearances for the club. Both figures were long-standing records until surpassed by Rooney and Ryan Giggs respectively.

Rooney also overtook the 1966 Ballon d'Or winner's England record tally of 49 goals, which came from 106 caps.

The outcome of the poll shows the great esteem in which the 82-year-old is rightly still held. Indeed, his popularity has always stretched across the globe.

Fans on Facebook offered their praise for the United icon, with Craig Bramwell posting: “Charlton, hands down. Becks was my all-time favourite player but Charlton was the greatest.”

Gordon Adams agreed, saying: “[Been a] United fan since 1957 so, had Munich not have happened, Duncan Edwards would have my vote. However, it did happen and so it is Sir Bobby, hands down, for all that he has achieved, on and off the pitch, and for the world's greatest club.”

Taiwo Wizzy Ayodeji made a persuasive argument, explaining: “Bobby Charlton won the Ballon d'Or, World Cup and European Cup. These feats alone made him stand out compared to other English players at United. To me, Sir Bobby is the greatest English player.”

During our MUTV Group Chat, the former Reds also backed the decision to hand Sir Bobby the title of our best English footballer.

“It's a tough one but I'm going with Bobby Charlton,” said Wes Brown. “For what he's done in the past and obviously watching stuff when I was growing up on video. What he did - not just for club but for country as well - means I'll go with Bobby. We've all met him and he's an absolute top man.”

Fellow defender David May said: “What he came through - Munich, then winning the European Cup, winning the World Cup, being a club ambassador. In these times, I think he is the perfect gentleman to get that accolade.”

Danny Webber agreed, commenting: “For personal reasons as well. When I was a kid coming through, the boss introduced me to him and Sir Matt Busby and I remember being in awe of him and thinking 'wow'. For me, Sir Bobby is an absolute legend.”

The only man to choose another option was Ben Thornley, who explained: “I admired Bryan Robson greatly as a kid. The best player I ever played with was Paul Scholes but, in an era where United really, really needed somebody, Robson was a one-man team.”

POLL RESULT

Sir Bobby Charlton - 35%
Wayne Rooney - 26%
Paul Scholes - 14%
David Beckham - 12%
Duncan Edwards - 6%
Bryan Robson - 5%
Rio Ferdinand - 1%
Gary Neville - 1%

Thank you to everybody who voted!

www.manutd.com
Old 11-10-2020, 02:36 PM   #59
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Happy Birthday Legend !!!

Old 02-11-2020, 09:09 AM   #60
zudomiriku
Happy New Year 2023

Thanked 1,785 Times in 921 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
zudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond reputezudomiriku has a reputation beyond repute

Manchester United and England great Sir Bobby Charlton, 83, has dementia - the fifth member of 1966 World Cup-winning team to have been diagnosed - with the news coming just three months after the death of his older brother Jack

* Sir Bobby Charlton's wife, Lady Norma, has confirmed his dementia diagnosis
* The 83-year-old is the fifth player from the 1966 team to have been diagnosed
* The news comes after Nobby Stiles, another to have lived with dementia, died
* Sir Bobby's brother, Jack, died in July and was also discovered to have dementia

Sir Bobby Charlton has been diagnosed with dementia, the Manchester United and England legend’s family have confirmed.

The 83-year-old is the fifth member of England’s 1966 World Cup-winning team to suffer from the debilitating neurological condition.

The news emerged just two days after Charlton’s former United teammate Nobby Stiles passed away at the age of 78 and three months after his elder brother Jack died at 85.

Bobby Charlton, the England and Manchester United icon, has been diagnosed with dementia. The 83-year-old's wife, Lady Norma, has confirmed the news and hopes it will now 'help others'

Martin Peters and Ray Wilson were also diagnosed with Alzheimer’s before their deaths. Charlton’s illness will only increase calls for more research into the links between football and dementia.

Cup winning team has been diagnosed with dementia. Perhaps the greatest of them all @Sir Bobby. This is both sad and deeply concerning.’

It is understood that Charlton’s wife, Lady Norma, and family agreed for the information to be made public so it could help others affected by dementia.

United issued a statement, saying: ‘Everyone at Manchester United is saddened that this terrible disease has afflicted Sir Bobby Charlton and we continue to offer our love and support to Sir Bobby and his family.’

Nobby Stiles (R), Sir Bobby's ex-team-mate, died on Friday and was diagnosed with dementia

Sir Bobby's brother, Jack (L), died in July aged 85 and was also discovered to have dementia

Charlton was only 20 years old when he survived the Munich Air Disaster in 1958 which killed eight of the Busby Babes and 23 people in total.

He went on to make 758 appearances and score 249 goals for United — both club records until they were beaten by Ryan Giggs and Wayne Rooney respectively — including two in the 1968 European Cup final win over Benfica.

He is one of the ‘Holy Trinity’ along with George Best and Denis Law who are immortalised in a statue outside Old Trafford.

Charlton also scored 49 goals for England — another record until it was broken by Rooney — and won the Ballon d’Or in 1966 for his part in England’s World Cup triumph.

A United director and ambassador, he and Lady Norma were regulars at Old Trafford up until last season, sitting in the South Stand at Old Trafford that bears his name.

The FA offered their support, tweeting a heart emoji and the message: ‘Sending our best wishes to @SirBobby and family.’

The National Football Museum added: ‘Sad news regarding our president, Sir Bobby Charlton, who has been diagnosed with dementia. Thoughts with Lady Norma, family and friends in what has been a very tough year.’

United held a minute’s silence for Stiles before Sunday's defeat at home to Arsenal, when players from both teams also wore black armbands.

Newcastle manager and former United captain Steve Bruce paid tribute to both Stiles and Charlton after his team’s win over Everton. ‘I’ve had the privilege to have been in their company many times. The two of them are greats,’ said Bruce. ‘The way they are as football players is one thing, but their humility, what they stood for, the way they were as individuals, they were quite exemplary.

‘All the advice they gave, you would accept. In the near 10 years I was there at United, Sir Bobby came round every day and shook you by the hand. He came into the dressing-room and that presence of “wow, there’s Sir Bobby Charlton, what a player he was”.’

Four members of the 1966 team, Stiles (second from top left), Martin Peters (bottom row far left), Jack Charlton (top row middle) and Ray Wilson (top row second from right), who experienced World Cup glory have died since 2018 after living with dementia

His diagnosis will increase demands for football to do more to deal with dementia in professionals after the passing of Stiles on Friday.

Stiles, Martin Peters, Jack Charlton and Ray Wilson, all members of the 1966 group of heroes, have died in the last couple of years and had lived with dementia.

In 2002, a Staffordshire coroner concluded, when examining the death of former West Brom forward Jeff Astle, that heavy, rain-sodded footballs - coupled with the game's physicality - might have been a cause of his neurodegeneration.

His daughter, Dawn, has spearheaded the campaign for research into the area.

She said: ‘Our hope back then was we might establish a real understanding of the link within perhaps 10 years at least.

‘That might mean we could help families, even though it was too late for people like my dad.'

However, it was only 12 months ago that analysis, funded by the PFA and the FA, firmly established the connection made all those years ago.

The death of Stiles has increased vocal demands for football to do more to deal with dementia

It was discovered in a study in Scotland that ex-footballers were five times more likely to suffer from Alzheimer's disease than the average person and three-and-a-half times more likely to die of dementia.

Sportsmail revealed back in January that the FA and PFA were being urged to help fund a new £1million project by experts examining links between dementia and former footballers after the landmark Scotland study concerns over the impact of heading the ball.

An FA spokesperson said at the time: 'The FA is committed to finding answers that will help tell us why degenerative neurocognitive disease was found to be more common in ex-professional footballers in the study.

'The details of the study, jointly funded by the FA and PFA, were published in October last year and it was one of the most comprehensive ever commissioned globally into the long-term health of former professional footballers.

'The FA is supporting two research programmes with Nottingham University, looking at arthritis and neurocognition study in ex-professional footballers, and with the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, looking into brain function in football.'

Code:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-8902455/Manchester-United-England-great-Sir-Bobby-Charlton-diagnosed-dementia.html

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 45
akbar15, alfiandrmwn, Andi Istiabudi, andiancha, Ardiey11, Blacklist7, bmanutd, dery pramudito, fajrinited, febza, fey777, finza_13, FirdaAnnisa, fredrian.seven, frmnsyh_KEANO, goodfron, Gustiono, HRHMU86, iamsetia, jifortin, Lang25, Mahesa_Jenar, marviel, MUFC1878, Nachir_79, oldark, Om Juna, penk22_, Rean, rio vander vidic, rizluq, Ryan_lallo, sepatu_ancur, SR 7, tietocinex, tumpal_oneunited, UdyMUFC, uicb-dyz, UNITED1878, VaDLi, vankyoet, Van_Munandar, Zakaria Jhack, zudomiriku