United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club
Register
Go Back   United Indonesia - Manchester United Indonesia Supporters Club > INSIDE MANCHESTER UNITED > United Previews and Reviews > Archives > Archives 2017/2018

View Poll Results: Your Man of the Match ?
Nemanja Matic 3 100.00%
Romelu Lukaku 0 0%
Sergio Romero 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17-03-2018, 01:28 AM   #11
Andi Istiabudi
manager
Youtube: Andi Istiabudi

Thanked 2,334 Times in 1,748 Posts
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: [FAC] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion

JOSE'S PASSIONATE PRESS CONFERENCE

Jose Mourinho was in a determined mood when speaking to the media on Friday afternoon ahead of Saturday’s Emirates FA Cup quarter-final against Brighton & Hove Albion.

The boss gave an impassioned response to the supporters and says he is fully committed to bringing success to the club.

Read the key points from the manager’s press conference below…

HAPPY WITH PLAYERS’ REACTION AFTER CHAMPIONS LEAGUE EXIT
“Of course, I’m better. I’m happy with what I saw in my players after the match. I'm happy that people were sad and people were frustrated. I am happy we were exactly on the same page and I'm happy to see the boys coming back again on my page because you don't have many days to be sad.”

THE PLAYERS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN PROFESSIONAL
“We train very well, always. We train always very, very well, so we don't need a reaction to train better than we do because the training, the professionality, the enthusiasm, the organisation, every training session with us since day one, since I arrived, the players have been absolutely brilliant.”

EVERY MATCH IS IMPORTANT
“Every match is important. was not very objective when I said that Sevilla is more important than Liverpool. I said that possibly for some people, for some fans, the Liverpool game matters and can be more important than any other match of the season. But for me, every match is different and every match is important.”

FANS ARE ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINIONS
“I say to the fans that the fans are the fans and the fans have the right to have their opinions and to have their reactions. But there is something that I used to call ‘football heritage’. I try to translate from my Portuguese, which is almost perfect to my English that is far from perfect, but translation word by word is something like ‘football heritage’ and what a manager inherits is something like the last time Manchester United reached the Champions League final, which didn’t happen a lot of times, was in 2011. Since 2011, the club went out of the group stage in 2012. The group was almost the same group as we had this season - Benfica, Basel and Otelul Galati from Romania. Out in the group phase. In 2013, out at Old Trafford in the last 16 and I was on the other bench [with Real Madrid]. In 2014, out in the quarter-final [against Bayern Munich]. In 2015, no European football. In 2016, comes back to European football, out in the group phase, goes to Europa League, and in the second knockout, out of Europa League. In 2017, play Europa League, win Europa League with me and goes back to Champions League. In 2018, win the group phase with 15 points out of a possible 18 and loses at home in the last 16.”

A MESSAGE FOR SUPPORTERS
"If you want to go to the Premier League, the last victory was in 2012/13 and in the four subsequent seasons United finished seventh, fourth, fifth and sixth. So, in the last four years, the best finish was fourth. This is 'football heritage.' It means that when you start the process you are here and you are there. It is heritage. If the fans, that I will always respect, many of them are the ones you speak with, many of them are the ones I speak with, and I am very lucky and you are very unlucky. But the ones that speak with you are very disappointed and the ones I speak with, they know what is football heritage. They know what is a process and they know when I arrived.”

I HAVE AN AMAZING JOB TO DO
“The good thing for me and the amazing feeling for me is that I am exactly on the same page as the owners, as Mr Woodward, as Mr Arnold, we are exactly on the same page. We agree in everything. We know that we have a process, we agree in the investments, we agree that we have what we have, the investments we are going to do are going to be progressively season after season, we need more than the investments, we need also, the time, but we are exactly in the same page. So, life is good. I have an amazing job to do.”

I CAME HERE FOR THE CHALLENGE
“Yesterday, I met a new person that we have in the club, working in a different area, nothing to do with my job, it was a person that came from another club and I asked them: "Why did you decide to come?" And the person told me: “Because, I did a fantastic job in another club, and I know that this club, I have a big, huge job in front of me to do, so I came for the challenge.” Well done. Well done. My decision to come here was based on the same thing. I could be in another country, with a league in the pocket, the kind of league that you win even before the league starts. I could be, I'm not, I'm here.”

I WANT TO LEAVE A LEGACY
“One day when I leave, the next Manchester United manager will find here: [Romelu] Lukaku, [Nemanja] Matic, of course [David] De Gea from many years ago. They will find players with a different mentality, with a different quality, with a different background, with a different status, with a different knowhow. For some reason, you go to the Champions League quarter-final like today and there are four clubs that are always there. Always there. Barcelona have always been there in the past seven or eight years. Real Madrid have always been there in the past seven or eight years, Juventus is always there, Bayern Munich is always there and then of course, now and again, another club like my Inter [Milan] and some other clubs like Monaco also appear.”

MY MENTALITY ISN’T GOING TO CHANGE
“I'm here and I'm going to be here. No way am I going to change my mentality. For me, I don't know if you know the expression, I don't know if the translation to English makes you understand but there is a quote that I like, which is something like ‘every wall is a door’. I'm not going to run away, I'm not going to disappear, I'm not going to cry because I heard a few boos. I'm not going to disappear from the tunnel, running immediately. The next match, I will be the first to go out.”

I’M REALLY HAPPY TO BE WHAT I AM
“I respect the fans, I'm not afraid of anything. I'm not afraid of my responsibilities. When I was 20 years old, I was nobody in football. I was somebody's son. What I was, with a lot of pride when I was 20 years old, I was somebody's son. You know? And now, at 55, I am what I am, I did what I did, because of work, because of my talent and because of my mentality. So, you know, they can be together, I understand that for many years I was really hard for the people that don’t like me – ‘here he is again, here he wins again, here he is again, here he wins again’. So for 10 months, I win nothing. For 10 months, I win nothing. The last title that I won was 10 months ago. I beat Liverpool, I beat Chelsea, I lose against Sevilla and now is their moment to be happy. Okay, you know, I also learnt that in my religious formation, be happy with others’ happiness, even if the others are your enemies. So, I am a very lucky guy and I'm really happy to be what I am.”

www.manutd.com

Last edited by Andi Istiabudi; 17-03-2018 at 01:37 AM..
Old 17-03-2018, 01:30 AM   #12
Andi Istiabudi
manager

Andi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to beholdAndi Istiabudi is a splendid one to behold

WHAT SATURDAY MEANS TO A BRIGHTON FAN
Report by Tom Storer

Describing Brighton’s first season in the top flight since 1983 as memorable for the club’s fans would be an understatement.

Since our last stint in the big time, we have seen our home ground turned into a ‘Toys R Us’ and spent 14 years in exile, including 12 playing at an athletics stadium. The emotion in the stands at the Amex ahead of our season opener against Manchester City was understandable, given how close the club came to extinction in 1997.

Our 1-0 defeat at Old Trafford in November was the first time Brighton had played Manchester United in my lifetime and this is the first occasion we have reached the quarter-finals of the FA Cup in that time. That says it all about just how special this year has been and an extra trip to the Theatre of Dreams this Saturday will be relished.

Whenever this fixture comes around, Brighton fans instantly think of Gordon Smith’s chance to win the FA Cup final in 1983. The striker was one on one in the closing stages and it looked like he could not miss, but his shot thudded into Gary Bailey's legs.

The game finished 2-2 but we had blown our chance and the replay proved to be a disappointing 4-0 drubbing. That was the closest we have ever come to a major trophy and we have not been back to Wembley since.

Although that defeat still stings to this day, it is a good time to be supporting Brighton. We are by no means safe from the drop but we've not been in the relegation zone all season and took our first points off a top-six club two weeks ago with a 2-1 win against Arsenal.

Despite coming into Saturday’s tie on the back of a disappointing performance at Everton, you can expect Chris Hughton to have his players fully motivated. The Albion fans, undeterred by the scoreline at Goodison Park, were tremendous, as they have been on every trip this season, so be prepared for plenty of noise from the away end.

Albion will be without Anthony Knockaert after his petulant second-half challenge on Leighton Baines leaves him serving a three-match suspension, while Dale Stephens and Gaetan Bong are touch and go to be fit, according to Hughton. Steve Sidwell also remains sidelined.

Glenn Murray is the focus of media attention recently but I would not be surprised to see him rested for £14million January signing Jurgen Locadia. The Dutchman has already scored twice in his limited opportunities since recovering from a hamstring injury that he arrived with.

The 24-year-old striker said last June that he dreams of playing for United, although he admitted he might need to play for a smaller club first, so he is definitely one to keep an eye on this weekend.

Predicted team: Krul, Schelotto, Duffy, Dunk, Suttner, March, Kayal, Propper, Izquierdo, Gross, Locadia.

The opinions expressed in this article are personal to the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Manchester United.

www.manutd.com
Old 17-03-2018, 01:36 AM   #13
Andi Istiabudi
manager

MESSAGE FOR FANS AHEAD OF UNITED V BRIGHTON

Manchester United would like to remind all supporters of its commitment to ensuring that Old Trafford continues to be a welcoming environment to all people and will take action against any offensive or discriminatory behaviour.

The club strives to ensure equality, diversity and inclusion throughout so that Old Trafford is free from all forms of discrimination.

In 2016, the club launched its own equality programme, #allredallequal which encompasses all the hard work done by the Club, players, staff and supporters within this essential area.

The club continues to work closely with organisations such as Kick It Out, Stonewall, Level Playing Field, MUDSA and many more groups as Manchester United looks to be at the forefront of equality.

The initiative showcases best practice in all aspects of equality and everybody in the Manchester United family has an important part to play.

If you are witness to, or subject of any discriminatory language or behaviour at Old Trafford, then please speak to your nearest steward. Alternatively, supporters can text HELP to 60442 followed by the stand, row and seat of the offender and the nature of the problem.

www.manutd.com
Old 17-03-2018, 02:55 PM   #14
Andi Istiabudi
manager

JOSE: IT'LL BE HARD AGAINST HAPPY BRIGHTON

Jose Mourinho says Manchester United and Brighton & Hove Albion have similar form guides ahead of the sides’ Emirates FA Cup clash on Saturday.

Brighton lost for the first time since 20 January last week, when Everton beat them 2-0 at Goodison Park, and the Reds boss likened that to his team’s own run being halted by Sevilla. In fact, the last six results for each side have been identical, with four wins and one draw preceding the latest outcome, a loss.

“An isolated defeat doesn’t reflect the period,” commented Mourinho in his pre-match interview with MUTV.

“The situations are not with big distances [between them]. We beat Chelsea and Liverpool and then we lost against Sevilla and it looks now that we are a disaster.

“In a club like ours, with our dimension, it is quite easy to make us go from hero to villain. With Brighton, that is not happening so their feeling is for sure that they are in a good moment.

“They have a very good team playing with great stability, with happiness according to the results, so it’s going to be hard.”

The United manager also spoke highly of Brighton’s performance when they lost 1-0 at Old Trafford back in November and of their quest to remain in the top flight next season.

He continued: “They now have more experience in the Premier League at the highest level and are obviously more confident because of their position in the table.

“They can see light at the end of the tunnel and are almost there so it’s brilliant work by Chris [Hughton]. I really believe in them staying in the top division and now they are fighting to go to Wembley in the Cup."

www.manutd.com
Old 18-03-2018, 08:03 AM   #15
Andi Istiabudi
manager

REPORT: MANCHESTER UNITED 2 BRIGHTON 0

Emirates FA Cup quarter-final | 17 March 2018 | Old Trafford | Attendance: 74,421 | Scorers: Lukaku 37, Matic 83

Manchester United are back at Wembley as goals from Romelu Lukaku and Nemanja Matic steered the Reds to an Emirates FA Cup semi-final spot next month.

Jose Mourinho had highlighted the star contribution of Lukaku and Matic in his memorable Friday press conference and the pair paid back there compliments with the goals that see United in London on the weekend of 21/22 April.

Old Trafford fans were looking for a quick response from the team following the huge disappointment of the Champions League exit to Sevilla last Tuesday. Mourinho had produced his own riposte as a result of the Euro KO with his impassioned speech to the media. Now it was the time for the team to give their answer.

There was a mini blizzard at the start of the game that left the surface with a light dusting of snow but it took the Reds a little bit of time to warm up in the Arctic conditions. But for there most part it was a case of United camping out in the Brighton half.

Early shots from top scorer Lukaku and Jesse Lingard failed to trouble Brighton goalkeeper Tim Krul. Anthony Martial was always threatening danger and a tight link up with Juan Mata after 29 minutes saw a series of one-twos force United through the Brighton defence but Mata’s shot was deflected wide. Chris Smalling almost had the breakthrough from the resulting corner as he stabbed a shot against the woodwork in a near-post scramble.

There wasn’t a lot of danger coming from Chris Hughton’s side but there was a warning after 32 minutes when captain Lewis Dunk powered a header that needed a pair of strong gloves from Sergio Romero to keep the effort out.

United’s build-up remained patient and measured and they got the reward after 37 minutes. Matic serviced Lukaku with a swinging long cross to the far post which the Belgian met with a header to beat Krul for his 25th goal in all competitions in his Reds debut campaign.

There was a quiet, discreet fist pump towards Mourinho from the striker and the manager responded in kind. It was Lukaku’s 10th goal in 14 matches in 2018 and just what United needed.

Brighton had been neat and tidy and looked like the plan was to contain the Reds and strike on the break. Lukaku left that blueprint in tatters and the Seagulls second-half tactics showed a bit more threat with Pascal Gross and Jergen Locadia threatening Romero’s goal early in the second 45.

Locadia’s second attempt after 57 minutes was the most dangerous of Brighton’s response as the Dutchman turned and fired a left foot shot that Romero sprang spectacularly to keep out.

United were finding it a struggle to add to Lukaku’s first-half goal and were unable to test Krul as Brighton continued to add to their goal attempts stats. Locadia was adding the most to that and hearts were in mouths when he was free at the far post but directed his header over the bar.

The Reds continued to find chances hard to come by to alleviate the growing anxiety of a potential equaliser and extra time, but finally as the temperatures dipped Matic relieved the stress with the second goal seven minutes from time.

Half-time substitute Ashley Young, who had replaced Luke Shaw, floated in a free-kick to the far post and Matic did what Lukaku had done earlier and met the delivery with a headed finish in front of the Stretford End. Wembley here we come!

THE LINE-UPS

United: Romero; Valencia (c), Bailly, Smalling, Shaw (Young 45); Matic, McTominay; Mata (Rashford 73), Lingard (Fellaini 88), Martial; Lukaku.

Subs not used: De Gea, Lindelof, Young, Pogba, Alexis.

Brighton: Krul; Schelotto, Dunk (c), Duffy, Suttner; Beram Kayal, Propper, Gross; Locadia, Ulloa (Murray 76), March (Izquierdo 69).

Subs not used: Maenpaa, Bruno, Goldson, Sanders, Baldock.

TALKING POINTS

LUKAKU LOVES THE CUP
United have a lot to thank Romelu Lukaku for this season, particularly as the Reds chase the one piece of silverware left on offer. The Belgian has scored five of United’s 10 goals in the FA Cup having struck against Derby, Yeovil, twice at Huddersfield and now Brighton. Let's hope he can keep it going under the Wembley arch.

WHEN IS THE SEMI-FINAL DRAW?
United will discover our Wembley opponents in the last four on Sunday afternoon following the last quarter-final of the weekend when Leicester City play Chelsea at the King Power Stadium. The draw will be live on BBC One and United will be ball no.2.

WHAT'S NEXT FOR UNITED?
It’s an international break for the squad following the cup tie but United will be back in action at Old Trafford against Swansea City in the Premier League on Saturday 31 March (KO 15:00 BST).

www.manutd.com
Old 18-03-2018, 08:05 AM   #16
Andi Istiabudi
manager

MATIC IS MAN OF THE MATCH

Nemanja Matic claimed Manchester United's Man of the Match award after helping the Reds progress to the Emirates FA Cup semi-finals at Wembley.

The Serbian supplied a delightful cross for Romelu Lukaku to power home a header in the first half before heading in a second himself seven minutes from time from Ashley Young’s free-kick to seal a 2-0 victory over Brighton in Saturday’s quarter-final.

The combative midfielder was subsequently crowned the star man by fans on Twitter for the fifth time this season, after receiving a massive 80 per cent of the final vote. Fellow goalscorer Lukaku (10 per cent) and goalkeeper Sergio Romero (10 per cent) were the other players nominated.

Reflecting on the victory over the Seagulls, Matic told BT Sport: "It’s been a difficult for us after the defeat [against Sevilla] of course,” he said. “We always said after the Sevilla game that it was very important to see a reaction and I am happy that we went through and we go to the semi-final.

“I'm happy for the team. Of course, at 1-0, the result is always dangerous because they [Brighton] are a good team and they could always punish us for any mistakes, so it was important to kill the game by scoring a second and that's exactly what we did.”

He went on: “I am sure after national team break we will come back stronger as there is still lots to achieve. In the Premier League, it’s always difficult to be in the top four because every team is strong, every team hopes to be in the first four to play Champions League so we have to fight until the end to be in the top four positions.

“We are second and I hope we will stay there and in the FA Cup we are in the semi-finals so anything is possible.

"When you play for Manchester United, supporters always expect you to win the trophies and I hope that we are ready to win the FA Cup, which is very important in England, so we will fight until the end of course"

www.manutd.com
Old 18-03-2018, 08:07 AM   #17
Andi Istiabudi
manager

MOURINHO REACTS TO FA CUP PROGRESS

Jose Mourinho was pleased with the result but wanted more from the performance of his team as Manchester United reached the Emirates FA Cup semi-finals for the second time in three seasons.

The Reds beat Brighton 2-0 courtesy of goals from Romelu Lukaku and Nemanja Matic in Saturday evening’s quarter-final at Old Trafford to advance to the last four of a competition that United won for a 12th time in 2016.

Mourinho’s men will discover their opponents at Wembley next month once the semi-final draw has been conducted on Sunday evening at around 18:30 GMT, immediately after Chelsea’s tie against Leicester City.

Speaking to MUTV, the boss was satisfied with the outcome and felt Matic, who was voted Man of the Match by fans on Twitter after providing a goal and an assist, was the Reds' best player on the night.

"I am happy that we go to Wembley again," he said. "I am happy with the qualification to the semi-final, but I am not happy with the performance. I expected more, we worked for more. We need more personality. Personality has a big influence in the quality that you show.

"I think [Nemanja] Matic was by far the best player in the team. Clearly, the personality, the desire, no fear to play, no fear to make mistakes. The team didn’t play as well as we prepared. These players, they need to play with pressure and feel the pressure."

Mourinho went on: "I don’t expect the players to relax after a defeat. We play four important matches at home in the past couple of weeks, we beat Chelsea and Liverpool, we reach the semi-final, we lost against Sevilla which is a match that looks like it deletes everything good we did until now, but today was very important to win the match. Two knockouts at home would have been really negative for us so I am happy that we won."

United earned a hard-fought 1-0 victory over Brighton in the league back in November at Old Trafford and the boss felt the Seagulls played without freedom, with Premier League survival their main aim, but the Reds had a measure of command throughout.

"I'm really happy with the result and I'm really happy with the control we had," he said. "Of course, they had a reaction in the second half between minute 15 and 30, no more than that. Of course they had that result and they can play football.

"It's a match without any kind of pressure for them and their big target in the end is to stay in the Premier League, which they are going to do for sure. But today, nothing to lose for them and they had a reaction but, apart from that, we kept control of the game and the result which is good."

Mourinho also had words of encouragement for young midfielder Scott McTominay, despite being a little disappointed by the overall display from the Reds.

“I have to say, for example, that Scott McTominay lost more passes today than in all of the [other] matches he played together but he was a Manchester United player and, for me, a Manchester United player is a player that when he plays bad, he gives to the team," the boss explained.

"That's a question of personality, that's a Manchester United player for me. The perfect Manchester United player for me is a player that has personality and quality and is consistent on that. But when you play bad, and as a football player you can play bad, you must have that personality that the kid of 20 years old had."

www.manutd.com

(View-All Members who have read this thread : 11
adi_Giggsy, Andi Istiabudi, dwitri27, penk22_, Rahmatsyawal12, Riskur, tumpal_oneunited, wira_ozora, xkeiszglf34, Zulfan